Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-15, 08:28 AM  
momofcha

Hidden Gem in Tracie Long Stronger Longer

All I can say is "wow." It was perfect! I love to lift heavy and the pace she went at allowed me to do so. You certainly don't have to lift heavy, but you can. She had strength alternated with some light cardio. The "gem" so to speak, for me anyway, was the joint mobility/stretching work she included. In her intro, she basically described me, and I'm right about her age and couldn't agree more with how she feels so I just can't say enough about how awesome this workout was. I lifted heavy, and then I stretched and sitting here now - I feel amazing. I'm not taxed, drained, but energized and empowered.

I did Vol 2 and I can't wait to do Vol 1 on Friday. I also saw on FB that she indicated a Vol 3 is in the works. Has anyone else heard more info?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 09:32 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

The 'Stronger Longer' workouts are a couple of my favorites as well. Really good workouts, great instruction, good weight workouts, and good mobility work.
These are some of my favorites along with the reboots and most of the longevity series. If she puts out a volume 3 I would certainly get that one as well.
Old 04-08-15, 10:09 AM  
bubbles76

Okay, if she puts out a Volume 3 I am breaking my no buy. I didn't even do that for Cathe . Loved Stronger Longer 2. The long warm up and mobility work are fantastic!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 11:37 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sounds good, Sue! I am definitely interested in Volume 2, but Volume 1 had a bunch of moves that I am not fond of, so I will probably hold off on that, but will definitely read your feedback when you have it. Thanks!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 12:22 PM  
bzbnmom

Oh my gosh, you guys are tempting me to the max! I ordered a lot from Mary yesterday and although I have all the Stronger Longers and Reboots HIGH on my wishlist, I didn't order any of them.

Do you think they'll be on sale for the July 4th sale? (Or do I cave and sneak in another order by Friday?)
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 12:37 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one already thinking about the July 4th sale!
Old 04-08-15, 01:15 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had eliminated these workouts because it looked like they had a lot of moves that I can't do, mainly moves supported on the hands and/or on the knees. It's hard to tell from the clips, but that's what I saw. Do either of these have a minimal number of moves like these?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 01:17 PM  
LoveVA

Oh good grief. Now I'm thinking about these again. I had considered them and then decided not to get them. Now my interest is piqued.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 01:36 PM  
gladgirl

Wow...these sound great.
Does she recommend doing these 2-3 x wkly or is this something like the older FIRMS where you use lighter weights one day and up the weight the next? Is it meant to alternate with V2? Like Tortoise and Hare?

Not sure how I missed these, but thank you for bringing these up!
I love workouts where I feel worked out but not drained.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 02:11 PM  
TinaT

So tempting. I've been slowly getting all of Tracie's work back into my collection, but don't have these yet. I hear Mary has them on sale during her April Sale. Might go over an check them out.

ETA: How old is Tracie?

CR*P! I caved and ordered them along with Leaning Out and Defined Lines. She has a good sale going on btw.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old thread alert, stronger longer, stronger longer workouts, tracie long