Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-15, 06:33 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Question Not OT! Shoes for AWT?

Ok dear VFers, I need your help!
I'm in need of a new pair of shoes and now that I really enjoy all of my FIRM workouts, I was hoping you all could chime in and let me know which kind of shoe works well for you for AWT workouts?

Looking forward to hear some suggestions!
TIA!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 06:57 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'll use any sneaker for AWT. Back in the day I wore the kind with a Velcro strap around the ankle, but I've since read that those aren't ideal. I don't know that you need any special type.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 08:50 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thanks for your input, Nuggie's Auntie! Anyone else???

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 02-18-15, 09:03 AM  
katmom

I use the Inov-8 F-Lite 249 or 215. Both shoes may be discontinued on the Inov-8 site, however, 6pm.com still has some. I got the 249's for $48. Inov-8's normally run $100-130.

If you have a wide foot and a neutral foot, you might look at the Altra Torin or Intuition. If your feet pronate and need more stability, the Repetition or Provision might meet your requirements.

BTW, regardless of what shoe you decide on, check 6pm.com to see if they have inventory for it.
Old 02-18-15, 12:47 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thank you, katmom! I didn't know of that website so I'll have to check it out!

Old 02-18-15, 01:24 PM  
SeptemberGirl

I have been using the ASICS Gel-180 TR for a few years with my classic FIRM's and I selected this one because of the cushioning in the toe box and the heel. They work well too for Cathe's and for Focus T25. I plan to get another pair soon--love them that much! A long time ago, I used Ryka's for my FIRM workouts but the cushioning broke down so fast in those and I found I was buying newer pairs more frequently.
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 06:07 PM  
Mandy

I like the Asics Gel fit Tempo Crosstrainer . They do run big though. I wear a 12 and the 12 were 1 size too big so I ordered an 11 and it fit perfect. I have them in black and purple. They work well for Firm, Power 90X3, step, kickboxing, leg workouts( lunges, squats). They are light for kickboxing and breathable too. I switched from Nike running shoes( Chalene Johnson wears them for Turbo kick) to crosstrainer since Tony Horton said NO to running shoes for P90X3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I used to wear Ryka but they stopped making them in my size. I'm hooked on these Asics.
Old 02-18-15, 07:25 PM  
SeptemberGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I like the Asics Gel fit Tempo Crosstrainer . They do run big though. I wear a 12 and the 12 were 1 size too big so I ordered an 11 and it fit perfect. I have them in black and purple. They work well for Firm, Power 90X3, step, kickboxing, leg workouts( lunges, squats). They are light for kickboxing and breathable too. I switched from Nike running shoes( Chalene Johnson wears them for Turbo kick) to crosstrainer since Tony Horton said NO to running shoes for P90X3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I used to wear Ryka but they stopped making them in my size. I'm hooked on these Asics.
Mandy, how does the cushioning in the Tempos compare to the cushioning in the Rykas? Those are tempting me...
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 12:22 AM  
Mandy

I take out the insoles and use these Dr Scholl's massaging sports insoles so cushioning is excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Scholls-Mas...cholls+insoles

I haven't worn Ryka's in years. I used to wear the Ryka's that would cover the ankle and the cushioning was great. I loved them. I haven't found another shoe to compare. The Asics aren't like Ryka's. They are much lighter and breathable. And the bottom of the shoe is flatter than Ryka's if that makes sense? I'm not a shoe expert so I'm not sure of the shoe lingo.

Tags
shoes, shoes for awt, shoes for firm, workout shoes