Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-15, 10:20 AM  
gigithesheltie

So this is available today. Has anyone tried it out yet? I do LOVE me some Travis, but I am wondering how much content he has initially.
gigithesheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 11:58 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson View Post
Backing up a bit earlier - Several Yogis have their classes at the Power Yoga studio that Bryan Kest runs offered on the http://PowerYoga.com web-site. Udaya appeared with their professionally shot productions from Bulgaria soon after and Travis was in that 'freshman' class of instructors.

I think Jeff Beaudoin was either in the freshman or sophomore year of the annual trips to Bulguaria for Udaya's blitz filming schedule. I saw somewhere else that Jeff gave an interview where his views of group yoga studios and on-line services like PowerYoga/Udaya and others are creating a culture that he is turned off in participating.

I wish Travis well and hopefully this venture is majority controlled by him. I know he continues to offer practices you may purchase/suggested donation on his self-named website. http://traviseliot.com web-site. Yet, I'm sure the production costs and web-hosting fees were probably either absorbed as a 'love of the practice' or break-even expense.

Change in Travis personal live this last year has also happened. Married again (or in the process) and working on a Kirtan inspired album all while being a father to his son from his first marriage/relationship.

I would tend to agree that I would like to see a steady track-record of content before I plunk down $10 a month for another streaming site.

-JS-
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Udaya and use it weekly for sure.
I also subscribe to Kest's Power Yoga - it is FAB and Bryan rocks! (and Rudy Mettia has a few practices on there also.

I subscribed to Yoga Collective thinking it would have more Travis offerings. I rarely use it and will not renew.

I would possibly subscribe to a Travis only site.

Also thinking of Yoga Works (Vytas B from Udaya fame). I love his Yoga!
https://www.myyogaworks.com/videos#/Vytas-Baskauskas

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 12:35 PM  
Travelmug

I think I'll just wait for the Groupon.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 12:47 PM  
katmom

I love Udaya and still use it regularly. I took advantage of the Groupon for The Yoga Collective, however, I have never used it as much as Udaya. Then I took advantage of the Groupon for My Yoga Works. I only recently activated it, however, I have been enjoying it. It was more expensive than the one for Yoga Collective, however, I am not regretting it so far.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/myyogaworks-com-2
Old 07-15-15, 04:17 PM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I hope this streaming site is as awesome as Travis is! I have high hopes for this.
Me too!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:16 PM  
mtngoat

If anyone subscribes, please post your impressions! On Facebook he mentioned that starting mid-August, new content would be added weekly.

I'm injured now, but would like to subscribe eventually. I sure wish the site accepted PayPal.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:28 PM  
jhsimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I sure wish the site accepted PayPal.
Haven't signed up but I was poking around the main site trying to understand their service. Came across this PRICING page that explains that the Profile Owner can charge their fee for their content and CONNECTPAL tacks on their service fee for processing and site fees. Doing the math it appears that 9.99 is actually 9.99+1.99 = 11.98 (and possibly any state taxes).

Yikes!

https://www.connectpal.com/pricing
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:31 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I love Udaya and still use it regularly. I took advantage of the Groupon for The Yoga Collective, however, I have never used it as much as Udaya. Then I took advantage of the Groupon for My Yoga Works. I only recently activated it, however, I have been enjoying it. It was more expensive than the one for Yoga Collective, however, I am not regretting it so far.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/myyogaworks-com-2
Thank you for posting this! I bought a 6 month membership and had a $10 Groupon coupon, so it was $25. Can't wait to try it, but I still have Yoga Collective and I don't know if I can give up Udaya!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 08:56 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson View Post
Haven't signed up but I was poking around the main site trying to understand their service. Came across this PRICING page that explains that the Profile Owner can charge their fee for their content and CONNECTPAL tacks on their service fee for processing and site fees. Doing the math it appears that 9.99 is actually 9.99+1.99 = 11.98 (and possibly any state taxes).

Yikes!

https://www.connectpal.com/pricing
Uggh. I wonder if the 9.99 already includes the fee (eg. if Travis only gets $8). If the fee is to be added to the 9.99, that should be stated clearly up front!

I also have to add on more than 25% exchange rate (falling Loonie) - this doesn't end up being so affordable!

I do love Travis, though. So does my DH - before I got injured we were doing almost daily practices. Whenever I commented I liked another instructor, he'd always comment that he likes Travis, LOL.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 09:05 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Thank you for posting this! I bought a 6 month membership and had a $10 Groupon coupon, so it was $25. Can't wait to try it, but I still have Yoga Collective and I don't know if I can give up Udaya!
You are welcome! Since there were a fair number of Vytas and Calvin practices, I jumped on the $65 deal.

Tags
streaming, travis eliot, yoga