Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-20, 12:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I'm thankful for the warm comfortable smell of Cyric's soft coat and the way he wraps his paws around my forearms for our mind meld and the way he runs to me for attention whenever I sit down.

Today's tasks:
Clean floors DONE!
Clean kitchen DONE
Answer emails
Make cleaning spreadsheet
Work on finding places for Mom's things
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 10:59 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Wow, I didn't realize you've had it that long! I have had 2 of theirs since 2004. Did you try taking the battery out? I'm trying to remember how my first one acted when it died. And how old it was.
Thanks Vannie for all the good info! So maybe this pedometer has a couple years left and the battery was going bad. I looked up the battery and they last about 2 yrs and it sure could be that long since I put it in. So I'm going to get a new battery and see if that resolves things. In theory, would be nice to have something that is rechargeable and a wristwatch type but I'm not seeing those options. I'm finding that I really miss tracking my steps and progress.

Your time with Cyric sounds so sweet! Reminds me quite a bit of Belle too. She loves to wrap her paws around my wrist. I pretend she's got me in a WWE wrist lock and it's just fun goofing around.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 11:40 AM  
Leonana

I haven't been working out this week. I think I got food poisoning. I was sick Tuesday afternoon, and am feeling better today. It's always something, lol.

I did go up north to Flagstaff on Monday and came home Tuesday. It was nice there, much cooler. I think I got my food poisoning from my coffee creamer, the half and half in the small container. Lesson learned, I'm drinking black coffee from now on!
Old 09-04-20, 07:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Wrote this last night but forgot to post!

Today I'm thankful for cooler weather and music. This morning I did day 25 of the DYY challenge before our 3 mi walk then I bounced on my rebounder for 10 min and finished with a Dark Horse Rowing stretch. I was finally able to pry the batteries out of my elliptical and i also emailed them back with the serial number and stuff. A power adapter will cost $35. Cheaper than batteries for the life of it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-04-20, 09:53 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I hope you are all better. How awful to get food poisoning.

Vannie, we are thankful for the cooler weather too. Tomorrow is supposed to be well into the 90's again but after that, definitely a cooling trend. We need rain desperately. There are been some very serious wildfires in our region. We are supposed to get rain Monday. Fingers crossed!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-05-20, 05:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I just read this during my meditation time:

"Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart." ~Larissa Gomez

Old 09-06-20, 10:08 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I just read this during my meditation time:

"Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart." ~Larissa Gomez
Very much agree with the above. Thanks for sharing it Vannie!

I'm back to recording my distance/steps since my pedometer is back in action. Vannie, I was glad to learn from you that New Lifestyles brand seems more accurate than others you've tried so I'll stick with it.

I've been doing a lot of house cleaning/organizing as we've got company coming for about a week....a friend of DH's who is a pretty easy house guest. It's good motivation to get some of these catch all areas(like the guest room)cleaned up.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-07-20, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

We hiked Sat and Sun, almost 6 mi and almost 8 mi. Today I went for a walk by myself (couldn't pick Cyric up till afternoon), did CLX Burn Circuit 1 and TurboFire Stretch 10 then watched baseball. Unfortunately, hubby had to go in to work all day. I have been fighting off a migraine all day and didn't feel like cooking so picked up Panda Express for supper.

Sherry, I hope you're feeling better after the food poisoning. That's no fun! Did you get your bike yet?

Katie, it's so interesting how Cyric and Belle have so much in common. Is that paw-wrapping an ACD thing? D'Argo never did that but he would put his paw in my hand like we were holding hands. Glad your pedometer is working again. I had several cheap pedometers in the beginning and none lasted or they weren't accurate or both. I researched and found NL accelerometers were so accurate they were used as the benchmark against with other brands were compared. Mine actually messed up yesterday. When my Fitbit buzzed that I hit 10000 steps on our hike I checked my pedometer and it was about 5000 steps lower. Today I noticed the time is wrong so I think somehow while we were hiking it got reset. No idea how! I need to reset the time when I write stuff down tonight.

Hope things are going well, MT!

Old 09-08-20, 11:24 AM  
Catahoula Cate

We got our rain yesterday! yay! Rained pretty much all night and most of the day. It was a nice soaker and then a frost last night. So all that should help get a handle on the many fires in the region. Definitely a hint of Fall in the air. I plan on getting Belle for a walk this afternoon.

Vannie, I agree, Belle and Cyric share a lot of similarities. I don't know if the paw wrapping is an ACD thing or not. I can't remember....did you conclude that Cyric is an ACD/GSD mix? We've pretty much concluded that for Belle even though the people we got her from said she was ACD/Australian Shepherd. I don't think either parent was purebred so I think it was hard for the breeder to really know. Everyone who sees Belle says she looks GSD especially through the ears/face and we agree.

Waves to Sherry and MT!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-08-20, 05:41 PM  
MathTeacher

Hi Girls, Everything is going really well at school. The kids are great and they are wearing their masks. I am glad that is one battle we are not having. I am really tired and working every second of the work day.

Sherry, Food poisoning is awful! I hope you are better.

Katie, it is just hot here. Period.

Vannie, I am looking forward to cooler weather. Friday night was a beautiful night for football. The band did great.

Have a great week!