Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-16, 06:05 PM  
toomuchjoy

Only 1 month of Essentrics streaming...what are must do's???

So I took the plunge and ordered 1 month of Essentrics streaming. I can't do more than a month.

I have Class of 2012 which I really liked.

I did half of Ess TBT and love it.

I watched a few minutes of CS Drop a Pant Size and wasn't impressed.

What are must do's? I really would like to test out CS to determine whether I like it or not. If it's only Ess for me, then that would be much cheaper?

What say you? Which episodes/workouts are your faves?
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 06:21 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
So I took the plunge and ordered 1 month of Essentrics streaming. I can't do more than a month.

What are must do's? I really would like to test out CS to determine whether I like it or not. If it's only Ess for me, then that would be much cheaper?

I happened to list my personal favorites in my check-in just the other day, so I've cut and pasted most of it here for you. It sounds like you enjoy the toning Essentrics workouts judging by the ones you mentioned, and those are my favorites so my list should work for you.

Quote:
It kind of depends on if you want a toning-emphasis workout, or a super stretchy one to use as a strictly recovery, stretch, or almost-rest day workout. I mean, they all include lots of stretching, but the toning ones add moves meant to be strengthening as well. My favorite lately is Full Body Toning. Everyone seems to like it a lot, it has good instruction without being slow, and it would be a solid toning workout choice. If you want something more stretchy, try Ultimate Stretch. There are two 30-minute workouts with Sahra, and four 15-min targeted stretches with Miranda.

Be sure to try:

--Full Body Toning - favorite full length toning!
--Class of 2012 probably second place for me to FBT
--Body Sculpting Series (three 30-min sections; the leg one is tough! I combine two for an hour.)
--Stretch & Strength in Motion - two 25-min strength, two 25-min stretches. (Combine the two strength sections for full length.) The strength ones here go quickly, and it wouldn't be a good first Essentrics DVD, but the Upper Body stretch is one of my new favorite stretches
--Barre Workout -- a little easier in some ways, but has good stretching included, and a nice standing section. Well-chaptered with premixes on the DVD.
--Ultimate Stretch - good stretch-focused workouts (details listed above)
--Toning for Beginners - easier and a bit slower with more instruction. Good for a very light day workout. Split into two 30-min workouts.
Old 07-12-16, 06:41 PM  
momofcha

Quote:

Since you already have a good feel for essentrics I would dabble in CS to see if there's any interest. You can't go wrong with any essentrics

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 08:07 PM  
toomuchjoy

Thanks kalliope!

Momofcha -- any faves of CS to try? I thought the drop a pant size would be weight loss-y but then she started talking about loosening up hips.
Old 07-12-16, 09:47 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks kalliope!

Momofcha -- any faves of CS to try? I thought the drop a pant size would be weight loss-y but then she started talking about loosening up hips.
Is the drop a pant size from season 8? Like 806? I do like that episode if that is the one you viewed.

The episodes are not always reflective of the name. A lot of times they are just total body, with a few exercises that address the topic. There is a feet and knees episode that I just love...can't remember what season.

I love the all standing episodes and off the top of my head I like the 20's...720, 820, 920 for sure. I love 907 also. I've been doing Season 11 lately and focusing on the all standing episoes...the posture one, back pain, bone strengthening, shoulder episode...love all of them.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 09:27 PM  
toomuchjoy

Thanks Jackie!
Old 07-17-16, 02:19 PM  
toomuchjoy

Jackie, I did 720 yesterday and really liked it. I also did the waist/abs Body Sculpting Ess and my sides are really sore. I'll plan to try out more CS for the rest of my month.

*I ordered the Ess bundle today* Gulp. Guess I'll have to sell 2012 on the Roost.
Old 07-17-16, 02:46 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Jackie, I did 720 yesterday and really liked it. I also did the waist/abs Body Sculpting Ess and my sides are really sore. I'll plan to try out more CS for the rest of my month.

*I ordered the Ess bundle today* Gulp. Guess I'll have to sell 2012 on the Roost.
720 is my all time favorite CS episode. It is my go to for back pain.

I should do Class of 2012 today.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, streaming