Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-19, 09:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Linda, did you get your order from Barre3 yet?
Dana, I just got the order this evening ...how funny you asked
It's my stocking stuffer so I will wrap and put it in there. More fun than candy

Today was CS beginners Pain relief ..felt wonderful. I checked out this DVD set from the library...pain relief will be missed. I may have to break down and buy that workout one day.
Followed by 30 minutes of BOSU Cardio fusion. Gave me some good ideas to use as my cardio in other workouts...but can't say I enjoyed this workout. Not very good cueing and I didn't think there were very fluid transitions from one move to the next I did have fun hopping on my BOSU though.

Cheryl high five in getting back in the reformer saddle. I am a slow healer so I admire those who arent.

Donna, I go through spells with instructors too. Definitely why I have to have variety. And I blame all my wrinkles and grey hairs on my kids... I tell people all the time they are harder to deal with when older than lil tots.

Christine, I love workout toys..but for some reason kettlebells have never piqued my interest. Go figure.

Brenda, hope you are in the mend and find out what is bothering your belly.

Carol, good for you working out after eating out. I pretty much succumb to a food coma after a celebration meal.

Nite all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 09:46 PM  
cherimac

TBL Restorative Pilates , which was harder than it sounds.
Old 12-10-19, 09:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana, I just got the order this evening
Thanks, Linda! I ordered a day after you did, so hopefully I'll get my awesome, sticky orange ball in the next few days
Old 12-11-19, 06:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Dancing Barefoot. it is a bit repetitive but I enjoy it.

Linda - yes, LOL. I thought it was tough when she was little - it is definitely harder now. And, in these days you don't have to just worry about what they are doing in the real world, you have to worry about what they are dong on-line, too. And, there seems to be so much more angst these days - maybe I don't remember it as well from when I was her age.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 07:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were:

Get Healthy U TV - 1 Mile Power Walk - 16 minutes & Lower Body Shred - 10 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates to De-stress - 13 minutes

I enjoyed the Lower Body Shred workout quite a bit - it used resistance bands and a stability ball. A nice quick workout.

(((Donna))) - It's hard raising children these days - way harder than when I was a child. You're right - there is a lot to worry about and yet all that worrying changes things not one iota. Just wondering - would seeing a counselor maybe be a good thing for your DD? Just someone to talk to that could give her strategies for whatever she's dealing with? (Since she's probably at that age where her parents don't know a single thing)

Dana and Linda - I love my Barre3 core ball. I really wish they used it more in their newer workouts. It seems like the ones I've done lately didn't incorporate the ball much.

Cheri - Funny how that happens. I noticed that Smriti's Restorative Pilates workout was also tougher than it sounded.

Cheryl - Ditto on the high fives for getting back on the exercise wagon so soon after your fall.

Linda - Is that one of the four workout sets that Miranda did a few years back? I really should do those more often.

Christine - Dreary weather can get my son down as well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carol. In fact, she is going to see a therapist. I hope it helps work all of this out. It is hard to find someone good, I hope I did. Time will tell, I guess. And, you are right, worry doesn't help change a thing and all the "advice" I can give probably falls on deaf ears right now. Although, hopefully it sits there dormant and some day, in their 20's or so, it wakes up and they remember it!

Definitely tough stuff these days.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 12:16 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

this was good.. will do again on one I love this thing.. i'm still with it. one red cord."] red cord. .[/URL]

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 12:28 PM  
furmomof6

Fly by today...

Shaped by Faith: Pilates for the Soul

Donna, ((hugs))

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 07:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Stress & Anxiety Relief - 30 minutes

A nice, calming pilates workout, but still with some tough things.

Donna - I guess you never know for sure about therapists, but I'm betting you can tell from your DD's actions whether the therapist is good for her. Will the therapist talk with you about how to best help your DD? My son's therapist had a session with me after DS's dad died to talk about how to help him. And yes, you can (and should) give all that advice right now, and someday your DD will remember it/accept it gratefully.

Cheryl - So glad you're still in love with your reformer!

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 10:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles. Good length and intensity. Enough to warm me up.
ePilates Become Aware of Your Imbalances - 33m. Another great class. I've been very consistent with ePilates and my body is loving it! I feel loose, relaxed yet my core feels stronger. There is no dread and I'm actually looking forward to my daily workout with Emma.