Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-14, 05:25 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I got mine too! I will do one segment tonight.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 07:20 PM  
momofcha

Mine is here!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 09:11 PM  
momofcha

I previewed workout 1. Looks tough. Turkish get ups, get ups, bottoms up clean, bottoms up presses, one legged dead lift, suitcase dead lift. Lots of double bell work - but she says if you only have 1 to just use that.

I did kettlebells today, but hope to do this with PiYO tomorrow.

Old 10-21-14, 08:11 AM  
momofcha

I just did Strength 2. I did it after PiYO Strong Legs - but oh my is this one a winner. Minimal and I mean minimal breaks. If you got 15 seconds through the whole workout that was your rest. You lift heavy, and slow, but not super slow. She went at a very manageable, controlled pace. There's two supersets, and in each superset you repeat twice. They were long sets too, I didn't count, but maybe 8-10 moves? I didn't write them down as I was focused on the workout, but there were lat rows, bottoms up cleans, bottoms up squats, pistol squats, side lunges, goblet squats, double bell squats, kickstand lunges, snatch to negative, high pulls, overhead lunges. Not a single swing to be found. Definitely a nice variety of new moves that really challenged you.

Her hair flips never bothered me in the past, but I made an effort to look here and there were none. She had an adorable lululemon outfit on in this one - flowered bra and green crops. No pulling, tugging, nothing. In the strength 1 she has the pink doo-rag on, short camo shorts and a double black tank. No wardrobe malfunctions or hair issues for those that notice. The set is beautiful as always. I always focus on Lauren in workouts, so I never even noticed anything about Todd. I have no idea on how his form is or anything - so I can't comment on him.

I've always been a Lauren fan, but she really hit this one out of the park. I can't wait to do Strength 1 and I need to figure out how to do the skateboard abs.

Old 10-21-14, 10:31 AM  
Rhonda

Got mine yesterday. Hoping to do a workout tonight. Sounds like an awesome workout.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 01:19 PM  
noodles

Sue,
Can i ask what weight kettlebells you used?
tx,
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 01:21 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Sue,
Can i ask what weight kettlebells you used?
tx,
Jamie
I used just about every one I own - from 18 lb up to 45 lb.

Old 10-21-14, 03:51 PM  
smilingwolf

Hi Sue, Great review. Did you watch the instructional? Her cat is sitting on the terrace looking down at her almost the entire time. It's so cute.

When I was previewing workout 1, I noticed the breaks are short but, the movements are performed slow and controlled. I realized that is really a good thing for me. This way I can attempt to use heavier weights and concentrate more on the movements. All my other DVD KB workouts move at a much faster pace. Also, I'm glad I really like to do TGUs, there are a lot of them.

Was her hair an issue for some in her other DVDs? I've never done one of her workouts before. When I saw her long hair, I thought to myself, she's going to have to be adjusting it the entire time. She hardly touched it.

The bottoms up movements are the only ones that concern me. My wrists are a little weak.

Can someone tell me why she tells you to make a fist with your free hand? Is it to create more tension and stability in your body?

Thanks
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 03:56 PM  
momofcha

I didn't watch the demo, but I plan to.. I was too anxious!

I agree about the tempo. It's really perfect. Not super slow, but slow enough that you can lift as heavy as you'd like. I've never done bottoms up moves before - my left hand SUCKED! My right was ok. I don't like TGU - but that's because they're hard! I know they are going to work for me.

Her hair/bangs did move around in other workouts, it bothered some, but I agree, she never touched it the whole time.

I can't wait to do strength 2!!!

Old 10-22-14, 04:45 AM  
cmiyachi

Darn it I missed the presale. I love her DVDs. I like the way that she goes slow and has great form. I also like her demeanor as most instructors are so happy and perky - which is great - but she is more calm.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell revelation, lauren brooks