Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-15, 10:18 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
[B]

From Bettie Page Fitness:

Total Body Strength & Cardio $15.00
Please post your thoughts! I wish there was a clip. The photo looks campy and fun.

I purchased the Pure Barre Flex and Results bundle, a couple Jessica Smith walk workouts for two friends, and Tracie Long reacquires. I did the first Pure Barre Flex workout and liked it.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 06:04 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I missed out on the sales as I was out-of-town.
I will catch up next year.
My last fitness purchase was in August.
Something is so wrong with me. And it shows in my abs .
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 09:39 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
A Smart TV has certain apps built in like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. Paid streaming sites are different and require Apple TV, HDMI cable, etc.
It depends on the TV; my Smart TV has a regular browser so I think it would work with paid sites, though I also think doing the login & navigation would be a pain. I'm guessing, because that isn't the TV I use to work out ... the TV in my workout room is NOT smart so I use AppleTV in there.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 09:53 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It depends on the TV; my Smart TV has a regular browser so I think it would work with paid sites, though I also think doing the login & navigation would be a pain. I'm guessing, because that isn't the TV I use to work out ... the TV in my workout room is NOT smart so I use AppleTV in there.
Hmm, I don't see that option on mine but it may be there. I will get my techies, i.e. teenagers, looking into that. Thanks!
Old 12-07-15, 12:30 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
From Amazon, an Instant Pot for $79 which I hope will help with our nutritional goals.
I bought one, too. I really like it so far!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 02:40 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

From Mary, I bought Jennee's Ballet Blast, Ellen's Stretch Sculpt, Firm Classics 1 & 2, and Firm 5 Day Stretch. I'm slowly trying to replace my Firm Classic VHS to DVDs. Yes, I know I'm behind in fitness technology but my videos were working and I wanted to spend money on new DVDs. So, I'll be waiting for Mary's big sales to get the rest of the Firm Classics (Vol. 3-6).

Then, I saw the GD thread on Paul's 4x4 set so I placed another order from Mary. $50 is a good price and the clip looked good. I also bought Tonique Whipped even though it's not on sale. I think the only other fitness DVDs that I bought were the Blissology set which was on sale for $25. I did buy a new hard drive so that I can store more fitness downloads.
Old 12-07-15, 02:57 PM  
clerkin11

I hit the Reebok 50% off sale and got workout sneakers, casual walking sneakers and some footies with a strap and grip on the bottom for doing yoga or barre3 workouts.
I also got the Tone it Up Beach Babe 1 download - it was on sale and I like the looks of the beach setting.
And makeup - I visited the Ulta site a few times.
Oh and a cord so I can connect my laptop directly to my tv - to make it easier to do my downloaded workouts - instead of burning them to dvd.
And I bought other things from amazon and ulta that are gifts for other people.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 05:17 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'd never tried any Stephanie Levinson workouts before, so I loaded up on a few of hers. I then liked them so much that I found used ones on Amazon and now have them all ordered!

Most are 30 mins (but if you have time you can do the entire DVDs) and pair really well with my Tracie Long workouts that I can't stop doing. They have a real cardio effect for me; they are a bit of impact, but it's doable impact and not the kind of intense impact that I can't do anymore. I like these because she doesn't rep you to death or boredom and just keeps moving, squeezing everything into 25-30 mins. Plus she doesn't use heavy weights, just a 5 lb dumbbell. I like that I don't have to get a ton of equipment out and after 30 mins, I feel done.

She seems really nice and very motivating. I hope she puts more out!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pink fitness, smart tv, streaming, technology, yoga wheel gadget