Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-14, 07:22 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Love Ellen, but her workouts actually make my lower back hurt. Did Fat Burning Fusion this morning - lower back hurts tonight.

Wait. two new ones?
I agree Joni! I love Ellen and she has such a lovely personality in her workout videos. I can't do her workouts often, though. I get the worst hip pain! I do love Grace and Gusto, though. It is nice and stretchy.

I also can't seem to rid myself of her workouts. Periodically I do pull out one of her workouts for some time with Ellen.

Oddly, I am excited about her new workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 07:42 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

double post, sorry.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 08:46 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks for the link. That reminds me - Inused to get her newsletters/new blog post notifications. I don't get them anymore and she hasn't mentioned new workouts on Facebook or Twitter for quite a while.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 02:45 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Since switching to Ellen, I've really tuned in to how I feel and go from there. I've been working out for 20+ years, and I've never felt this good. I'm not sore anymore and I switched my focus from weight loss to feeling good every day -- and I ended up losing weight! Such is life...
Yes, this is where I am too now! Altho, I have had to make bigger changes in my eating - less boxed processed foods, less carbs & sweets. I instantly slimmed down even w/o exercise. Finally (after years & yrs), I was ready to let go & get out of resistance/denial about clean eating.

Now that I dont have to use exercise to lose, I focus solely on how I feel; it makes a world of difference! The Kundalini helps me to slow down too & be in touch with how I feel in each body part & emotionally too. I go for light, energizing doms & rest fully without guilt, when I need to. Ellen is a perfect balance, I get movement with a positive holistic attitude as she encourages you to listen to how you feel. Leslie & Lara Hudson are my other go tos, no dread whatsoever.

There are a lot of difficult things about being over 40 & in peri meno, but how I'm feeling now is one of the joys of being mature & seasoned & more at peace.

Right there with you Lori
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 03:48 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
Yes, this is where I am too now! Altho, I have had to make bigger changes in my eating - less boxed processed foods, less carbs & sweets. I instantly slimmed down even w/o exercise. Finally (after years & yrs), I was ready to let go & get out of resistance/denial about clean eating.

Now that I dont have to use exercise to lose, I focus solely on how I feel; it makes a world of difference! The Kundalini helps me to slow down too & be in touch with how I feel in each body part & emotionally too. I go for light, energizing doms & rest fully without guilt, when I need to. Ellen is a perfect balance, I get movement with a positive holistic attitude as she encourages you to listen to how you feel. Leslie & Lara Hudson are my other go tos, no dread whatsoever.

There are a lot of difficult things about being over 40 & in peri meno, but how I'm feeling now is one of the joys of being mature & seasoned & more at peace.

Right there with you Lori
So glad to hear I'm not the only one! I used to dread getting older and all that comes with it, but every day I'm finding things that inspire me, and hearing that others feel the same way certainly helps!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 03:53 PM  
TinierTina

There's no Mystery to That--it's Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Re: my weight loss! -- I don't have any set rotation, but that would probably be a good idea! I usually have to work out before getting ready for work, so at 5 am, I really only want to feel good, and because sometimes I don't have time to shower (shhhh!), I just pick an Ellen workout because I always feel great after and I don't feel like I'm killing myself.

I usually do an Ellen workout every day during the week and perhaps a Leslie walk (only 30 mins though, too much cardio makes me really cranky for some reason!) a few times a week.

Since switching to Ellen, I've really tuned in to how I feel and go from there. I've been working out for 20+ years, and I've never felt this good. I'm not sore anymore and I switched my focus from weight loss to feeling good every day -- and I ended up losing weight! Such is life...
I won't comment on the alimentation part, because I have the opposite problem, in many many ways ... i.e., eating disorder; so will not go there ...

However, with respect to the workouts ... all other things being equal, my guess is that you lost gut weight because your cortisol levels are down ...

What those drill instructors from the other workouts do not understand is that they singlehandedly increase whatever "dread factor" may already be present with their lack of compassion in their instruction and their tough love ...

I admit I am not very familiar with Ellen Barrett ... I have limited experience with her videos, but would have remembered if she ever "rubbed me the wrong way" ...

Even now that I must do intense, low-impact cardio for my condition(s), multiple--you think I choose Jillian for that function?

So, writing from that perspective ... you don't need a workout to stress you out, when life does a great job of doing that all on its own.
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 03:03 PM  
PhyllisG

Has there been any more news about Ellen's new workouts? I can't access FB. Now that it is coming up to mid November I wondered if anything else has been said. In the earlier post it was mentioned that one could be available by Dec.
I thought one was cardio but I forget the other.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 04:05 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The other one is Stretch Sculpt. No news in the Facebook group.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 04:31 PM  
PhyllisG

Thank you Joni!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 05:54 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I've been in a real fugue and getting out some Ellens may be just what the doctor ordered. Thank you for starting this thread Phyllis!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bfl, ellen, ellen barrett, ellen barrett rotations, last 10 pounds, successful weight loss, weight loss