Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-10-19, 04:13 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Checking in from vacation! Add me to the non sleepers. Not sure what the deal was but I really didn't sleep last night. I'm hoping that with all the activity today I'll sleep better tonight. I've been doing short little essentrics workouts... The 15-minute ones on the streaming. This afternoon we went snorkeling, which really doesn't count for activity because you're just laying there in the water. It's really nice here though.

Hope you're all doing well!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 08:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Classical Stretch 1214 - Spine Strength
~4 km walk

Today’s workouts -
~Taught Essentrics
~KBs on my own, 3X10 reps of double arm swings, single arm swings, squats, windmills, & single leg deadlifts
~MFML: Qi Gong & Restorative Yoga: Finding Harmony - Very relaxing!

Sorry to hear there’s an insomnia theme going on! I’ve been better lately but still take my herbal sleep aid once or twice a week. I’ve been tracking my sleep on my FiBit & although I do wake up once or twice, most nights I get over 7 hours total.

Pat - No way you’d get kicked out, lol, you are stuck with us for the long haul!

Cyana - Glad Cathe didn’t hurt you to badly!

Sherry - Glad your new Cathe was a hit!

Jackie - Glad you’re having fun & hope you get some sleep!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

Jackie-I hope you are enjoying your vacation and your cold is getting better. We just got a little snow here, but nothing like what you get in Minnesota!

Pat-I love Dance the Chakras! It was my introduction to Ravi/Ana. I need to do it again soon.

Pam, I wish I could take herbal remedies for insomnia. They all give me really creepy nightmares.

Cyana, I hope your sleep has improved.

Hi to Laura and Margot!

I took a rest day yesterday. On Monday evening I fell asleep on the couch for ninety minutes, which is the kiss of death for getting to sleep later. My DH said he tried to wake me up. I could not fall back to sleep until 3 am! Ugh.

Last night I went to bed a little after 9pm and slept about eight hours. That felt wonderful!

This morning I did:

Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane "Longing and Beauty" class. I love her classes. She makes me laugh and she is such a graceful instructor. It was 63 minutes. I have to do some steps more slowly. I did not wake up early enough to use the finished basement workout area before my DH starts work, so I had to do it in the cramped spare bedroom upstairs. Oh, well.

I will definitely do yoga later.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Eta: side body yoga 15 m

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 01:32 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics Precho 9: standing
~Barlates: Dynamic Flow Sculpt - This was a good one, workout was 20 min with a nice 5 min stretch at the end.
~Headstand & upper back acupressure
~Yin yoga class by the fire

Sherry - How awesome you got a full night’s sleep! I’ve tried several different herbal sleep aids & the one I’m using now is the only one I’ve found effective.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-12-19, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hello everyone! I really have no boasting rights, neither workout nor yoga to report. Last night was my book club party, tonight is my office party (UGH this year I really, really want nothing to do with them after yabba dabba doo time) and I just generally have malaise from eating poorly and not working out.

So there! Bah Humbug!

Wishing everyone a healthy day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 10:25 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, love your Flintstones reference I am sorry about the work party. If you watch King of Queens, there was an episode where the character Carrie was going to her work party and said something like "why would I want to go spend MORE time with the people I see forty hours a week!"

I am with you on indulging in sugar.....I've been horrible.

Pam, would you mind pm'ing me what you use for sleep? I'm open to trying something different.

This morning I did not do Soul Sweat (gasp! ) I decided to string together an hour's worth of Shine Dance clips from you tube into a workout. It wasn't as much fun to me as Soul Sweat. I didn't know most of the music, and it moves too quickly, plus the moves don't feel as flowing/natural as Soul Sweat. I did get over 5,000 steps doing it, though! After that I did a twenty minute Yoga Upload practice on the floor.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 12-12-19, 07:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workout:
~Essentrics class

I just got home from an amazing hour & 45 min Balinese massage. My sister gave me an hour GC for my birthday in Oct & I upgraded it as my Christmas gift to myself. It was awesome, she found every tight spot & pressure point possible, lol. So I’m at home relaxing & sipping some of my homemade water kefir.

Pat - Your “yabba dabba do” cracked me up & I totally get it! I rarely socialized with my co-workers. I used to back into a parking spot at work so I could hop in the car & “exit stage left” quickly at the end of my shift, lol.

Sherry - I can understand how your workout didn’t flow having done some dvds that string various separate segments together. I always found those disjointed.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-13-19, 01:28 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone

Greetings from Arizona. I've been struggling with jet lag this week but have managed to get in some Qigong every day as well as some yin yoga. The weather is warm and sunny, so we're walking a lot, enjoying the beautiful landscape and amazing sunsets.

Pam - Your massage sounds wonderful.

Pat -Hope the office party was better than expected. Lol on Las Vegas. I find the energy of large crowds and all that razzmatazz overwhelming. We stayed away from the strip. Give me a quiet place in nature any day.

Sherry - I'm finding it hard to resist all the sweet treats over here. I'm sure my pants have shrunk in the past few days.

Jackie - sounds like a nice relaxing place where you're staying. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Cyana - The Sprouts that was the closest to us was quite small. However, I did find the gf flours I wanted and some cashew butter and cashew yoghurt. We have a Smith's grocery store here that's good for organic food.

Waves to Laura. Hope you're doing well.

I'm out this afternoon visiting an old gold mining town, where the donkeys that were freed when it was closed, are still roaming around.

I expect to do some yoga tonight. Hope everyone has a great day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 05:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today is a rare rest day for me. I didn’t sleep well, had a migraine & generally felt achy. Likely that massage stirred things up. I feel better today, just a bit tired. We have a Christmas party to go to tonight, won’t be a late one & should be fun.

Margot - Enjoy the sunshine! Ugh to jet lag. We travel to & from Europe pretty much every year & with an 8-9 hour time change it’s tiring. I always find it a harder adjustment going west than going east. I’ve only been to Sprouts once a long time ago. My favorite stores to visit in the US are Trader Joe’s & Penzey’s Spices.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 12-13-19, 06:07 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, I am so sorry you were not feeling well. I am glad you are doing better today-hugs!

Margot-Enjoy your trip! We have considered visiting Arizona someday.

I took a rest day today. My body said I needed one, so I listened I will be back to Soul Sweat and yoga tomorrow.

My DH abandoned lifting weights after one week (sigh) but says he will get back to it. I hope he will. I will join him when he does, or I may just do short, light strength section I make up on my own to my own music. It is too discouraging right now for me to try to keep up with strength dvds.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and weekend. We are having friends over tomorrow evening. They are bringing their adorable almost four year old daughter who loves to play with our cats.

Sherry