Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-13, 11:03 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

What are the Most Intense 30 Minute Workouts?

Dear All -

I was wondering if you could help me out. My schedule has recently changed (for all fantastic reasons) and I have significantly less time to work out some days. I was wondering if you could make suggestions for the toughest 30 minute workouts you can think of. I love long really tough workouts, and I know that I will not get the equivalent in 30 minutes, but I if I only have 30 minutes I want to do something tough - with little warm-up/cool down (maybe 2 minutes warm up and 2 minutes cool down). I will do more extended stretches when I have time. I want to get my heart rate up and sweat. If there are premixes you can think of, please let me know of those too. There are chances I have quite a few of these in my collection and am not thinking of them.

Thank you SO MUCH!
Old 03-03-13, 11:06 AM  
bearcatfan

I am currently liking Jillian's Body Revolution. I plan on doing JNL Fusion next. I have, but haven't done, the Weider XT set and Supreme 90, both of which clock in around 30 minutes a workout.

Oh, and there are single Jillian dvds that are in the 30 minute range as well.
Old 03-03-13, 11:08 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I would love to hear people's responses, too. The first ones that spring to mind for me are some of Cathe's 4 Day Split workouts, and the Physique 57 Thigh and Seat.

Another one I reach for when time is short is Tracy Long's Breakthrough. It's a 30 min. med. ball workout, 20 min. cardio and 10 min. abs. It wouldn't call it super intense, though...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 11:11 AM  
Diana3271

Are you looking for cardio, weight training, circuits?

Cardio:
LM Sports Attack
TF Hiit 30
KCM's 30 MTF Curcuit Burn Boxing/Cardio Premix

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 11:17 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks Everyone!

I am looking for any genre that gets the heart rate up and induces sweat - so cardio, circuits, and weights (though most likely there will be more of the first two). Not a ton of equipment cause I don't have that much time.

I have the Les Mills Sports from the Pump set on my wish list . . 4 Day Split though is one I didn't think of . . I traded it awhile ago . . maybe I should look into reacquiring it.

I also didn't think of the Weider set - I know the Total Body one in that is a tough one and it is, like, 20 something minutes.
Old 03-03-13, 11:26 AM  
edensmom

Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Bootcamp has 2 30 minute workouts- one circuit, one cardio- and an abs segment of about 7 to 10 mins. You will get your HR up. You will sweat.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 11:30 AM  
andtckrtoo

Of course there are the first three workouts of Insanity which clock in around 30 minutes if you skip the stretch.
Old 03-03-13, 11:31 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Of course there are the first three workouts of Insanity which clock in around 30 minutes if you skip the stretch.
Ah, if you skip the beginning stretch? Cool - for some reason I thought they were closer to 40 minutes.

Yes! Bikini Bootcamp - I love that one - I usually do it all together as a 75 minute workout though so I didn't think of it.
Old 03-03-13, 11:52 AM  
TX Michelle

I've been splitting the Peak Fit Challenge Cardio Strength Workouts. There's not really a warmup per se, the first round just doesn't have a peak. So, I do 1/2 of round 1, round 2, round 3 one day, then the other half of round 1, round 4, round 5 the next. I add the stretch and it clocks in at 30 minutes exactly. With 10 and 15 pound dumbbells, I am working hard throughout.
Old 03-03-13, 11:56 AM  
SquishyMommy

You could try Zuzanna's ZCut workouts. Most of those are under 30 minutes, so you could probably do 2 of them at a time if you wanted.

And I second the suggestion for JMBR. Those are all about 30 minutes and are a really good workout. If the Phase One workouts are aren't intensive enough you can always modify up and up your weights.

Tags
30 minutes