Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-14, 10:09 AM  
PeakFitness

I only like the newer ones that don't have the freaky red carpet. Like "This is Tae Bo."
Old 09-16-14, 11:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I love the old, original Billy stuff, but find his newer videos not as exciting.
However, I found this 20min cardio-sculpt routine and thought it looked pretty good for a compact upper body routine! Will try it this afternoon.
Tae Bo Body Shape
Thanks for posting this. I previewed it and it looks good. Will do this after work today. I've never done any Tae Bo because I remember hearing a lot of criticism about it years ago so I stayed away, but it seems a lot of you on VF like it so I'll give it a try.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 03:09 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Which ones are you all looking for? I have a few, although none of the newer ones.
Old 09-16-14, 03:17 PM  
acey

My vidiocy started the day in 2000 when I picked up a bootleg VHS copy of Taebo original Advanced from a NYC sidewalk vendor on impulse, went home and pressed play. I went back to that vendor to get Taebo Live Advanced 1, then found this site.

Can you imagine, I did those two Taebo tapes for several months before finally branching out to Cathe and then gaining vidiot momentum with increasing speed thanks to all you guys! 14 years and a gazillion bought workouts later (I don't even want to imagine what I've spent), here I am reading this thread. Awwwww
Old 09-16-14, 03:47 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

This is a newer one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOaartzSX6A Advanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6p6gxyoxwo 8 Minute workout
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 07:42 PM  
Irisg1

I credit Tae Bo for starting me on my fitness journey. I couldn't get enough of Billy & Tae Bo. The counting never and screeching never bothered me then, but now it drives me crazy. I have the entire Live collection both the Basic & Advanced still on VHS. The Lives and Get Ripped series were the best ever.
Old 09-16-14, 07:57 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lucky Star, thanks for that link! 20 minutes is good for me right now, and that little workout was fun.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 10:23 PM  
jusca

I would try Taebo except the counting is annoying.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 06:04 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I credit Tae Bo for starting me on my fitness journey. I couldn't get enough of Billy & Tae Bo. The counting never and screeching never bothered me then, but now it drives me crazy. I have the entire Live collection both the Basic & Advanced still on VHS. The Lives and Get Ripped series were the best ever.
Same as Iris, although the counting still doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the very uninspiring music used (better on the Live series, although dated now!). Lately, if I do Tae Bo I have to turn it down low enough that I can't hear the music but still hear Billy, then I put something on Pandora to listen to. Bad music is worse than no music, IMO.
Old 09-17-14, 10:24 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
So, I have been doing TA for several months now and was really looking for a different kind of cardio. So, two weeks ago, I decided to give Taebo a try. I couldn't have been more shocked by how sore my abs were immediately following the workout. Also, my arms were screaming...and, I've been doing TA. Plus, my legs were on fire. All of this surprised me because I had been working out with TA for a while. But, I guess, working your arms/abs/thighs/butt simultaneously for an hour is better than doing that in 15 minute segments.

The even crazier part is that Billy did all fours work that was very similar to TA and some of his roundhouse kicks (and other moves) in slo-mo reminded me of what TA does in attitude. I found that I was able to bring a dancer style and technique to many of his moves. The best part of all is that I lost 11 very stubborn pounds in the last two weeks.

I only did Taebo four days with these results as opposed to six days with TA for two hours each day. Whaaa??? Who knew these kinds of results could be achieved with Billy. It's no wonder there was a craze in the 90's and early 00's!! I'm hooked and I'm bringing Billy back, at least in my rotation.

Now that I'm obsessed, can anyone recommend great Taebo workouts? I'm using a few on YouTube, Fat Blasting Cardio, Get Ripped! and Ultimate Taebo.
This is why I need variety. Good for you for getting "unstuck"

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo