Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-13, 12:57 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Why did you change your post? I need to do the original again as well. I finally worked out after a little rest so I did Fusion. It was perfect!
I wasn't finished and accidentally submit. I am on my phone typing (vacation) so was feeling lazy.

It was a lot easier doing the original. Especially the mtn climbers to warrior 3 at the stsrt. My balance and endurance have really improved. Inner thighs with the ball was still killer!
It is still tough but I am way better at it now. Also, I did not give out at the end where she is doing burpees. I still had stamina. Sometimes before (usually lol) I would quit there.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 09:25 AM  
furmomof6

I did Barre again this morning. I haven't done this one in a while (love/hate, lol). It was easier though (dare I say!??) I still can't hold weights during the barre section, but I was able to stay in releve (sp?) the whole time and I kept up with most of the reps! My calves were burning from releve and I felt the extra burn in my butt. I forgot how much of an arm/oblique/butt burner this one is!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 09:38 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I did Barre again this morning. I haven't done this one in a while (love/hate, lol). It was easier though (dare I say!??) I still can't hold weights during the barre section, but I was able to stay in releve (sp?) the whole time and I kept up with most of the reps! My calves were burning from releve and I felt the extra burn in my butt. I forgot how much of an arm/oblique/butt burner this one is!!
Awesome! I did Fusion Mix on Monday - I'm still sore!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 01:24 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I did Barre last night. I hadn't done any of the workouts for a couple weeks due to time constraints, but I still felt it wasn't as fast as the first time I did it, and I was able to hold the weights through almost the entire arm section. I breathe a sigh of relief when she finally tells us to place the ball between our legs because that section feels like a nice long break! Tonight I'm doing Tonique Premier. Love mixing the two!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 01:56 PM  
Pixiequeen

I thought that I was a pretty advanced exerciser, but these workouts are killer. I've done all but the tabata and I must say I bow to anyone who can get thru these without a break.
I have read thru the previous post and I'm wondering now that everyone has been working with these for a while do you have any pointers? Also how many calories do people generally burn (I know it's relative)?
I don't have a heart rate monitor yet but I'm thinking of getting one just to see how many calories I'm burning. I must admit I found myself cussing these poor girls out quite a few times
Pixiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 02:54 PM  
edensmom

I burn between 250-350 per workout.
One thing that has helped me is using yoga blocks on some on the moves. That and going at your own pace + STICKING WITH IT.
Old 02-28-13, 05:08 PM  
darbyndoug

I've been curious about these... they look very tough! Just wondering if my low back would complain too much with what appears to be so many level changes in the clips I did view. For those that are doing these, any feedback on this?
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 07:31 PM  
edensmom

I did Barre today too. FWIW according to my HRM I burned 240 in 45 mins, skipping the abs as I followed this workout up with Hipcentric. My workout was interrupted due to my two youngest girls fighting during the first half which is the calorie burning half! My HR came down and I couldn't focus on keeping the intensity up at some points. So that brought it down some but this workout isn't the biggest calorie burner of the set. (For reference on Friday I burned 320 doing the original at full intensity.)

I agree the pace seems much more reasonable after few times through. Now I know what is coming so I don't waste so much time rewinding, watching a few reps of certain exercises, etc. Plus it is easier to push through tough parts when you have an idea when it will end! Also as I have already mentioned, I am getting better at the workouts themselves. For example, today during the down dog-into pushup move (where you lunge your leg forward while executing the push up), the last few times I did this one I really just focused on getting my foot *near* my hand, lol. Today my foot was right next to my hand. Yay!

Another tip I have for anyone wondering (which Francie advises in Tabata and Toning) is I always start with the advanced move if I can, and if I need to modify, I do it for a rep or two, then go back to the advanced move, even if I need to keep switching back and forth every few reps. It has really helped me build up.

My shoulders are still burning! Even with using 1 lb weights throughout I was definitely worked. Front, side, and rear. The first segment feels tougher than the second but now that I know the workout I am really able to focus on the moves in the "barre" part and it is a butt and hip burner! Definitely NOT easy.

I am still very pleased with these.
Old 02-28-13, 07:48 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I did Barre today too. FWIW according to my HRM I burned 240 in 45 mins, skipping the abs as I followed this workout up with Hipcentric. My workout was interrupted due to my two youngest girls fighting during the first half which is the calorie burning half! My HR came down and I couldn't focus on keeping the intensity up at some points. So that brought it down some but this workout isn't the biggest calorie burner of the set. (For reference on Friday I burned 320 doing the original at full intensity.)

I agree the pace seems much more reasonable after few times through. Now I know what is coming so I don't waste so much time rewinding, watching a few reps of certain exercises, etc. Plus it is easier to push through tough parts when you have an idea when it will end! Also as I have already mentioned, I am getting better at the workouts themselves. For example, today during the down dog-into pushup move (where you lunge your leg forward while executing the push up), the last few times I did this one I really just focused on getting my foot *near* my hand, lol. Today my foot was right next to my hand. Yay!

Another tip I have for anyone wondering (which Francie advises in Tabata and Toning) is I always start with the advanced move if I can, and if I need to modify, I do it for a rep or two, then go back to the advanced move, even if I need to keep switching back and forth every few reps. It has really helped me build up.

My shoulders are still burning! Even with using 1 lb weights throughout I was definitely worked. Front, side, and rear. The first segment feels tougher than the second but now that I know the workout I am really able to focus on the moves in the "barre" part and it is a butt and hip burner! Definitely NOT easy.

I am still very pleased with these.
Great post!

ETA: I burned a little over 300 with this one today.

darbyndoug: What do you mean by level changes (the intensity)? These haven't bothered my back at all.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 09:16 PM  
darbyndoug

level changes means switching from standing work to plank or floor quickly in the workout... sometimes my back really feels it!
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darby brender, dream body, dream body fusion, scratched dvds