Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-14, 09:07 PM  
SabrinaD

Dream Body Workout Series and Cardio Series: worth it?

Is anybody still using the dream body workout series and/or cardio series? I've read on VF that they do wonders for the inner thighs. For those that do both or either set, would you recommend it?

I'm not looking to lose weight as I'm already at my ideal weight (according to the BMI calculator I'm classified as borderline normal/underweight. Doc says it's nothing to worry about). Just want to continue to tone up.

What were your results with them? I'm not interested in the original dream body DVD (heard the bubbles are annoying). I've also noticed that no one seems to be trading them in the forums... Is this a sign that they are good?

TIA!

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 04:11 AM  
adrien_73

I am curious about these as well. I recall they had a 50% off sale a while back so I have been waiting, but no sales.

Maybe Mary will have them marked down for her spring sale? (though I doubt it would be 50% off!)
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 05:43 AM  
Tugger31

I have the Dream Body Cardio series and don't have too much to offer as far as reviews because I just did the first workout for the first time 2 days ago, but I can offer my impression of that.

I did MILF, it was 30 min cardio intervals followed by 30 min floor work using a firewalker band for lower body and abs. This workout as well as the others can all be split into 2 30 min workouts (is what the intro says anyways).

This for me was worth it just for the 30 minute floorwork, it was fast paced as far as transition time btwn exercises so I had to pause a few times but I'm sure that will improve with time. I felt this one more in my outer thighs.

The cardio intervals definitely kicked my butt. I had to pause alot b/c it was too fast paced for me. The impact was high but I modified. Darby talked alot about inner thighs but the moves she did for the inner thighs I really couldnt do b/c they consisted of jumping jack type of moves where she clicks her heels together and I've never been able to master that move so I just subbed in little plie jumps.

Overall, I think these workouts will give decent results, but I hated having to pause the dvd so many times so I'm hoping that improves with time.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:35 AM  
edensmom

The transitions definitely improve with repeated use. They cue ON the move so at first I missed reps--plus the reps are fast so it can be quite a few missed! As soon as I got familiar with the workouts the transitions became more seamless. I always go at my own pace,,which may or may not match theirs.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:48 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I still use and just adore both Dream Body sets. If you are looking for more of an inner thigh impact, I would go with the original series (not the cardio); in general the original series seems to have more of an inner thigh focus and the cardio set has more of an outer thigh focus. Also, the original series is a little less expensive since it has been out longer.

The BEST workout for inner thighs in the entire Dream Body series is Fusion Mix with Darby. DARN that is tough for the inner thighs, and lower abs!!

I think just using both series for me (and especially the cardio series, has really improved my endurance, and for overall toning up. InTENse and Barre area great for the arms, the Fusions (Fusion Mix, Fusion, and Fusion 50) are great for the legs and overall toning, MILF has a TOUGH cardio workout and some great outer thigh work, the Tabatas - Tabata & Toning and BataBarre - are really tough and fast paced too. I like the Bikini Bootcamp workouts for a little easier workout - they are more arm and ab focused and just seem a tiny bit less intense.

Some differences between the sets: set 2 allows you to play the workout without the music; easier to split workouts into two workouts; uses the loop band and gliding disks (only T&T of the first set uses the gliders and not for very long). The Fusion Mix workout of the first set uses a stability ball, the only DVD to use this piece. Both sets use a small playground ball, 2# weights, a barre (only for Barre and Batabarre), and a band. First set is more toning intense, second is more cardio intense, but they both have a mix of both.

If (and hopefully when) they come out with a new set, I will pay full price for it. I held out and got the first two at a bargain, but now that I'm totally hooked on them, I don't mind jumping in to the next set at full price. Right now and for the past several months I've been alternating these workouts with Tonique (BTM/ATM/FF), Horizontal Conditioning, and Buti, and running.

ETA: I also go at my own pace too, just like with Tonique.
Old 06-13-14, 08:53 AM  
LeanneM

I have both sets, and love them! As Ebianco said, the first set definitely targets the inner thighs a lot, but both sets are great. I just started using them again after a break, and I'm already noticing some inch loss.

They're not everyone's cup of tea because of the fast pace, but I love the energy of them and how quickly they move. They never get boring to me!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 11:13 AM  
js70

I have the first set of DB and love it! It's really fast pace and hard. I got it when it's 50% off. One suggestion for you is if you're looking to tone your inner thighs (if you want to wait for another discount from DB website), you should try blogilates.com. It's free and it's tough. It's has thighs' segment and a lot of them really work your inner thigh. I've been doing that Blogilates combining with DB ( 1/week) and I my pants are now looser (and that was for only 2 weeks). Casey Ho is great, but she chatters a lot
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 01:26 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by js70 View Post
I have the first set of DB and love it! It's really fast pace and hard. I got it when it's 50% off. One suggestion for you is if you're looking to tone your inner thighs (if you want to wait for another discount from DB website), you should try blogilates.com. It's free and it's tough. It's has thighs' segment and a lot of them really work your inner thigh. I've been doing that Blogilates combining with DB ( 1/week) and I my pants are now looser (and that was for only 2 weeks). Casey Ho is great, but she chatters a lot
How are you combining the two?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 08:38 PM  
js70

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
How are you combining the two?
Blogilates have a workout calendar every month. So I used Casey's workout calendar for the body focus (abs, butt, legs), and on the day it's cardio or Casey calls it shred it, I use DB or Exhale Core Fusion instead of hers. I have gotten slimmer (especially my lower body) without really changing much of my diet this past few weeks. You can check out her website and you can when you join the blogilates giving your email address, you'll be able to go and look at her calendar workout. After, I just go to blogilates you tube and just stream all her workout there. They are tough! When I watch it, I did not think it, until I did it and I just thought "am I going to survive this "
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 08:42 PM  
SabrinaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by js70 View Post
Blogilates have a workout calendar every month. So I used Casey's workout calendar for the body focus (abs, butt, legs), and on the day it's cardio or Casey calls it shred it, I use DB or Exhale Core Fusion instead of hers. I have gotten slimmer (especially my lower body) without really changing much of my diet this past few weeks. You can check out her website and you can when you join the blogilates giving your email address, you'll be able to go and look at her calendar workout. After, I just go to blogilates you tube and just stream all her workout there. They are tough! When I watch it, I did not think it, until I did it and I just thought "am I going to survive this "
How long are the blogilates workouts in her workout calendar?

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bands lower body, dream body fusion