Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-13, 02:03 PM  
JulieIL

Patti- I could also tell that the rep had no idea that there were supposed to be more than the 4 DVDs that were pictured/described. I'm trying to remember if it was the picture or the description that mentioned 4 DVDs?

I don't want to be a complainer, but this really bums me out. I am unsure if I should just "Return to Sender" when they arrive, or pay to have them mailed back. I'm hoping to be able to return them without paying for shipping both ways.

I guess it's buyer beware, but this price seemed consistent with the previous $45 offer for the 1.1s (which really was 4 DVDs). It didn't seem like a too-good-to-be-true deal (especially when gilt is a discount deal site, & $135 would price these 50% higher, or 1 1/2 times more, than the $90 regular price).

Between the Dream Body Fitnessfly preorder that fell apart & this, I'm beginning to seriously question where to buy DVDs. I also unknowingly bought some bootleg Physique 57 UNOPENED DVDs from ebay. I realize it's ebay, but thought I was safe because they were unopened & not as well known as, say a Beachbody item that is frequently counterfeited. I have previously only directly asked the seller if they were authentic originals when they were used/opened. Unfortunately, it was over 45 days ago, so I think I'm out of luck.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 02:19 PM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
The email response was....not good. I was told that on the order page that there were only 4 dvds listed and they helpfully provided a screen shot!
So I called and spoke to 1st a guy in customer service who I completely confused about months 7-12 and then escalated it to a customer service manager, who I think I also confused. Darn Tracy and her 1.1.1's, 1.1.2's! Gilt has NO IDEA that there are supposed to be 12 dvds.

At any rate, the manager said she would have the Gilt people speak with the TA people and hopefully straighten this out. And if it can't be straightened out then I should be able to return this 4 dvds and get a refund.

Lesson learned, only order through Amazon, QVC, or Mary!!!!!
Very interesting. I would think that even if Gilt didn't know there would be 12 DVDs, someone would have figured it out when Tracy's company shipped them 12 DVDs for each order...
Old 02-01-13, 03:48 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda KH View Post
Very interesting. I would think that even if Gilt didn't know there would be 12 DVDs, someone would have figured it out when Tracy's company shipped them 12 DVDs for each order...
Has it been confirmed that Tracy's company did in fact send 12 DVDs for each order? (When I was considering ordering I was worried about the discrepancy between the description and the picture - in the end I didn't order because they didn't ship to Canada.)

Too bad if this doesn't work out - this was a great deal!

eta: Whoops - I just saw Bella's entry about being told she should be getting 10 DVDs.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 02-01-13 at 04:06 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 03:56 PM  
JulieIL

Quote:
Yes, even the response that Bella got regarding 10 DVDs (9MS & 1 cardio) doesn't really make sense. I'm wondering if they were somehow incorrectly listed. I would have been leery if gilt weren't a discount deal site (many items half off, or even more).

I'm disappointed & bummed if this doesn't pan out, & I'm seriously considering filing a credit card dispute for shipping charges (the gilt site states that return shipping labels are $9.99). Added to the cost to ship to me, this would be $17-$18 for absolutely nothing. I understood the Dream Body Fitnessfly cancellation, but eating $17 would just be too irritating.

Here's hoping Mary sells Continuity at some point.

Julie
Old 02-01-13, 04:06 PM  
bella121

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
Yes, even the response that Bella got regarding 10 DVDs (9MS & 1 cardio) doesn't really make sense. I'm wondering if they were somehow incorrectly
listed. I would have been leery if gilt weren't a discount deal site (many items
half off, or even more).

I'm disappointed & bummed if this doesn't pan out, but I'm seriously considering filing a credit card dispute for shipping charges (gilt days that return shipping labels are $9.99). Added to the cost to ship to me, this would be $17-$18 for absolutely nothing. I understood the Dream Body Fitnessfly cancellation, but eating $17 would just be too irritating.

Here's hoping Mary sells Continuity at some point.

Julie
I'm so frustrated and I haven't even gotten mine yet. They should either pay for us to ship back, or make good on the deal and get the remaining DVDs and send them to us. This is fraud.
bella121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 04:14 PM  
JulieIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella121 View Post
I'm so frustrated and I haven't even gotten mine yet. They should either pay for us to ship back, or make good on the deal and get the remaining DVDs and send them to us. This is fraud.
Agree!
Old 02-01-13, 04:18 PM  
Stephanie_B

I posted on their facebook page. In the past with companies I have gotten a response MUCH quicker than just complaining to them. It's amazing what a little bad publicity will accomplish as far as getting customer service to expedite things and fix it properly.

ETA: Weird my post disappeared within 2 minutes. Posted a SECOND time.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 04:20 PM  
bella121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I posted on their facebook page. In the past with companies I have gotten a response MUCH quicker than just complaining to them. It's amazing what a little bad publicity will accomplish as far as getting customer service to expedite things and fix it properly.

ETA: Weird my post disappeared within 2 minutes. Posted a SECOND time.
Hmmmmm very "weird". I will post on there too.
bella121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 04:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Stephanie,

I still see your second post on FB. I will do the same when I receive my order. Ugh!! They could show the website page that shows four DVDs. But the page and our e-mail order also states that we are supposed to get Months 4-12. Also the web page states that the DVDs are worth over $200. Getting only three months of DVDs is only worth $90. Who wants to pay 150% more for their order on a discount site?

Helen
Old 02-01-13, 05:26 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm guessing Tracy's company only sent Gilt Months 4-6, so that's what Gilt sent out?

Tags
continuity, gilt, tracy anderson