Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-14, 10:53 AM  
NotThatGirl

+1 for the Kjaer Weis. That is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I LOVE it so much

The finish is just beautiful and really looks natural and luminous. I would say its light to medium coverage and I think the lightest shade would suit you. I could go on and on about it but really think it's worth trying out. You can get a custom sample kit from Spirit Beauty Lounge which includes a voucher for $5 off your next purchase. I am currently using the whole line and couldn't be happier. Their blushes are just beautiful and the newest product, the highlighter, is unbelievably gorgeous. It is unlike any other highlighters I have seen (and I am an adoring fan of BB Shimmer Bricks) and just adds a beautiful finishing touch.

I'll shut up about it now

One last tip for photographs, sometimes silica based finishing powders can leave a white cast behind (MUFE HD powder, RMS Beauty Un-Powder). Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I quickly skimmed through the other posts and didn't read them all thoroughly.

Also, I know the price of KW seems steep (I know you said you're open to that) but the refills are reasonable and the packaging is stunning.

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 09-16-14 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 02:29 PM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
+1 for the Kjaer Weis. That is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I LOVE it so much

The finish is just beautiful and really looks natural and luminous. I would say its light to medium coverage and I think the lightest shade would suit you. I could go on and on about it but really think it's worth trying out. You can get a custom sample kit from Spirit Beauty Lounge which includes a voucher for $5 off your next purchase. I am currently using the whole line and couldn't be happier. Their blushes are just beautiful and the newest product, the highlighter, is unbelievably gorgeous. It is unlike any other highlighters I have seen (and I am an adoring fan of BB Shimmer Bricks) and just adds a beautiful finishing touch.

One last tip for photographs, sometimes silica based finishing powders can leave a white cast behind (MUFE HD powder, RMS Beauty Un-Powder). Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I quickly skimmed through the other posts and didn't read them all thoroughly.

Also, I know the price of KW seems steep (I know you said you're open to that) but the refills are reasonable and the packaging is stunning.
Can only second everything that has been said (and I did mention the powder issue).
The foundation is wonderful and the ingredients are superb. It's also quite long-lasting and easy to carry around since it's a compact.
Also agree on the blushes, eyeshadows and lip tints - they are all wonderful. RMS Lip2Cheeks are also great, as are the Ilia lipsticks - also Vapour is a nice brand (they also have a liquid Foundation and loads of shades so that might be an idea as well!).
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 01:31 AM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Can only second everything that has been said (and I did mention the powder issue).
The foundation is wonderful and the ingredients are superb. It's also quite long-lasting and easy to carry around since it's a compact.
Also agree on the blushes, eyeshadows and lip tints - they are all wonderful. RMS Lip2Cheeks are also great, as are the Ilia lipsticks - also Vapour is a nice brand (they also have a liquid Foundation and loads of shades so that might be an idea as well!).
I also agree on the RMS and Vapour lines, they are lovely but weren't the best fit for me compared to the KW. Both RMS and Vapour felt heavier on my skin than KW. Neither had that heavy makeup up feel that sometimes happens with other more mainstream brands of foundation formulas (I used RMS Un-Cover Up and the Vapour foundation stick), but with the KW it actually feels as if I am not wearing any makeup at all. Downside with KW is the lack of shade selection...she is supposed to be adding new shades soon. Sinclair is right, the Vapour line has many more choices with shades and undertones.

Heard wonderful things about the Ilia lipsticks but haven't tried them myself yet. Not really a lipstick kind of gal, I obsess over the perfect lip balm instead
I did pick up their portable face powder so hopefully that will work out better then the RMS.

Sinclair- so glad you understand my love of KW! not many of my friends are into green beauty so I don't have someone to gush about it with me

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 09-17-14 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Reword
Old 09-17-14, 03:32 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
I also agree on the RMS and Vapour lines, they are lovely but weren't the best fit for me compared to the KW. Both RMS and Vapour felt heavier on my skin than KW. Neither had that heavy makeup up feel that sometimes happens with other more mainstream brands of foundation formulas (I used RMS Un-Cover Up and the Vapour foundation stick), but with the KW it actually feels as if I am not wearing any makeup at all. Downside with KW is the lack of shade selection...she is supposed to be adding new shades soon. Sinclair is right, the Vapour line has many more choices with shades and undertones.

Heard wonderful things about the Ilia lipsticks but haven't tried them myself yet. Not really a lipstick kind of gal, I obsess over the perfect lip balm instead
I did pick up their portable face powder so hopefully that will work out better then the RMS.

Sinclair- so glad you understand my love of KW! not many of my friends are into green beauty so I don't have someone to gush about it with me
Please feel free to gush about it with me I'm a makeup artist and have transitioned to green beauty about a year ago after being obsessed with skincare ingredients for a lot longer. Needless to say I am a bit (green) beauty obsessed
Just a few Lip Balm suggestions: Kjaer Weis Lip Tints, RMS Lip Shines, Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners, Burt's Bees, W3LL People - the first three being my favorites.

And to add to the thread (at least a little bit) I agree on KW feeling less heavy than RMS/Vapour/W3LL - almost like you're not wearing anything at all. For shoots I reach mostly for Mineral Foundation+Oil/Cream since that's so highly adaptable (and if you set it with a light powder this doesn't budge at all). Just have to be careful about the Titanium Dioxide content.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 07:35 AM  
cyana

NorthernLight - Best of luck in finding the perfect foundation for your special events. As another with fair skin, it can be challenging to find "the" one. Your kitty is gorgeous!

I'd love to see NotThatGirl and Sinclair post their green favorites over on the 2014 Beauty Thread, as this is an area of great interest to me and I don't want to hijack NorthernLight's thread.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:21 AM  
violetblonde

Quote:

OK, I'm totally going to order some samples (not sure if 'Just Sheer' or 'Illusion' would suit me better). I have the cream blush in Blossoming and LOVE it. Which other colours should I check out?
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 06:19 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
OK, I'm totally going to order some samples (not sure if 'Just Sheer' or 'Illusion' would suit me better). I have the cream blush in Blossoming and LOVE it. Which other colours should I check out?
I ended up with Just Sheer but was debating between that and Paper Thin. Once either was blended in, I couldn't really tell a difference. I haven't used Blossoming but love the color. I'm using Lovely but seriously considered the other. I loved Bobbi Brown's light pink (or whatever the universally flattering light pink shade was called) so I wanted something similar to that. I use Desired Glow as my bronzer and really like it. I have the shadow in Cloud Nine and it is so pretty. Hopefully I will be getting Pretty Purple soon. Can't recommend the highlighter enough, it is really pretty lightly applied over the eye shadow. For the record, I generally go for subtle shimmer rather than the full on "check my sparkle out" kind of finish.