Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-09, 09:46 AM  
kietsufit

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie8 View Post
If you're doing this daily, what type of rotation do you use so you don't overtrain your muscles?

I would love to do bar 5 days a week but have only been doing 3 1-hour full body bar wo's (P-57, bar method...)

Ann
Just throwing my 2 cents in on this question...barre work can be done pretty much everyday. When I trained in my younger days and now that my daughter trains with a very well known company - it is a 5 day a week thing. I would vary the actual workout as to not get bored.

Ana
kietsufit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 11:16 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
If you're doing this daily, what type of rotation do you use so you don't overtrain your muscles?

I would love to do bar 5 days a week but have only been doing 3 1-hour full body bar wo's (P-57, bar method...)

Ann
Thanks for asking this Ann, this is exactly what I was going to ask.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 01:19 PM  
traceym1

HI ,
I am new here. What is the difference between tuck butt and curl from the core?
Thanks
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 05:21 AM  
mrs lightyear

Quote:

Ann
Hi Ann

I would work on different muscles from the muscles I worked the day before. For example, yesterday I did p57 and stopped after the seat work. Today I will do the ab work from super callanetics. Tomorrow High rounded assets, Tuesday the thigh work from core fusion pilates plus. This also keeps the workouts shorter and reduces the dread factor for me

I am utilising power squeeze a lot from the original squeeze which covers pretty much all body parts in a very short time. I often stop before the abs and do ab work the next day.

Get creative with the dvds you have. It means you can use your many barres and cure any exercise ADD you may get :wink:

I hope this helps
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 07:27 AM  
breagettingfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
HI ,
I am new here. What is the difference between tuck butt and curl from the core?
Thanks
Tracey
"Tuck butt" refers to a pelvic tilt, which comes from your hips. If you curl from the core, you're also engaging your ab muscles moreso than your hip flexors. I hope that helps! I absolutely LOVE barre workouts. This month I'm doing a Physique 57/Tracy Anderson Mat rotation with Essentrics thrown in for extra bonus toning every day. So far so good!!

For those of you that were wondering about Pershing Square...I did not think that they were as difficult as the first Pure Barre workout, although the lighting is better. I reviewed both workouts on my blog...

Brea
www.breagettingfit.com
breagettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stairs