Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-12, 07:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
I live in the boonies so I don't see me streaming ANYTHING any time soon, LOL!
Me, too!

The vast majority of my books, movies, music and my workouts are physical, tangible assets.

I'm a film nut and sometimes film DVD/Blu-Ray box sets come with wonderful cover art, books, posters and added content you won't get with a download.

I've noticed that our local Costco's movie section is getting smaller every week. I guess that's a sign of the times.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 08:12 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Right there with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I literally, physically shudder when I hear talk of dvd's going extinct and everything going digital. I am also technologically challenged and like to actually own a physical copy of my workout. Streaming workouts just seems like a rip off if you're paying for something and you don't actually own it. Downloads are fine but for me I always run into snafus when I try to do anything like that. The dvd is simple, you have it and stick it in the player and you're good to go! Plus I don't work out in front of my computer (which has a smallish screen). I workout in front of my 42 inch LED tv in my bedroom.

I also don't view buying dvd's as an investment. They're mine!
I feel the same way.

Last year I finally got an Ipod and a Nook Color so I am catching up a little with current technology, but I still want an actual DVD of the shows, movies and workouts that I like.

And as much as I like my Nook, I still love books too.

And when Cardio Coach went to downloads only, Sean actually burned a couple for me on CDs so I could buy them since I was on dial-up at the time and wasn't able to download them.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 05:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
This is an issue in a lot of areas. Not 2 miles from here I have friends and coworkers who cannot access even DSL. Really sad but there will be no changes any time soon because the larger carriers will not invest unless there is enough density period - with or without government money.

I can get it (downloads) but rely on DVD's and will for quite a while.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 08:06 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Only if you can put streaming videos onto dvds lol will I switch over. I love my dvds and even have them all sorted out by instructor. I love them! I think they are worth it.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 08:13 PM  
anne

I like dvds a lot--I like the cases, the covers, the descriptions and pictures on the cases, the chapter selections, everything. Streaming is o.k. but I like seeing the workout on a big television screen rather than on a computer monitor. I've downloaded the free Firm workouts that came with the new Firm dvds and a barre workout or two but I'd have to hook my laptop up to my tv somehow to do them and I probably could figure out how to do that but so far I haven't really wanted to do that. Bright House has that on demand exercise channel that I looked at a few times but there's just something about dvds!
anne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, dvds, streaming, streaming video, streaming videos