Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-13, 03:05 PM  
mbcatac7

Question about the nutrition plan: Does it want you not to eat certain foods at certain times of the day? I ask because I am a nurse who works night shift. I am really not into restriction programs. I do want to clean up my diet and have suggestions etc.. Just not strict you have to do this or it does not work.

Thanks
Billie
Old 06-24-13, 03:21 PM  
klaux

Hi Billie, there are a few food types that they want you to restrict after 3pm although they do say that there are always exceptions. I don't find it very restrictive at all, but I do have to think about meals a bit more than what I did before. It is much less restrictive than, say, Kimberly Snyder's Beauty Detox if that helps at all
klaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 03:23 PM  
cherimac

Got my DVDs today!
Old 06-24-13, 05:30 PM  
bella121

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I tried my first workout from the new set yesterday. I'm terrible with names, but it was the Beach Barre (?) workout on the first disc. I'm just not sure about these. First of all, I couldn't hear anything the brunette was saying. I could only hear the other girl (sorry I don't know which is which). So I was missing a lot of cues and explanations. And the workout itself didn't really feel like it was very effective. I didn't feel like the moves were really targeting any specific muscles in an effective way. I don't know how else to explain it. It wasn't bad, I guess it's just not my type of workout. I suppose I could go heavier next time, maybe that would help a little. I will try some of the other workouts, but I'm thinking these may not be for me.

I'm curious if anyone else had sound issues with these?
I enjoyed this workout a lot. Didn't feel overly worked but it had a cardio effect for me. I had a nice sweat going and felt stretched.

I had the same sound issues though. I have done both the barre and fine toning workouts so far and couldn't hear a word Karena said. Katrina was loud and clear. I honestly can't believe these went though production without them thinking they should redo them. The mic must not have been working. I like the workouts but the sound issue is annoying.
bella121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 08:43 AM  
Debbie

Hi all! I ordered the new Beach Babe dvd last night. I already have the nutrition plan and the first dvd. I have no real opinon on either the plan or the dvd since I've only done both sporadically. I need support and motivation to stick this out long enough to see if I can get real results! I'll have to check out the forums here to see if there is a challenge check in and try to find all of you over at Tone It Up.
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 08:56 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
Hi all! I ordered the new Beach Babe dvd last night. I already have the nutrition plan and the first dvd. I have no real opinon on either the plan or the dvd since I've only done both sporadically. I need support and motivation to stick this out long enough to see if I can get real results! I'll have to check out the forums here to see if there is a challenge check in and try to find all of you over at Tone It Up.
Hi Debbie! We also just started a TIU check-in here at VF, so please join us!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 12:37 PM  
shortie

Just got these!

I've been trying to find a suggested rotation using the DVDs -- or even cooler, these DVDs combined with the original Tone It Up. Their schedule on the blog seems to be suggested moves, but not based on the DVDs. Or am I missing something?
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 12:55 PM  
moonbeam31

Is there a printable for the Ibiza Yoga routine posted last week by Karena?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 05:11 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Just got these!

I've been trying to find a suggested rotation using the DVDs -- or even cooler, these DVDs combined with the original Tone It Up. Their schedule on the blog seems to be suggested moves, but not based on the DVDs. Or am I missing something?
They don't have an actual schedule for the DVDs, but their weekly schedules include the new DVD's now and their Youtube videos. It's more than just suggested moves. Let me know if you need help, that website is kind of confusing as the schedules tend to get buried!

They do have a suggested way of using the new DVD on their FAQ page too, but it's not that structured. From their FAQ page: "HIIT the Beach, Sunrise Routine and Sunset stretch are great for a few times a week and the other body part routines are great 2 times per week!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Is there a printable for the Ibiza Yoga routine posted last week by Karena?
I mentioned this in our check-in, I didn't see a printable for Ibiza Yoga.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 05:42 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
They don't have an actual schedule for the DVDs, but their weekly schedules include the new DVD's now and their Youtube videos. It's more than just suggested moves. Let me know if you need help, that website is kind of confusing as the schedules tend to get buried!

They do have a suggested way of using the new DVD on their FAQ page too, but it's not that structured. From their FAQ page: "HIIT the Beach, Sunrise Routine and Sunset stretch are great for a few times a week and the other body part routines are great 2 times per week!"

I mentioned this in our check-in, I didn't see a printable for Ibiza Yoga.
Thanks- they must not have done a printable this time.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach babe, beach babes, karena and katrina, tiu, tone it up