Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-17, 06:58 PM  
lhartness

Unhappy The Death of FitnessGlo

This may have been mentioned in another thread, but I don't see it offhand, so...

I was so upset to learn today that FitnessGlo will be going offline on February 1, 2017! Does anyone have any details about what happened? Or if they're going to be making the videos available anywhere else? I'd love to be able to download my favorites before they're gone forever...that would be nice.

Reviews & Giveaways of Videos/Books/Movies/Etc. on my blog The Calico Critic

By God's grace, no longer 248!
lhartness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 09:02 PM  
soulflower

Oh no! I don't do streaming, but always felt that if I did, I would subscribe to Fitnessglo. I really liked the look of Alex McLean's barre workouts, they reminded me of Michelle Dozois' Bodyfit 360s.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 10:22 PM  
SuzieC

Oh no! I love Petra Kolber's cardio workouts on Fitnessglo! And the music in these was so good. So sad!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 03:42 AM  
Elsie

Thumbs down

Oh, I didn't know this. I am so disappointed as I was going to get their streaming again as I did for 5 months last year. I thought it was excellent and Denise Klatte's (love her foam rolling!) & Patricia Friberg's workouts were my motivation for some time (along with Cathe LIVE). Funny I dropped by there just a few days back to see what new content has been added since I have not had their streaming and it was VERY little (maybe four videos since mid Sept), so I ought to have known something was up.
Their upper body workouts were lacking, but everything else was there!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I wonder if YogaGlo will be next? I lost my taste for YogaGlo when they forced me to use the "improved" website which I didn't like. But, from time to time I go back to use certain instructors.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 12:26 PM  
cooldham

Wow, this is a bummer and makes me worry for other streaming services. Right now I am doing gymbox but I've done fitnessglo and cathe live in the past. I also just found out about an app called Apptiva that reminds me of itrain. Are these business models just not sustainable?
Old 01-04-17, 02:24 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldham View Post
. . . Are these business models just not sustainable?
I think it may be the competition -- so many fitness sites available plus YouTube.
Old 01-04-17, 07:38 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I wonder if YogaGlo will be next? I lost my taste for YogaGlo when they forced me to use the "improved" website which I didn't like. But, from time to time I go back to use certain instructors.
I was thinking the same ... I think YogaGlo may have lost some support over that website re-launch. There are too many alternatives out there now.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitnessglo, patricia friberg, streaming