Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-06-20, 12:08 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. Later will do my Zoom Yin class. but I think I will take off a few days, since I am having too many issues -- back, knee shoulder and need to recover.

Cheryl, what a great family Olympics and sounds like you killed it! DD has got some great competitions planned. good luck on the future ones!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 01:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

What a great family fun idea that Olympics is. Part of DD's online school lessons?

Famous line from the movie Lawrence of Arabia: "They call this the anvil of the sun." That's how I felt when I tried to take a morning walk in the neighborhood. Too hot by 11:00, the air quality is "moderate" which is worse than "good" which I was getting used to, and the ankle strap on my left (old favorite; too old) walking sandal broke. I gave up after 3 blocks from home. Plus it'll get 10* hotter very soon.

Rest day.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 09:23 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report. I had a lot going on today. I had children's church. Later in the day, I met my camp partner a couple hours before evening church so we could plan for the school year. This was a really draining day.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 09:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-07-20, 06:27 PM  
seabliss

Happy Labor Day! Today I did Fitness Blender's Total Body Strength Training with Dumbbells, and I walked a mile.

We finished the family Olympics today! This was all DD's idea and not for school or anything. She got the idea from a book she had been reading and came up with the events herself. In the end I actually won the most events, which I'm disappointed about because I really wanted DD to win. And weirdly I won the freestyle rap competition. But we're planning to hold these Olympics every year and maybe change out a few events--whatever DD wants.

Cynthia, I have definitely felt the anvil of the sun, particularly in Texas.

Lynn, I hope your physical issues resolve quickly!

Diana, I hope today was restful after yesterday's tiring day!

The local news station called me today in response to a message I had sent them several weeks ago about the fact that I have received no money for my unemployment claims. They want me to give them a bit more information, and they are going to pursue this for me - "no promises." So that's kind of interesting--we'll see if they are able to help. They've gotten a lot of complaints about the state unemployment department over COVID.

Cheryl
Old 09-07-20, 08:21 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, your DD is marvelously creative. Gee, wonder where she gets that from. I hope you get that unemployment. Glad you have the media on your side.

It's hot today, but bearable as long as I hold still, plus the air is no better than "moderate." Last night it was unhealthy for sensitive groups.

Today, my best friend from worked phoned and we exulted about enjoying Labor Day. And being retired.

Lynn, it can be hard not to exercise! But you're on the right track, with taking time to heal.

Diana, have some rest!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 08:48 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Tomorrow is the first day teaching the Bible stories in the class room. Wish me luck. I also have a hair appointment.

Cheryl The Olympics sound really fun. I enjoy hearing about the fun stuff you do. Yay for the news station getting involved. Keep us updated.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-08-20, 06:59 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-08-20, 06:59 PM  
seabliss

Today I did two low-impact cardio/HIIT workouts, one from Blogilates and one from Heather Robertson, totalling about a half an hour. And I walked a mile outdoors.

Diana, good luck with the Bible teaching! I have a hair appt. Thursday. Last cut until I have to find a new stylist in Nashville.

Cynthia, glad you got to talk with your best friend. That feeds the soul!

Waving to Lynn and Linda!

Cheryl
Old 09-08-20, 07:33 PM  
lynnf

MELT performance upper body. May do some restorative yoga now. Back is doing a bit better. Things are awful here at the University. Lots of the kids are getting sick -- close to 1000 at this point. None of my students yet, but DH has big classes and about 25 of his kids have it and one just lost her dad to it. Very upsetting.

Cheryl, congrats on your Olympic gold. This sounds like a great family tradition. We had the yearly acorn festival, which had a number of strange competitions, and lasted many years. Then there was the Mother's day amazing race, which got very elaborate and was even video taped. So this sounds like your family thing and will make some great memories.

Cynthia, hoping things cool down for you. We were supposed to get a really cold front, but apparently the model was wrong so it is not going to be as fall-like as promised. But it's not as hot as it could be here at this time.

Diana, good luck with your teaching and haircut. You really seem to be having so many great new experiences since you gave up the shop. So nice to hear about your new adventures.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote