Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-11-19, 12:24 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Anita, did you send some snow my way? Take it back! I don't want it. It is sticking to the grass and our back deck, but I can't tell if it's doing anything on the road. It doesn't look like it, but it's too dark out for me to see. I'm hoping it doesn't cause driving problems tomorrow as I need to get out and about.

I saw the primary today. My labs look good, and my weight was not as bad as I expected. I hadn't gained as much as I feared. Of course it's still too much for the endo (I see her Thursday) but I was relieved.

I had my flu shot today and my shoulder is sore, so I probably won't do my little upper body routine tomorrow. (I know. I'm a baby. )

I'm still working on Christmas cards. We don't send the picture cards to everyone, so I've been writing short notes in regular ones and filling out envelopes. It takes more time than you'd think. We don't do a newsletter. We're too boring for that, and any news we have to report is bad. (I miss Mr. Roll Eyes.)

Paula, I got a three-foot tree a few years ago since we weren't putting one up anymore. I like it because the lights are built-in and you just put the two pieces together right out of the box and plug it in. My decorations are mostly wildlife. It just worked out that way. I'd gotten rid of all our ornaments when we got rid of the old tree, and when I bought new ones, that's what I was drawn to. I think having a little tree is nice.

Laura, good luck with the job and getting through the craziness of this season. At least you're getting a lot done.
Old 12-11-19, 09:29 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting my hair cut today and getting Gus out for a walk - he did get through about a half hour walk at the park yesterday. I got my hours at circus cut down as they are going through some small classes, so I will only be working Tuesdays, not Saturdays. No problem in December, but I get big piles of registrations in January as EVERYONE has to reregister. Oh well.

Laura, sounds like that new job would be in company staffing/personnel? Seems like an odd way to recruit people.

Paula, I'm one to use old ornaments also - I've got some that were made to celebrate my coming on this earth . As I use a small tree, I've gotten rid of any ball ornaments over two inches wide.

Dede, Yes, that snow storm in Tennessee is the same one that hit us earlier this week. Glad things went well with your doctor. I've sent out cards for those I want to get my cards, now I'm responding to surprise cards I get. I don't mind writing the letters to people in cards, but each gets my chicken scratch handwriting rather than a typed form letter. I've got some wildlife ornaments (squirrel, goldfish), but not an entire tree! That's cool your tree has a theme!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 02:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I went to the YMCA this morning and did a long cardio session on my bike/elliptical. The rest of the day will be taken up with job search stuff and wrapping presents and hopefully some work on my videos.

Paula - I do miss the walk down memory lane when we don't put up the tree. We've gotten so many of our ornaments on trips and there are memories attached to most of them. It sounds like the tree worked out really well.

Dede - It's good your weight wasn't the issue you feared it would be. Good luck with the endo. And, I hope the snow melts off quickly.

Anita - Will things pick up at the circus after the new year with more classes? It sounds like the paperwork will - hopefully, the activity will as well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 09:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Fightmaster Yoga - Magically Feel Good, plus a walk around the lake with DH.

Dede, hope the snow melted off and roads are clear. My arm was so sore after the first shingles shot I haven't gone back for the second one.

Anita, hope you were able to get that walk in and your hair cut. Is the reduction in your hours at circus only through the holidays.

Laura, good for you getting in a long cardio session. We're lucky in that we really don't send gifts any more and we often don't exchange gifts between ourselves either. This year we just bought the boat, so probably won't get each other a gift, so no gift wrapping for me.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 08:34 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Looks like another round of snow to shovel is coming down. I'll also be going to chair yoga today and otherwise putzing around. Gus walk will be planned today - at least its a bit warmer out there!

Laura, good luck with the job search continuing! I know the paperwork will pick up next year as everyone needs to reregister, but unsure if more people will be coming for classes - that's where the money comes in. I'll still be doing Tuesday nights there, but am basically down to two hours a week from 6.5 hours.

Paula, Fightmaster yoga? sounds like a conflict of thought patterns . Your gift pattern seems a lot like mine also - my brother and I agreed not to do gifts, but still get together in January. So far the only gift wrap was for a friends gift exchange.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-12-19, 09:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Morning Yoga for Strength and Stretch with Tim. I haven't done one of his practices in a long time - I liked it. I had to shorten my workout time this morning as I had a doctors appointment for the hip pain. Long story short - inflamation of the IT band, a cortisone shot and now I'll have to go to PT for a bit. Oh and rest it if I can.

Anita, Boo and brr for new snow. But shoveling does qualify as a workout. Hope you enjoyed chair yoga and Gus got his walk. Yeah, I did think Fightmaster Yoga does sounded odd, turns out Fightmaster is her last name - still odd, but an explanation. The holidays are easier when you don't have to shop for a million people. Part of me misses the hustle and bustle we had years ago but mostly I like the easier pace.
Old 12-12-19, 09:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a little less of a crazed day. I wrapped a bunch of presents, not just mine, but a couple for my mother-in-law. She usually gives DH and me a check and tells us to go get what we want. So, I went ahead and bought a couple of shirts I know DH wants and offered them to her. It's tough with DH having his birthday three days after Christmas.

Anita - That is a big drop. I'm sorry that it has dropped so much. Will you need to find more hours elsewhere?

Paula - That makes sense. I'm sure in the next year, you'll give each other the gift of trips in the boat.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-13-19, 07:50 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC, having lunch with some work buddies from 3M, and walking Gus. Probably another round of snow shoveling today also - its supposed to be 1-2", but still enough to shovel.

Last night I had a smoke detector going off periodically - low battery . Not fun to try to get that down and silenced at 2 am. Gus hates that sound also - poor guy had the shakes hearing that.

Paula, I might have to go to a doc to have my hip looked at also - occasionally I'll have something in the joint cup catch and then get stuck in the joint - need to walk with a cane if that happens. Otherwise its just chronically sore - likely arthritis. I've not been to a doc for the hip. My ankle on the side with my knee replacement is chronically sore also. Lots of swelling from the knee, but I think I've got a joint problem there also - argh... Glad Fightmaster is her last name - doesn't sound peaceful though for a yoga class. I've been trying to downsize and minimize stuff around here - don't want another load of stuff brought in as presents...

Laura, I've got a friend who's birthday is Christmas Day - I've always been bummed that his birthday isn't recognized as a special day in that family as it always coincides with Christmas stuff. I think it affects anyone within three weeks of Christmas... I should be fine without the money from the hours at circus - it was always a bit of a cream on top of my budget.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-13-19, 05:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What a miserable day, outside at least. It has rained all day with low clouds and visibility. I went to the YMCA and had a good workout. I did a circuit workout on the treadmill and then did a strength workout with more weight than usual. Then, we have hung out at home mostly doing Christmas cards and cleaning up some and other stuff. We had thought about going to a Christmas market tonight with Mom and Dad, but it is so miserable, we decided to try to go tomorrow.

Anita - It's good you can afford to lose the hours. I'm sorry you are having so much pain and/or discomfort. I hope you find a way to get it to go away, some of it, at least.

Paula - You, too! I hope that the treatments decrease your hip pain.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-13-19, 09:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today as I'm supposed to be resting my IT muscle. DH and I did fly today and do some walking so a nice day.

Anita, sounds like you're having more joint problems than I am. The cortisone shot is helping but honestly I thought it would help more than it has. I guess the doctor is right and I do need the PT. I was hoping to cop out on that, but guess I'll have to go. I think a birthday on Christmas day would be awful. My sister's birthday often falls on Thanksgiving Day which hasn't always been fun for her. Glad you can afford to lose those hours, but I do hope after the new year, they will need you more.

Laura, hope you got to go to the Christmas market today. Sounds like you had a serious workout at the gym - good for you.