Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-07, 06:55 PM  
cheekster

I recently turned thirty, and have finally transitioned out of the "I'm indestructable, have boundless energy, and must do insane amounts of cardio all the time" mentality. It's so inspiring to see how a balanced approach to fitness has paid off for these women. Plastic surgery or no, you can't buy that kind of energy, or arm definition!
Old 07-08-07, 08:51 PM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara W
They look amazing! I remember Judi Sheppard Missett from PM Magazine in the 80's (Judi's Jazzercise), of course I am probably the only one on VF who remembers that. Anyway they look great! Thanks for sharing.
I'm so glad you mentioned this!! Not only do I remember it, I started regularly working out around 1984-85 with another wonderful woman of the fitness world, Charlene Prickett (anyone remember "It Figures" on Lifetime?). That gave me the confidence to start attending Jazzercise classes (which I learned about from PM Mag.), which were a wealth of information on fitness and healthy living. And that lead to Judi's videos, which lead to uh, well, more videos and vf!

To paraphrase a song, "Here's to the ladies who lunge...aren't they the best?"

Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 10:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Karen Voight is also in her 50s--52 now, I think.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 12:11 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

They are all great and an inspiration.

Don't get demotivated by them, it's their profession and almost every instructor mentioned in this thread has obvious plastic surgery. Don't know about prickett. I'm not aging well, I actually look older than I am (I'm 46 look in my 50s), oh well. I wish I had a lot of extra money and time... but don't- and honestly I doubt my life would be better. I also think many of them have gotten better with age.

I love instructors of all ages, but right now, it seems that the 20somethings aren't represented at all in the fitness video industry. I wonder why not?
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 12:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO
I love instructors of all ages, but right now, it seems that the 20somethings aren't represented at all in the fitness video industry. I wonder why not?
Someone needs to make a fitness video where the exerciser doesn't have to stop text messaging or unglue the cell phone from their ear to work out.

Hmmm, sounds like a job for... Alta-Tude.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 12:46 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

These women are so inspiring!! I am glad to hear that Kathy Smith is comming out with new workouts! I have recently re-discovered Karen Voight and I am really enjoying her workouts right now! I really believe that exercise is the true "foutain of youth". It makes me feel great and motivates me to eat right and take care of myself, which overflows to the entire family! Great for everyone!!!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 11:27 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

We recently saw some old family videos, and maybe it was the bad hair or something, I don't know, but I think all of my aunts look MUCH more attractive now. I think there is a confidence that comes with age, too---one of my aunts went back to school, joined a gym etc. and she has money now to buy nice clothes and good haircuts. So maybe that is part of it. But I think she looks better at 55 than she did at 30!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 12:49 AM  
jocelynthepink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorianne
I know! she looks like Kathy Smith's sister!
No kidding ... I kept looking around the page for the picture of Judi and wondered why they posted two of Kathy instead!
jocelynthepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 01:31 AM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynthepink
No kidding ... I kept looking around the page for the picture of Judi and wondered why they posted two of Kathy instead!
However, take a look at this current photo of Judi Sheppard Missett. I would have never recognized her.

http://www.jazzercise.com/pdfs/judi_photobio.pdf
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 09:58 AM  
F1mom

Denise Austin is in her 50s????

I don't know why I thought she was in her late 30s still.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote