Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-09-19, 07:15 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I don't know why my last post has a grumpy face. Sorry about that.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 08:51 AM  
cyana

Linda - My biggest challenge is finding consistent time to learn how to use the Total Gym properly and figuring out how to move efficiently from one exercise to the next with the least amount of up/down and switching of attachment "stuff". I think it has value and is a good complement to traditional weights. When you mentioned your shoulder injury, it was a good reminder for me to proceed with caution and not jump in all willy-nilly.

Sandra - I used to buy Cathe's new stuff regularly through around the Slow and Heavy-ish time frame. Gayle kindly gifted me her unused copy of PHA2, but I had given serious thought to purchasing that one and possibly a couple of others during her sale. I've thought about pulling out the old CTX series and doing some of those.

Gayle - My DH had his first cataract surgery at age 35 and they really let that one go longer than they should have. Since he was so young, they'd hoped the technique, lenses, etc., would continue to improve and it ended up being a more technically difficult procedure. He isn't a diabetic, hadn't taken steroids, etc., so they were at a loss as to why he developed cataracts so young. He had the second eye done about 5 years later and has had zero problems. Hope your DH has an equally uneventful recovery and good result!

Beth - I think there is a hormonal component to the disrupted sleep, especially with temperature regulation. I jump in the bed and I'm freezing, 15 minutes later I'm burning up - repeat cycle. There's a lot of flinging covers around, LOL! But I'll wake up and have no clue why, and it can take hours to get back to sleep.

I'm a little sore from Cathe this AM, but not too bad, thank goodness. I was tickled pink in my weekly MFML email to see there's a new practice from Zephyr Wildman. She's a really super instructor and hasn't done anything new for a while, so that will definitely be on the agenda very soon.

Must get my work day started - waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 08:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, I was trying to figure out why the grumpy face until I saw the next post.

cyana, I have been wondering about the hormonal connection now that I am nearing/going through (?) menopause. I generally have no trouble falling asleep, but sometimes I have trouble falling back asleep after I wake up to use the bathroom--like last night, for example. Hope your current bad patch resolves soon!

It's the last day of classes here, which is a relief. Happy Monday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 08:07 PM  
gjv

It was cold and windy today. I knew walking outside was going to be a problem so I did 4 miles of Leslie's 5 Boosted Miles.

Cyana! Your husband was really young when he had his cataract surgeries!

Linda! What did you buy and did it arrive today?
Old 12-10-19, 12:27 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

cyana - my Total Gym is in the shed where it can't hurt me. I always did seated exercises facing the footbar - chest, overhead triceps, biceps, front shoulders, then turn around and work back, bis and tris and rear shoulders. Then I'd do exercises laying prone and supine. I was a smart a$$ getting on to do prone exercises and tore up my shoulder and wrist.

Gayle, the legs arrived today. . The rest arrives tomorrow. I wanted another recumbent bike but I'd have to pay someone to put it together. So I bought something else I used to have. Stay tuned.

Old 12-10-19, 12:29 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Forgot to say I worked shoulders, bis, and tris on Snapchat with my guy. It was sort of like using a video. LOL

Old 12-10-19, 04:58 AM  
Anny

Smoke and ash have made walking more difficult but I am continuing with the December YWA calendar. Last night was Yoga for Stress and today was Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Relief . I needed that last one after spending time at the computer today!

Hi to everyone! I will be back later to catch up on news.
Old 12-10-19, 08:58 AM  
cyana

Last night:
MFML - Evening Yin/Yang Flow with Jonelle Lewis

I was going to do a short Holden practice and it just didn't happen for some unknown reason.

Anny - I'm glad you checked in. The news from the fires just doesn't get any better and I read where one beach was black from the ash. Stay safe!

Linda - Hmmm....the legs arrive.....thank goodness this is a fitness forum, otherwise someone might think you were trafficking in body parts!!!

Gayle - We have rain moving in today, so I'm thinking a walk might not be a happening thing. And literally, as I typed that sentence, the skies opened up and it is pouring.

Need to run and get my work day started - waves to ALL and hope everyone has a good day!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 10:23 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Anny - I'll be with you for awhile taking it easy with the legs. I can do squats and lunges but I pay for it with pain instead of muscle soreness. Sorry the smoke and ash have made walking difficult. Protect your lungs as best you can.

cyana - thanks for the laugh. If I were dealing in body parts I'd stock up on shoulders, wrists, and elbows. And maybe spines. And a leg for Meow Meow. There's nothing a 4-legged cat can do that she can't do. Even 4-legged cats throw litter everywhere.

I assume I have a fever from the second shingles shot. I turned the heat up to 77* last night and had three of Meow's fluffy throws on me. The pharmacist said if I didn't feel bad after the first shot I wouldn't feel bad after this one. He's not as smart as he thinks.

I'm waiting for my guy to wake up to see if we're working out together. He works all night. I'd like to work chest and back from Cathe's CTX. Working out with Cathe is easy compared to working out with the man.

Old 12-10-19, 12:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
my Total Gym is in the shed where it can't hurt me
Linda, this cracked me up! I guess sometimes we have to protect ourselves from our exercise equipment. Looking forward to hearing about your announcement!

Anny, I have been thinking about you as I have been hearing updates on the news; so sorry about the fires causing smoke and ash near you! I hope things get better.

I still have a pretty full work schedule until the end of the week. Next week will be slower (finals end next Tuesday). I'm also off next Monday and won't work another Monday until January 27--woo-hoo!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote