Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-21, 12:54 PM  
wendug

If your body can take multiple workouts in a day, go for it. When I was younger I could do a workout in the am & pm and be fine. Nowadays it is just too much for my body. Just listen to your body so you don't injure yourself.
Old 12-16-21, 01:20 PM  
sherry7899

I don't do a formal "change into workout clothes" second workout. Some days I will take a 15-30 minute walk in addition to my morning workout and do a short yoga/stretch before bed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 04:18 PM  
imhere2dance

I've always done multiple workouts daily and I've posted about it a lot. In fact, the last post I made broke down my current routine. I'm not someone who has ever done "hard" workouts, though, because that's my preference. Even though I like a few KCM workouts, I use 3 pounds the entire time while she and the crew switch between different weights. I might have to change to just one long (60-90 minutes) daily session in the near future. I'm starting to feel things more these days. It could be overuse, it could be my posture is slightly off - maybe it's both. But I do think your plan sounds reasonable and it's worth trying.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 06:53 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Even though I like a few KCM workouts, I use 3 pounds the entire time while she and the crew switch between different weights.
Why did I never think of this idea before ?? Hmmm... may have to try it!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 07:08 AM  
Rhonda

My main longer workout is in the morning before work. Usually 45-60 minutes with a short stretch

Evenings I like to do a 10-15 minute yoga/stretch to just keep the body flexible and from getting too tight. Sometimes I may go longer but I find my mind wanders too much if I go too long. I am also trying, and I mean trying to do a meditation for 5 minutes (I use Peloton) as this is hard as my mind like to wander but I find when I do it I feel good.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 02:24 PM  
Karla25

I’m over 60 and usually do 2-4 workouts most days. It helps me with strength, mobility and pain relief. In the morning I will do a short 20-minute Classical Stretch (CS) followed by gentle yoga for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I will only do a 30-minute or an hour long CS in the morning. I used to do walking with Leslie or Jessica followed by CS. But have discovered that I’m getting rid of hip/knee pain by skipping the morning walks. I might go back to them someday.

In the evening, I will do a harder workout followed by more athletic stretching, restorative, or yin yoga. I’m very flexible in what type of workouts I do and it usually depends on how my body feels that day. I try to incorporate workouts for strength, cardio, flexibility and stress relief. I want to enjoy what I am doing
Old 12-17-21, 04:38 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I’m over 60 and usually do 2-4 workouts most days. It helps me with strength, mobility and pain relief. In the morning I will do a short 20-minute Classical Stretch (CS) followed by gentle yoga for about 20 minutes. Sometimes I will only do a 30-minute or an hour long CS in the morning. I used to do walking with Leslie or Jessica followed by CS. But have discovered that I’m getting rid of hip/knee pain by skipping the morning walks. I might go back to them someday.

In the evening, I will do a harder workout followed by more athletic stretching, restorative, or yin yoga. I’m very flexible in what type of workouts I do and it usually depends on how my body feels that day. I try to incorporate workouts for strength, cardio, flexibility and stress relief. I want to enjoy what I am doing
I'm 65 and only working part-time now. It's helpful to hear how other people my age are fitting in movement/activity. Since I don't walk back & forth to the train station, back & forth to the office, back & forth to lunch break, I find myself sitting way-more than I want; but yet, I can't do several "workouts". (Likewise, indoor walking bothers my knees & hips; but I do get outdoors for a walk once a day.)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple workouts per day, neat, sparks