Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-19, 09:02 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Is there a way to stream from Amazon Prime video to a TV without a Fire stick? I have Chromecast but it doesn’t appear that I can do it from Google home. Maybe if I stream it from my laptop browser to the TV? I would rather use my tablet which is an iPad.
(I do not have any apple products and only needed a special HDmi cable to connect an Android tablet to a tv)
you may need a Lightening adapter to connect the ipad to a regular HDmi cable which is more expensive

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 09:11 AM  
Lannette

Are you using the Chrome browser on your iPad when you attempt to cast prime video to your TV? HERE’s an article on using chromecast to cast prime video.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 09:29 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Yes, you have to use the Chrome browser if you want to cast videos to your tv. (I prefer to use Firefox as my default browser but open up Chrome to cast.) I've directly casted videos I've purchased on Amazon from my Mac so I know it can be done without using any other intermediary.
Old 06-07-19, 06:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Do you have a DVD or blu ray player with wifi? They usually have the Amazon app installed. That is how we stream Prime on the tv without a firestick.
Yes, I completely forgot about this. Shows you how much I use Prime TV (or any TV for that matter) IIRC I have had buffering issues using the Blu Ray Player.
I want to avoid buying another device such as a fire stick or Apple TV. I will try the BluRay player again and also try some of the other suggestions.
Thanks
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 06:16 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Are you using the Chrome browser on your iPad when you attempt to cast prime video to your TV? HERE’s an article on using chromecast to cast prime video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
Yes, you have to use the Chrome browser if you want to cast videos to your tv. (I prefer to use Firefox as my default browser but open up Chrome to cast.) I've directly casted videos I've purchased on Amazon from my Mac so I know it can be done without using any other intermediary.
This worked for me. I guess there is no way to do this directly through Chromecast due to the Google/Amazon feud. Thanks!
Old 06-07-19, 08:26 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Is there a way to stream from Amazon Prime video to a TV without a Fire stick? I have Chromecast but it doesn’t appear that I can do it from Google home. Maybe if I stream it from my laptop browser to the TV? I would rather use my tablet which is an iPad.
I play Amazon Prime Videos on my iPad using the Prime Video App.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 08:29 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
I play Amazon Prime Videos on my iPad using the Prime Video App.
Yes I can do that but I wanted to stream it to my TV - I don't want to use a cord to connect the two. I will try to do this through my Blu Ray player but sometimes there are buffering issues.
Old 06-08-19, 01:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
Quote:
This worked for me. I guess there is no way to do this directly through Chromecast due to the Google/Amazon feud. Thanks!
Actually this didn’t work from my iPad. As I mentioned on my other thread about casting YouTube videos, the Chrome app/browser on the iPad doesn’t allow you to cast for some reason. I had to use my laptop. But to me it’s easier and quicker than using the BluRay player.
Old 06-12-19, 05:09 AM  
antbuko

I use a Roku on my TV and it has the Amazon app. For web videos that don't have an app, Classical Stretch for example, I cast with a Chromecast.
Old 06-12-19, 06:53 PM  
bjones

I had the same exact issue as you. I tried the amazon app on my blu-ray-too much buffering. Then I tried using my laptop, opened to amazon.com video in my chrome browser and used a chromecast. Less buffering but still unacceptable quality. Finally I pulled off my chromecast and put in an hdmi cable in the port and connected the laptop directly. Voila, great quality playback.
The other thing I've done is just play it on my laptop on a chair in front of my workout area. But attaching the hdmi now that its permanently connected to my TV is about as fast so thats what I do now.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming, streaming help, tech