Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-22, 12:30 PM  
kat999

YogaBody programs, particularly Science of Stretching?

I have been getting a lot of ads for YogaBody's programs, particularly Science of Stretching, which is a 30-day program for a one-time fee of about $40 where you do guided stretching for 15 minutes a day designed to dramatically increase flexibility that isn't often covered by just regular yoga. I have noticed I am not as flexibility as I used to be and that I think my running speed and various other fitness modalities are suffering as a result. Has anyone tried this program or similar? There are some free YT programs that do seem designed the same way, but I often find their production values lacking and the YB guy seems to know what he's doing. For lifetime access and download ability, it seems like a good deal, but I'm just curious what others think.
Old 07-03-22, 03:14 PM  
geojill

I got his hips program. I like it, and he talks you through the yin-style poses and will give a modification or get deeper into it. It would be a decent add-on. I don’t regret my purchase, but likely won’t use it often because I am kind of a high strung person and yoga provides me with a lot of mental benefits that I wouldn’t get with his program since it is more instructional. That being said, I would 100% use it for a duration here and there if my hips were really tight (as in my case I got the hips program or in your case, general flexibility). He’s good and knowledgeable and I do have a couple of friends that also like his stretching.

Because I do yoga programs for flexibility and mental health, I wouldn’t use it as much. If I were doing other exercise programs and wanted to increase my flexibility, I think his programs are an awesome option, especially since each video is only 15 minutes.
Old 07-03-22, 03:22 PM  
kat999

Thanks, Jill! This is super helpful. Can I also ask what format(s) the program comes in and what you play it on?
Old 07-03-22, 06:35 PM  
Bluebelle

I've seen ads for this stretching program too and have been considering it. If you get it, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I've watched a few of the youtube videos for YogaBody and they seem really good.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 09:00 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Thanks, Jill! This is super helpful. Can I also ask what format(s) the program comes in and what you play it on?
You get an email with a link for an app. Your programs are run during certain dates and times and you can hop on the app and take the class at the same time as everyone else in the program (he is in Spain, so it’s early-ish in Colorado) and you can also participate in Q&A. The class & Q&A are recorded for future access. The time and format simply didn’t work for me, so I accessed previous classes using a link I got in an email (browser link, not the link for the app). It works for me. I personally would not have participated in the Q&A anyway, so I don’t feel like I missed out by following the previous class. I still get the same great instruction.

Like all my workouts that are from apps or YouTube, I play on my phone and plug my phone into my tv to see it on a larger screen.
Old 07-04-22, 10:42 AM  
kat999

Great! That's super helpful. Thanks!

Tags
yogabody