Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-09-19, 09:41 AM  
mena

Mon 12/9 - Cathe - Push Pull

December workouts: 9/9.

Lili - Glad to hear that the party went well. And I second Pam--party leftovers are the best!

Cleda - Wow, 300 rides since April. Great job. Congrats !!

Kay - I think they've been having lots of flooding in Venice recently. But still, it's Venice--so how could it not be great to visit. A couples trip is always fun.

Pam - I really like Namaste Yoga. I have seasons 1, 2 and 3. They are my favorites after Shiva Rea's yoga dvds. Have you tried them?

Helen - The stretch on Instant Workout is a good one. I also like the cardio. It's cheesy but fun.

Happy Monday to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 06:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

So the week doesn't get away from me.
Possible shout outs later.

12/9/2019: Matt's 45 minute endurance Power Zone workout (ahhhhhhhh that one felt good after the tough ones I did this past weekend! more my style. Zones 2 and 3.) Followed by a 15 minute "Move for More"** climb by Matt. (not a challenge workout). Got another badge. (Love collecting them)

** If we do 3 of the "Move For More" workouts (the instructors are doing a bunch of different ones) between 12/3 and 12/19 (I think) Peloton will donate $5 to Activity for Kids ....

I figure why not? I'm already doing classes, what's an extra 15 minutes of different instructors on different rides/tread?

I'm procrastinating this a.m. and believe I'll probably just do my bellicon and maybe an arms workout? We'll see. Next ride is tough (this whole week is tough and then we have the taper before the next FTP test next week. I can do this. (but I have a tiny bit of dread factor). lol .....And this is what makes me a better cyclist.

Make it a great day.
More later.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 09:54 AM  
mena

Tues 12/10 - Cathe 4DS - Lower Intensity Step (step only premix)

December Workouts: 10/31
Old 12-10-19, 05:41 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

December has certainly been a consistent month for many! Congrats to all who are 10/10!
Helen - the race is at the end of March, so plenty of time, but still difficult if I only run 1 day/week. I am planning on doing more spinning to build my endurance.
Cleda - congrats on 300 rides! That's amazing!
Kay - I hope the drugs do the trick and your trip goes well. It sounds wonderful!
Pam - you inspire me to do more workouts - different types and more each day!

12/9 - back to the rotation with 360 Abs.
12/10 - Shred & Tred
Tomorrow has a stretch as the workout, so I'm planning on hitting the bike first. There, I've said it, so now I have to do it!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 08:29 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Classical Stretch 1214 - Spine Strength
~4 km walk

Today’s workouts -
~Taught Essentrics
~KBs on my own, 3X10 reps of double arm swings, single arm swings, squats, windmills, & single leg deadlifts
~MFML: Qi Gong & Restorative Yoga: Finding Harmony - Very relaxing!

Cleda - I’m in awe of your cycling workouts, very impressive!

Lili - Good luck with your training! Do you do run/walk intervals? I did them quite a lot in my running days, even when I was running a lot I often did 10:1. I am the variety queen with my workouts, a kind of exercise ADD. Although I work out pretty much every day, I’m terrible at following a rotation.

Mena - I used to do a lot of Shiva’s workouts several years ago, but wrist issues have taken me away from vinyasa yoga. I love her vibe though, she is so beautiful & graceful.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 03:04 AM  
Helen

Drive by - buddy due any minute

10/10 with
Cathe Mega Step Blast - Section 1 Mix 31min
Steve - Groovelectric - All Things with Great Care dog walk, 54min

11/11 with
~an hour dog walk / rumble / tug-o-war no music today
Tracy - Perfect Design Series - Vol. 3 51min (ABOUT to do this one)
buddy has never 'met' Tracy Anderson

Don't think anybody noticed - but I had to replace the dog/beach gif, as the one that had been there disappeared - url still in post but no image, went to the site & got an error message. Similar one there now.

Oh - (buddy not here yet.... so I'm putzing whilst waiting)
39C (102F) yesterday & the worst smoke-filled day we've had. By evening though, the southerly arrived & took Alice out in what was essentially a cloud-filled evening - heavy mist, chill breeze.

ding-dong - she's arrived!
WAVES!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 07:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

I'm sorry my power was out ... I'd love to be in the 10/10 group. Maybe next Month!!! So proud of you guys. (and we all know I could have done SOMETHING, so bad me .....)

Helen: I did not notice the pic/.gif change. Thanks for pointing it out. My way of viewing VF is click on "new posts", find arrow, click box with arrow in it and go to first unread message. I then scroll back up if I think I missed something or need a refresher. So , without you mentioning it? I never would have seen or noticed!

Pam: Cycling is kinda my thing. Rotations are kinda my thing. (as long as they are doable and I'm interested). I need schedules. I do so much better if I can plan things out. I'll have 4 weeks off between challenges, so it should be interesting to see what workouts I do. I love kettlebells, so it warmed my heart to read your doing them in that day's check in! So many workouts, so little time. But variety is key.

Lili: I always wondered, with Shred & Tred is that all floor workout? Or does it involve the treadmill? YOu guys KNOW I love KCM's Home Gym Intervals. I love that workout (Despite the fact that it slays me almost every single time.) Hey - there's one for my 4 weeks off. You'll be ready for the 5 mile race. No doubt in my mind.

Mena: Consistency - look at you go girl ... Next month I'm joining you guys. I am. I am.

Check in:

12/10/2019:
(Don't fall over): Treadmill - Peloton Run/walk Beginner interval workout with Matty somebody or other. It was ok .... I will probably repeat it. I haven't been on the treadmill in awhile. (Obviously). only 20 minutes. That was enough. Followed up with 10 minutes freestyle stretching type moves on the Bellicon. Bounces that go laterally since the bike and tread do not provide that.

On a side note - and I know it's been mentioned before - just always catches my eye and I'm too lazy to do a search . VF always comes up as "not secure" on my web browser. BIG RED letters and a RED triangle. I suppose this is correct ? and we don't buy anything through here. . . but ... Can someone confirm this is correct? Or do I need to do something else to make it secure?

Ok, gotta go hit the bike.
Cleda
Old 12-11-19, 09:50 AM  
mena

Wed 12/11 - The Firm BSS1 - Ab Sculpt and the stretch segment from Jane Fonda's Stress Reduction Program.

December Workouts: 11/31

Helen - Report back how your workout buddy liked Tracy. I used to have her Perfect Design Series but can't recall much about them other than it was nighttime outside.

Cleda - I never get any sort of warning. I would use a password that you don't use for any other sites if you're worried.

Waves to Lili, Pam, Kay.
Old 12-11-19, 12:33 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Did a search

(Because I'm procrastinating and got side tracked)

It shows up with chrome and safari web browsers and it is because this is the case (not secure). I do use a unique to VF password. But reading some of it? oy ....

Cleda
Old 12-12-19, 08:53 AM  
mena

Thu 12/12 - Namaste Yoga - S1E7 (Earth). I just did this one on Sunday, but I like it so much that I decided to do it again today.

December Workouts: 12/31