Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-11, 05:01 AM  
akaAnnie

I think I'll have to for go that extra dollop of strength and pause the video on the way down ladders. I hope he sticks to the same formula he did with these and keeps it simple. Somehow "lots" of exercises never gave me the results these 6 did. I think the difficulty level can be adjusted with the weight of the kb, I know it gets harder when I go to a heavier kb.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 06:52 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I think I'll have to for go that extra dollop of strength and pause the video on the way down ladders. I hope he sticks to the same formula he did with these and keeps it simple. Somehow "lots" of exercises never gave me the results these 6 did. I think the difficulty level can be adjusted with the weight of the kb, I know it gets harder when I go to a heavier kb.
Hey Annie, did you post your results somewhere? If not, would you share? Thanks.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 01:54 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post

From what I took away from the conversation, they are really happy with their production staff, and will keep everything the same as far as the gym, music and the way the dvd's are presented. When I asked her if there were going to be 6 moves only on the next set, she said there would be more next time, but stopped short of saying how many. But it was how she said it, there are SO many to present and the series will be on-going.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 06:19 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
Judy, I'm glad you posted a rave about Skogg because it's well deserved and he's gotten very lost in the sea of RKS.

Totally agree. I am fairly new to kettlebells and bought both RKS and Skogg but decided to start with Skogg since everyone says the instruction is so good. Michael is my favorite new instructor that I've come across in a long, long time.... calm, informative and very genuine. Plus, I like it when the instructor and cast actually break a sweat! I think this system is worth every penny and I can't wait for them to release more. I'm especially impressed with the way he cues so smoothly for those ending at each section but also those going on to the next section. Very well done!
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 06:22 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Totally agree. I am fairly new to kettlebells and bought both RKS and Skogg but decided to start with Skogg since everyone says the instruction is so good. Michael is my favorite new instructor that I've come across in a long, long time.... calm, informative and very genuine. Plus, I like it when the instructor and cast actually break a sweat! I think this system is worth every penny and I can't wait for them to release more. I'm especially impressed with the way he cues so smoothly for those ending at each section but also those going on to the next section. Very well done!
Good choice! They've done a very good job with this set. Kept it basic enough for a beginner, advance exercisers can go heavier, the rotation is basic, they kept the price fairly reasonable, plus they have left themselves room to grow! I just hope that future SKOGG offerings will offer all the same attributes.
Old 06-28-11, 11:38 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I feel the same way about Michael. He is so genuine in this system. Everybody is working hard, and I really appreciate the different views from above and side, it solidifies my form every time I do this.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 11:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Are these DVDs or DVD-Rs?
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 11:39 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta-tude View Post
are these dvds or dvd-rs?
dvds
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
dvds
Thanks!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-11, 12:03 PM  
cardiomama

Alta- not sure if you have a preference for how the DVDs are packaged, but the Skogg DVDs are packaged in a slim cardboard case, not individual (hard plastic) DVD holders/cases. I transferred them to a CD/DVD holder (don't want to give myself any opportunities to scratch them up or place smudges on them).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebell instruction, michael skogg, skogg system