Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-12, 03:59 PM  
chemicalemma

Pink Firms without the Transfirmer:
Total Body Time Crunch with Rebekah
Pump, Jump & Jab with Kelsie
Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn with Alison
Total Body Toner with Allie

BSS2 (with the Transfirmer) - Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily, Total Sculpt plus Abs with Jen, and Max Cardio Burn with Allie

But really, where it's at for me are the Classics. The look is a little dated, but the workouts themselves are their most effective. You can get most of them at Fitnessfavorites.com. My faves are:
Low Impact Aerobics (Vol. 2) with Janet Jones (no tall box)
The Tortoise and The Hare with Tracie Long (uses short and tall box)
Boomers (Vol 6) with Jayne Poteet (uses short and tall box)

If you like floorwork, you're going to want Body Sculpting Basics (Vol. 1) with Susan Harris. No box, but killer floorwork.
Old 06-03-12, 05:30 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Alright, I'm very late to the game with the FIRM workouts and so far I've only recently started with Super Body Sculpt [after reading about it here ] but I really enjoy it and think I need more! LOL
Since I like doing Leslie walks as well as kickboxing/Turbo Jam for my cardio, I'm not really looking for any strict cardio workouts but rather strength & cardio combined or only strength!

I have the Transfirmer box (in 2005 I bought the entire set with the 3 DVDs but for some reason only tried 1 of the DVDs once, decided I didn't like it and sold all 3, but kept the box! ) and would like to get a few more workouts that use the box (or Fannylifter).

Enable me with your favorite FIRM workouts; they don't necessarily have to use the box!

TIA!
That use the Fanny Lifter or TransFirmer Box, I'd recommend:
* Body Sculpt Blaster- LOVE it!; it's getting harder to find at low prices so get it while you can!!!
* Jiggle Free Arms- LOVE it!
* Cardio Sculpt Blaster
* Super Cardio Sculpt
* Upper Body Sculpt- if you skip the 9 minute warm up
* Lower Body Sculpt 1 is decent, not bad, but not a total love.
(All but 1, jiggle free arms, uses the FL and are from the BSS1/2 Add-on Series called Fast & Firm)
* Total Sculpt + Abs is another good one, but it's 60 minutes

TransFirmer Workouts
* Again, Jiggle Free Arms- hits the biceps and shoulders nicely
* Jiggle Free Buns
* Super Charged Sculpting
* Aerobic Body Shaping
* Total Muscle Shaping- goes a little heavy on triceps which is nice!
* Complete Body Sculpt
(The last two technically use the first version of the TF nicknamed Death Box, the TL is safer to use and easier to use then the box they use in these two workouts)

Non-Fanny Lifter/TransFirmer Box workouts I love:
* The Wave- now discontinued so you can sometimes find the Kit for cheap.
* Total Body Toner
* Hi-Def Sculpt
* The New Time Crunch Cardio which has 3 workouts, 2 are cardio-sculpt
* Fat-Burning Cardio Toning which uses tubing for strength work
* Dangerous Curves Ahead- has nice premixes including strength-only

If you find you like The Firm's stlye of floor cardio (which I personally do not), you may at some point like Hardcore Fusion which has a time saver premix. It's a cardio-sculpt and has approx 5-6 minutes of cardio followed by strength. I'm not a Firm Cardio fan in general so I either fast forward it stick to something mentioned from the above lists.

As a total Leslie-Lover and her workouts being what I crave doing 90-95% of the time, I think The Firm's cardio-sculpt and sculpt-only workouts compliment her workouts nicely. You get a well-rounded strength routine usually done at an aerobic pace which helps to train us differently than with leslie's cardio. I love using Leslie 2-3 days per week with 1-2 days of The Firm. it really is beneficial and now with the Firm releasing more 20-30 minute workouts, it can fit into a busy schedule without forcing you to be a slave to fitness. I'm Pro-Leslie/Firm Combo!!!

Even though many of these are OOP, you can still find them on eBay and Amazon for cheap to decent prices. Mary and collage carry a couple of them still.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 05:34 PM  
juberann

I love Aerobic Body Shaping with Allie from BBS3 (using the TransFIRMer). I actually like all the BBS workouts with the exception of Stephanie Huckabee's Ultimate workout (too complicated for me).
Allie is my favorite FIRM instructor followed by Kelsie Danials. Kelsie's Pump, Jump and Jab is alot of fun
I don't do the FIRM much nowadays but will never part with them, in fact, lately, a few have been calling my name
Old 06-03-12, 05:43 PM  
MoFirmer

I would have to add

-Get Chisel'd
-Slim and Trim

for sure!

I have every FIRM from the beginning (V1) to the last (Jen's Dance). To me they are all worthwhile for different reasons. I love rotating the classics with the newer ones that are more functional fitness based/HIIT.

In fact I just finished my first month's rotation of a 90 day challenge I am doing. It is compounding on what I started with my 14# loss with FE 30 days before that.
Old 06-03-12, 06:36 PM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalemma View Post

But really, where it's at for me are the Classics. The look is a little dated, but the workouts themselves are their most effective. You can get most of them at Fitnessfavorites.com. My faves are:
Low Impact Aerobics (Vol. 2) with Janet Jones (no tall box)
The Tortoise and The Hare with Tracie Long (uses short and tall box)
Boomers (Vol 6) with Jayne Poteet (uses short and tall box)

If you like floorwork, you're going to want Body Sculpting Basics (Vol. 1) with Susan Harris. No box, but killer floorwork.

I agree completely!!
Also try Tough Tape and Maximum Body Shaping with Tracie Long

formerly known as slewiss1
lovely4deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 07:33 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Alright, I'm very late to the game with the FIRM workouts and so far I've only recently started with Super Body Sculpt [after reading about it here ] but I really enjoy it and think I need more! LOL
Since I like doing Leslie walks as well as kickboxing/Turbo Jam for my cardio, I'm not really looking for any strict cardio workouts but rather strength & cardio combined or only strength!

I have the Transfirmer box (in 2005 I bought the entire set with the 3 DVDs but for some reason only tried 1 of the DVDs once, decided I didn't like it and sold all 3, but kept the box! ) and would like to get a few more workouts that use the box (or Fannylifter).

Enable me with your favorite FIRM workouts; they don't necessarily have to use the box!

TIA!
I like Rebekah's Firm Express workouts, and the following pink (Gaiam) Firms: Get Chiseled, Total Body Toner, Tight Buns and Killer Legs, Slim Solutions on a Ball, Maximum Cardio, Calorie Explosion, Zero in Ten, Power Half Hour, Total Body Time Crunch
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 08:32 PM  
buttons11

Hey Val...you've gotten a lot of great recommendations already

I like working w/sculpting balls so I think this compilation is great
http://www.amazon.com/The-Firm-Burni...8770536&sr=8-4

also just wanted you to know as I haven't seen anyone mention this yet

but ms Mary is having a sale on July 4...
you could email her and ask if the firms will be on sale if you use her
as many times her sale prices on the firms are competitive w/Amazon
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 08:45 PM  
dancer

The BSS 2 workouts are my favorites (all three of them), but I also like the Transfirmer workouts.
I don't have many of the "pinks" ( so many I'd like to try) but I do have and like Get Chisl'd with Rebekah.
dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 01:10 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thank you all for your awesome replies!!!
Now I have tons of titles to check out, find clips of and decide!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 01:19 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
As a total Leslie-Lover and her workouts being what I crave doing 90-95% of the time, I think The Firm's cardio-sculpt and sculpt-only workouts compliment her workouts nicely. You get a well-rounded strength routine usually done at an aerobic pace which helps to train us differently than with leslie's cardio. I love using Leslie 2-3 days per week with 1-2 days of The Firm. it really is beneficial and now with the Firm releasing more 20-30 minute workouts, it can fit into a busy schedule without forcing you to be a slave to fitness. I'm Pro-Leslie/Firm Combo!!!

Even though many of these are OOP, you can still find them on eBay and Amazon for cheap to decent prices. Mary and collage carry a couple of them still.
Thank you for your listing of the workouts!
It's nice to see another Leslie fan combining her with the FIRM workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
In fact I just finished my first month's rotation of a 90 day challenge I am doing. It is compounding on what I started with my 14# loss with FE 30 days before that.
Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons11 View Post
Hey Val...you've gotten a lot of great recommendations already

I like working w/sculpting balls so I think this compilation is great
http://www.amazon.com/The-Firm-Burni...8770536&sr=8-4

also just wanted you to know as I haven't seen anyone mention this yet

but ms Mary is having a sale on July 4...
you could email her and ask if the firms will be on sale if you use her
as many times her sale prices on the firms are competitive w/Amazon
Thanks for the workout suggestion!
I'll contact Mary to ask, great idea!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, gaiam tv, streaming, the firm