Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-19, 01:57 PM  
msu

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I had all the Ballet Body downloads already, too. I think the Iron Barre ones are really different. A few of them are more Ballet Body style but with a band added, but most have weights, or the bodyweight work will include pull-ups or work with a bench, things that aren’t done in BB. She has been consistent with one new workout per week and it’s been about a year. I think she still has a free trial.

I think Ballet Body is very very different from Pilates. BB is closer to Physique 57-style Barre with more large movements, though different still from that. Maybe the upper body weight work with light weights and some of the core work are Pilates-inspired; I tend to not do the weighted upper body BB segments as often.

Pilates by Lisa is “easier” than much of Ballet Body, though I don’t know if that is fair, because they are so different and Pilates is challenging in a different way. Lisa does a lot from classical Mat, but tends to do more reps than is typically prescribed in Pilates. There are a bunch of classic intermediate to advanced Pilates mat exercises she never includes (full teaser, boomerang, leg pull, seal, rocker, jackknife, corkscrew).
For lower body mat work, her workouts include a lot of exercises that aren’t Pilates mat but are either derived from Pilates Reformer work or traditional calisthenics, and are definitely challenging in their own way. She only has a couple of standing workouts (that aren’t only upper body) and they are not much like BB. I probably use Lisa’s segments for lower body and back/prone work the most. They are great as add-on’s. I also frequently string together a few less strenuous segments and stretches for a recovery day.
Thank you for such a thorough response! That really helps!
msu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit, streaming, streaming services, streaming workouts