Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-13, 05:32 PM  
NotThatGirl

Ballet Beautiful does streaming workouts, so they aren't available for download. Once you pay for the workout (one of the Cardio Series, Mat & Toning, whatever) it's yours to stream as often as you like. They appear under your account information and you can stream them (the individual workout you paid for) to your iPhone, iPad, and computer. I don't know either why she doesn't offer them as downloads but I honestly hope she still offers the streaming as an option if they do ever become available that way. I haven't ever had a problem streaming them.

Even though it might seem a little off-putting at first compared to other streaming options available, personally, I think she is a better value than p57, barre3, and body by simone tv since she just charges you once (per workout) and doesn't require you to pay a monthly subscription to access the content/workout you paid for. The only real downside I can see is that there is no option to download for those without a solid internet connection.

Starbelly- They are most all $10 each but she did have some listed at an introductory price of $8 when they were first available. The first 4 videos I had purchased were all $8. She almost always has a 20% off coupon code when she adds new streaming workouts so that helps out a bit too.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 05:47 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I don't know either why she doesn't offer them as downloads but I honestly hope she still offers the streaming as an option if they do ever become available that way.
Just curious, why do you prefer streaming to downloads?

Well, the fact that you have unlimited access certainly makes $10 for a 15 min. workout a little easier to swallow!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 05:58 PM  
starbelly

Did Ballet Beautiful ever offer downloads? The site has been redesigned and clearly states streaming but I thought that they could be purchased before (or am I confusing it with Ballet Body?). I would prefer a download to a streaming workout since I could save it on my tablet and bring it wherever. That it is a streaming workout means that I won't bite-- yay! a small victory.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 06:35 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Just curious, why do you prefer streaming to downloads?

Well, the fact that you have unlimited access certainly makes $10 for a 15 min. workout a little easier to swallow!
To be perfectly honest it's because I have had my computer crash so many times and lost important files that I don't want to have to worry about a workout I like so much. We have an external hard drive we back photos and other important things onto but I hardly ever remember to do that or I go along thinking "oh I should do that before something goes wrong" until it happens and then I wished I'd have actually done it haha.

If I were more responsible about backing things up I would sit firmly in the download camp
Old 01-04-13, 06:38 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Did Ballet Beautiful ever offer downloads?

That it is a streaming workout means that I won't bite-- yay! a small victory.
I don't think it ever did to be honest.

I know what you mean about the small victory, I am always a little relieved when I find something out about a workout that is a deal breaker for me...I know I don't really need any more
Old 01-04-13, 07:12 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
That it is a streaming workout means that I won't bite-- yay! a small victory.
I agree! It totally demotivates me to try it out. Also, I'd probably spend the whole time watching lovely Mary Helen and never actually do the exercises because, quite frankly, they do look painfully boring.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 08:40 PM  
Harantwanders

Lol, I doubt if it is the future of the fitness business to charge a pricey fee for a small download you don't even get to keep.

I have some downloads that I bought and DO keep, but actually, I prefer just buying DVDs.

Tags
ballet beautiful, high cost, mary helen bowers, physique 57, prices, streaming, streaming workouts