Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-14, 08:08 AM  
Jewels5

T-Tapp for improving posture?

I need help improving my posture and keep reading how beneficial T-Tapp is. Can you please advise on where to start? I am overwhelmed by the choices on the website! I enjoy Pilates, barre, and low impact cardio.

Thanks!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:44 AM  
Demeris

YES, yes, yes, yes.

Everything I know about good posture I learned from Teresa Tapp.

Good videos for posture:

Broom. The 30 mins warm up is one long posture tutorial. The 15 mins warm up is also quite good for teaching good posture.

Senior Fit video has excellent form tips for posture. I go back to the instructional segments on this one regularly.

Another good investment is the Basic +. It's shorter than the others, but it has all the fundamentals, which require good posture.

I have good form in barre workouts because I do t-tapp
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:54 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
YES, yes, yes, yes.

Everything I know about good posture I learned from Teresa Tapp.

Good videos for posture:

Broom. The 30 mins warm up is one long posture tutorial. The 15 mins warm up is also quite good for teaching good posture.

Senior Fit video has excellent form tips for posture. I go back to the instructional segments on this one regularly.

Another good investment is the Basic +. It's shorter than the others, but it has all the fundamentals, which require good posture.

I have good form in barre workouts because I do t-tapp
Thanks Demeris! Are there actual strengthening exercises for posture, or just form pointers? That's good to know it's helped you with barre workouts! I'm always trying to be conscious of my posture when doing those.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Old 01-02-14, 09:17 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
Thanks Demeris! Are there actual strengthening exercises for posture, or just form pointers? That's good to know it's helped you with barre workouts! I'm always trying to be conscious of my posture when doing those.
All three of these videos stretch and strengthen all the back muscles (and elsewhere) related to posture.

PS, I think of Broom as my personal fountain of yoot.
Old 01-02-14, 09:24 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
All three of these videos stretch and strengthen all the back muscles (and elsewhere) related to posture.

PS, I think of Broom as my personal fountain of yoot.
That is exactly what I wanted to know; thanks! These are expensive. Would one of these suffice for starting out, say the Broom one?

Old 01-02-14, 10:28 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

I haven't done T-Tapp in over a decade and therefore cannot recommend any workouts, however, I can confirm that while T-Tapp did not help in inch-loss, it did help with my posture ....... after doing T-Tapp I noted that I was standing a full inch taller.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:23 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
That is exactly what I wanted to know; thanks! These are expensive. Would one of these suffice for starting out, say the Broom one?
Broom is great for starting out. It has two warm ups and two walking segments and a walking tutorial. You can use them alone, together, as add-ons to something else--very versatile little dvd.
Old 01-02-14, 11:03 PM  
marya

A word of caution: I seriously aggravated a shoulder problem I didn't know I had doing the Broom workout on T-Tapp More and following Teresa's instructions (also in More) for using a towel in the Primary Back Stretch move. Teresa Tapp is EXTREMELY flexible, and looking at her demonstrations now, it seems to me she is hyperextending in the moves that injured me.

I still love the More workout but don't twist my arms as much as Teresa instructs. I use the modification she gives in T-Tapp Superslow--no twisting, no towel, just arms at the sides--and I never do the Broom workout. My shoulder joints can't accommodate the prolonged strain.

However, in fairness, I've read of only two other persons who had severe shoulder impairment from T-Tapp, and in my case there was pre-existing damage of which I was unaware. And all T-Tapp workouts have excellent postural benefits; you'll feel like you've grown an inch or two!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
posture, t-tapp