Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-14, 10:31 AM  
PennyK

I have never tried kettlebells, but this looks fun!!! Where should i start?
Are all of her videos filmed outside? I really love outdoor workouts!!!
Thanks
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 10:42 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I don't usually preorder anything, but this looks good. I like the different moves. I was so thrilled with Kettlebell Body and really like her other DVDs so I think this one will be just as good. And with the $10 off promo code, can't miss!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:30 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Me too. Had no idea.

The clip looks awesome. I preordered
Thanks! I am going to preorder. She is one of a few KB instructors that does snatches. That is my fave KB move.
So excited for this one!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:33 AM  
momofcha

Yes, Penny - I believe all her videos are shot in her home gym in her backyard.

I Lauren and I will buy just about anything she puts out. The $10 coupon is an incredible presale price.

I love the looks of this one too - lots of different moves. Pistol squats! I can't wait to get this. I think it will arrive just as I finish my PiYO rotation so I will do a kettlebell focused one next.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 09:43 PM  
jessicavi

Actually, only her YT workouts are shot at her house IIRC. All of her DVDs are shot outdoors. They are beautiful--rooftop, rock garden, pool/garden oasis, nice really nice.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this workout. Two of the workouts are about 30 mins, one is 12, and the other is 7min abs. I'm not ready to pull the trigger. I have to look at the clip some more and consider the value.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 09:21 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

This does look really good and advanced. I'd definitely have to work up to it.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 02:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

This one looks great! (as all of her workouts). And I could use TheRack for that skate core move That being said, I just wonder why she keep selling her dvds at the same high price range even AOS have lowered their dvd prices. I also wish she makes a dvd system with 8-12 workouts and rotation calendar at a reasonable price (as every system out there). Well, a girl can dream!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 02:35 PM  
jessicavi

Does anyone know if Mary is doing the same pre-sale?
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 02:45 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
This one looks great! (as all of her workouts). And I could use TheRack for that skate core move That being said, I just wonder why she keep selling her dvds at the same high price range even AOS have lowered their dvd prices. I also wish she makes a dvd system with 8-12 workouts and rotation calendar at a reasonable price (as every system out there). Well, a girl can dream!
I really like her KB technique, her form is impeccable, and now she's certified Strong First, but I find her a little dry on her DVD's. I've sold every DVD I owned by her because of that.

I've been going back and forward on which KB DVD, Kelly's or this one, I'm lean toward Kelly although her form is off, she has a much more "happy" and "fun" personality + she has pre-mixes. Although my preference is to do more traditional KB workouts. I'm not really sure why her DVD's are so expensive, it's been mention many times here on VF. I will say her DVD's do hold their value, I sold on Amazon her DVD's for more that what I've pay for them.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 04:05 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I really like her KB technique, her form is impeccable, and now she's certified Strong First, but I find her a little dry on her DVD's. I've sold every DVD I owned by her because of that.

I've been going back and forward on which KB DVD, Kelly's or this one, I'm lean toward Kelly although her form is off, she has a much more "happy" and "fun" personality + she has pre-mixes. Although my preference is to do more traditional KB workouts. I'm not really sure why her DVD's are so expensive, it's been mention many times here on VF. I will say her DVD's do hold their value, I sold on Amazon her DVD's for more that what I've pay for them.
I would suspect as long as she's happy with the number of DVDs she sells at the price she recommends she's good with it. I think the pre-sale price is great. I love Lauren though and use every one of her DVDs at least once/week. I know she's not for everyone though.

I did pre-order Kelly's - but it's my first Kelly DVD and I'm not 100% sure I'm going to click with it. I'm a fan of kettlebells as strength though and I"m not sure Kelly's is going to fit that for me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell revelation, lauren brooks