Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-19, 08:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - I Come From a Family Where Gravy Is Considered a Beverage. Dec 8

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 08:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I hated to see a good theme fall by the wayside.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Yesterday was a similar day to the rest of the week in that it was productive, but it was at a MUCH slower pace.

Paula - We've worked on the annual newsletter but haven't sent any cards yet. I need to print out the mailing labels today so I can get started on that. The tea sounds nice.

Anita - The new vaccine is apparently very expensive and insurance doesn't always cover it. Mine does, but apparently that's not always true. I missed or forgot something. What is that about 10 FB posts?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-08-19, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started today, Laura! I was off looking for quotes and found "Michigan isn't just cold in December; it's arctic." by Daniel Milstein, 17 Cents and a Dream. I'd change it to MN from MI as we're going down into single digits and negative numbers this coming week - brrrrrr!

Last night was good - I ate a lamb chop dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant and saw lots of bellydancing . Today I'm planning on putzing around the house and giving Gus a nice long walk (before the temps go down tonight). I'll try filling out and sending some Christmas cards also.

Paula, your Christmas tea sounds like fun! I'm trying to catch some of the Downton Abbey reruns on TV these days. I think they are planning on putting together another movie episode. Did you dress up for the tea also? I don't think I can do anything other than jeans and a sweater these days .

Laura, I'm participating in a 10 day challenge on FB to post pictures and videos of my performances over the years - today is Day 10.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 09:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Only workout for me today was some stretching I did on my own and then a walk around the neighborhood with DH.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, yup that's a good theme. I stopped doing an annual newletter years ago. I'm too lazy and our life doesn't change much anymore. I did detailed emails with pictures every couple weeks when we were in Mexico for months at a time but when we're home, we're boring. What vacine are you talking about - the shingles one? My insurance covered that.

Anita, Brrr is right, I loved Minnesota when I was there (in the summer) but I'm too big a panty waist to live where it's that cold in the winter. Hope you and Gus got your walk in. The tea was a lot of fun. Some people go all out and dress in Victorian costumes. My group just dresses nicely. I wore a sparkly sweater, black slacks, and some Christmas earrings. Not Victorian at all but nicer than my usual jeans and a T shirt. One of the women with us was attending the tea for the first time and she wants to dress up Victorian for it next year, so we'll see if she can talk the rest of us into it.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 07:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning - we've gotten a little bit of the promised snowfall, but not much yet. Temps are still pretty warm. I don't mind! I'm sure as I finish my shift there it'll be snowy and cccccoooollllldddd! Otherwise planning on walking Gus and getting cards in the mail.

Paula, I write a little in the cards, I don't do a massive newsletter to put in the cards and just sign on the bottom. The shingles vaccine I got was SHINGRIX - that definitely got covered by insurance! Sounds like that tea was a good time - wish I could drink tea and not think it tasted like lawn mower washings .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-09-19, 08:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was another busy day. There's just too many things that need to be done these days. I went to the gym this morning and did a cardio workout. I also met with my trainer and we talked about other things I can do while trying to build my cardio capacity. The rest of the day was taken up with laundry and taking DH to an appointment and working on Christmas card stuff.

Anita - Sorry it is getting so cold there. It looks like we have our theme for next Sunday? Stay warm!

Paula - Yeah, I'd skip the letter this year, but Larry feels like there would be trouble with his huge family if they didn't get it. Since he put most of the work into it, I don't have a problem with that.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-09-19, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Strong Women/Strong Bones followed by Yoga with Adriene - Yoga for Flexibility.

We had decided we were not going to get a tree this year. DH went to the boat today, I was out and about and ended up in Home Depot, the tree area has just opened. I went through and a small tree (really small 3 - 4 feet) called to me. It was small enough I could stick it in the back of my Subaru. Anyway, got it set up on a small teak table in my living room. Tomorrow I'll decorate it.

Anita, I'm glad you aren't digging out from a snow storm. I should have written personal notes in the cards I sent, but I didn't. Getting old and lazy. I think that was the same Shingles vacination I got too.

Laura, sounds like you had a productive day. Yeah, I might do an annual letter if DH wrote all or most of it, but that will never happen. I'm the one with the large family so if it were to happen it would be my responsibility.
Old 12-10-19, 09:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It is -4F outside now - even Gus did a 30 second bathroom run outside this morning. Not sure if we'll be able to do a walk today - maybe just around the block here. Yesterday he didn't get a walk either as I spent two hours shoveling. Otherwise planning on an elder lunch today and working at the circus.

Laura, It's so good to have a spouse to take over the Christmas letter - wish that were the case for a single. I don't think I sent out any cards last year. Glad you weren't in New Zealand at the time of this last volcano eruption!

Paula, did your DH accept your little tree? I still keep a live tree stand just in case I buy a real tree, but normally I use my fake Japanese tree for decorating. The last time I had a real tree must've been between dogs as I had it put up where the kennel normally is in my office area - it's been several years.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-10-19, 04:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I spent most of today answering questions for a company I've applied to. I don't totally understand what they do and they will train you in what they do if you pass their tests. So, I analyzed a job posting and the resume of a fictional person who wants to apply for the job and answering questions about her strengths and weaknesses against the description of the job and formulating answers on how she could counter the weaknesses.

Paula - The small tree sounds like a good compromise. Did you get it set up? I'll leave it to DH to decided when/if to stop the newsletter.

Anita - What a tragedy. My comment to DH was that we wouldn't have been on that island because the fumes and gases from volcanoes really kill DH's allergies. We avoid areas with thermal gases or smoke or other stuff like that.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-10-19, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith's Chair Cardio followed by Leslie Sansone's Pilates You Can Do - Matt, then Rodney Yee Yoga for Your Week AM Release.

Anita, I'm with Gus, when it's -4F I only want to be outside for 30 seconds. Oh DH is happy with the little tree. He actually wanted a tree he just didn't want the work. With this tree all he had to do was help put it into the tree stand which took him all of maybe ten minutes. While he was gone today I decorated it and it does look mighty pretty if I do say so myself. I'm not one of those people who have the "theme" I put on the ornaments we've had for decades and collected over the years. Many have memories attached so looking at the tree is a nostalgic experience.

Laura, your idea of imaging a person applying for a job and try to analyze what the company is looking for is a good one. I hope you get an interview.