Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 02-21-04, 09:14 AM  
carol716
VF Supporter

workout pants

does anyone know where i can get bell-bottomed leggings in petite sizes, as in shorter inseam?? i get tired of hemming these things and hiking them up so i don't trip.
carol716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:05 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ditto. If you find any, please let me know !!!

I know that Avia used to make jazz pants that fit shorter people (at least one person I know shorter than I am swears by them; I'm 5'2"). The problem is that I don't think they offer them anymore. They have something called palazzo pants on their website, but no jazz pants.

I'm going to be very closely following this thread.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 10:27 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I know! I know!!
I bought a pair of yoga capris at the Victoria's secret website. They're also available in the catalog. They're a regular size - just capris with a flare - and fit me (I'm 5 1 1/2) like regular pants and hit at the ankle - it's actually a great length for exercise because they don't get in the way. . Go take a look - they're always putting them on sale. I think that they're 25". They do shrink if you put them in the dryer ( the length didn't shrink.). I bought a size small but if I were to buy them again, I'd buy a medium, so that they wouldn't be too form fitting. I was surprised at how good the quality is on these - the fabric is substantial and they're cut well.

I also bought a pair at the Carushka sale - also capris - and they fit like regular pants hitting at the ankle. And of course, Carushka products are well made.

Lands End was selling yoga pants in petite sizes. I'm not sure if they still have them.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 11:47 AM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Lucy (formerly Lucy.com) sells some in different lenghts. The "short" works great for me (I'm 5'2"). I don't think they sell on-line anymore. But there's a store in NYC and also on the west coast somewhere. Perhaps other places?

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-04, 01:29 PM  
ARTYGIRL
VF Supporter

Pitbull Clothing has lots of slighly flaired-leg exercise capris, if that will do for you. I own several pair and they are really comfy; they're low-riders, too, so nothing binding at the waist.

Lots on sale right now, too! And very nice customer service.

Pitbull Clothing

Marie

"A trimuph of art over logic"
(Manic Street Preachers)
ARTYGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-04, 09:26 PM  
carol716
VF Supporter

thanks for the info

i ordered some pants from Victoria's Secret today, so i'll let you know how they turned out...
carol716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-04, 10:19 PM  
Cheslie
VF Supporter

Try Athleta.com.
Cheslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-04, 03:42 PM  
EileenS
VF Supporter

Marie or anyone else who knows-- how does the sizing on Pitbull clothing run? I'm righ on the line between medium and large and need so input!
Old 02-29-04, 06:22 PM  
pshmn

try rocky mountain direct
Their website is rockydirect.com
They are a canadian company that also ships to the US.
I am very short (5 feet) with slim hips and I bought their Rebel stretch sport pant...these have been my favorite for yoga and exercise so far... the material is comfortable and it comes with a waist tie, so you can pretty much adjust the size of the waist. I wear mine around my hips.
I have tried carushka and pitbull clothing and though I like their maetrial, feel that sometimes the fit is wrong. Victoria Secrets pants are just too big for me around the hips.

shopping for pants that aren't too long have always been big issue for me!
pshmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-04, 12:08 AM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Also, if you're looking for exercise-type wear, Danskin makes some *great* bell-bottomed short-inseam pants that are SO comfy and that wear SO well....

GL

Meg