Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-16, 11:31 AM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Talk me into Cathe On Demand

The more I look into signing up for Cathe On Demand, the less I understand why I haven't done it yet.
I have bought most of her workouts over the years, have loved pretty much everything she's ever put out there. On paper, On Demand looks like an absolute steal. I love the idea of accessing her entire catalog, using a workout blender, trying Cathe Live...why am I hesitating?
I think part of me is afraid of getting locked into something. I'm also afraid that there will be some disappointing technical glitch---maybe I'm having flashbacks to some of her DVDs that didn't play properly. I also think I'll be absolutely overwhelmed with all the choices there are--don't laugh, I know that's a good thing, but sometimes just trying to decide on a premix stresses me out.
So....those of you who have or had Cathe On Demand, any regrets? Was it all you hoped it would be? Also, do you generally view on your laptop, device, or on your TV?
Feel free to either enable or restrain me. Any insight would be appreciated!
Old 08-11-16, 12:07 PM  
Robin C

Smile

I subscribe to Cathe Live and really enjoy it. If your not sure about the On Demand, I would suggest only subscribing for a month or so to test the service.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 12:13 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

It's the best 20.00 I spend every month! Love Cathe Live, and love the access to all of her workouts and premixes On Demand.

I have my laptop hooked up to a TV monitor when I work out. It's wonderful and I'd really miss it if I gave up my subscription.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 02:29 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I have Cathe on demand but it's the Cathe Live part that I love. It's very easy to sign up and cancel. Just try a month. $20 gamble. That's it. The only glitch you may have is if your internet is too slow and the streaming buffers too much. The On Demand workout blender is SIMPLE to use. You need something new and those LIVE workouts are just the thing to get your workouts reenergized
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 02:56 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin C View Post
I subscribe to Cathe Live and really enjoy it. If your not sure about the On Demand, I would suggest only subscribing for a month or so to test the service.
Perfect advice! It's what I did with Cathe Live. I tried it for one month and did as much as I could. Picking from the beginning as well as more recent workouts to get a feel for what she was doing. I love it! I signed up for a year before my month was over. I could see how it's overwhelming too! Sooooo much to choose from but it's all there waiting for you when you're ready. Plus with the blender, I believe you can do workouts that other people created and are willing to share it. I don't have On Demand but it's been discussed on the website. Best money spent!!

If you love Cathe and her workouts, simply try it for one month. Do it!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 03:13 PM  
wendy2

There's no locking into anything--you just subscribe for a month! Even if you decide not to keep it, that money is well spent for the access you'll have to 100+ Cathe Live workouts (which you can sort by type to make it less overwhelming) as well as the On Demand Workout Blender. You are already familiar with Cathe's workouts, so you'll have a blast playing around and mixing up bits and pieces to make your own workout. And yes, you can import workouts that other people have created, too. It's really an amazing feature--I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about more.

I would absolutely recommend signing up for a month!
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 04:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sold me...I've been wavering too. Don't know why - mostly because I'm trying to get through unused or seldom used DVDs that I have.
I have not heard anything bad about On Demand or Live. I'm ready to bite.

I did notice there is a way to test the streaming speed on Cathe's site (before you sign up) which I did and it was great, so I really don't have any excuses.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live, cathe on demand, streaming