Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-20, 08:05 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was another Jessica fusion workout from youtube (feel good fusion). I went for a flu shot yesterday and my arm is still a bit sore so I just wanted to do something calm. It's a nice day so I'll probably go for a walk at lunch. Tomorrow I'll get back on the Walk Strong master schedule.

Donna, thanks for the links to the Faithful workouts. I will check those out. We definitely need positive messages right now!

Sherry had mentioned in another thread a show called the Good Witch which a friend of mine has also suggested. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but apparently it has a lot of positive messages, so I look forward to watching that.

I have to call into a meeting so I will go for now...
Old 09-23-20, 09:09 PM  
Leonana

Today I helped my friend paint again. They have almost all of it done, so that should be the last of my painting. They are excited about opening an ice cream shop, and it's in an area with no other competition. I hope it's successful for them. Her husband is still working his regular job, and they bought everything used, and did the work themselves, so they have no debt either. I think they have a good chance of making it a success.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you like the Good Witch. It's kind of cheesy, but it's so feel good, I don't care, lol.

Donna, I think I need to do those Faithful Workouts. I'm worried about the same things.

Pam, my cats definitely keep me on my toes, lol. We have three, and I feed some ferals outside. How many cats do you have?
Old 09-24-20, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Body Reshaping & Posture w/ Amanda

I did set a meeting for myself at noon and I will either walk then or do one of my Faithful Workouts -I'm on to disc # 2 now, so I'll do whatever is first!

Last night I squeezed in a CS episode. And during my "meeting with me" I did housework. I think for as long as I'm working from home I need a 30 min "meeting with me" to take a break from the desk, move around, exercise, walk or do housework.

I'm finding the Classical Stretch/Essentrics to be helping a lot with my posture and also with making me move less like a little old lady. So, that is good.

The mention of new Jessica workouts has my eye wandering, LOL!
i was eyeing Jessica's "Healthy for the Holidays" challenge since she mentioned it in her newsletter. I like that it is only 5 scheduled days a week. We'll see though.... LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

I got the news I was waiting for at work - so I'm going to be going back to my old department as an "advisor" - basically a supervisor who has no power, LOL, in that my boss is the supervisor who does the performance reviews but I review the work, provide input in the review, etc. So we shall see about that, too.....hopefully the change will happen in the next two weeks, although I suspect it will be more like four weeks b/c it has to be at the beginning of a pay period and we are just finishing one up now.

I'm glad that worked out - I know it isn't going to be easy, but at least I speak the language there, LOL!

I will have to look into the Good Witch - nothing wrong w/ cheesey. We need stuff to distract us and make us feel good these days.

Sherry - Michelle is doing an Over 40 challenge starting on Oct 1st. You can join the challenge for free, I believe. She has a lot of workouts on You Tube and some free content on her site if you didn't want to sign up for streaming. I hope your friends have success in their business - it sounds like they are set up for it!

wishiwasinhawaii - I have to get a flu shot.....I think I'll see what they have available at Minute Clinic. I'm not looking forward to it, I always get a little sick from it. They tell me it is a sign of a good immune response, but sometimes I think my immune systems is a bit over reactive.

Waves, Pam!

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:09 PM  
Leonana

I did my volunteer filing today. I haven't worked out yet. I think I'll ride my stationary bike while watching tv. Tomorrow will be a strength workout.

I need to get my flu shot and the Shingrix shot. I did ask my doctor what order, and she said flu first, then two weeks later the Shingrix shot. My only concern is if they want to take my blood pressure first. I have really bad white coat syndrome, and will refuse. Hopefully, they will still give me the shot.

Donna, congratulations on the promotion! Good luck in the new position.
Old 09-25-20, 08:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...catching up - ---Yesterday at lunch I did Faithful Workouts - Drop Down Weights - Michelle did a circuit of 3 exercises first 15 reps, then 10, then 5, then switched to another circuit. The time did go by fast and it was a nice quick workout to do at lunch. I also walked after work with DD.

This morning was - Faithful Workouts - Everything Workout -and this was truly everything - Pazaz (cardio dance), Multi-Muscle (4 limb stuff), standing core, kickboxing, floor legs, core on the floor and a stretch. It packed a lot in! She changed workout styles with each song change.

I also did CS 1009 - Stress relief - this was an all-floor work class.

I think for my lunch break today I will do some Yoga...

Sherry thank you!! That is a good idea to ride your bike while watching TV. That is a good thing to do on your filing day - filing is hard work w/ all the standing, etc. and the bike is seated. So that is a good mix! I have to get my flu shot - I think I'm going to wait until Mid-October or Early November - I had heard it is only "good" for 6 months, and I want to be covered through April. My sick months in the year are March and April. I don't get sick in the winter or fall very often. In theory I should get Shingrix - but that one scares me - I get bad reactions to the flu shot - and I just don't know what Shingrix would do to me. Plus, I have already had shingles - I know you could get it again - but then I just read that a VFer got shingles after having the vaccine. So. I may just take my chances on it. In all honestly, my case was not that bad - probably b/c I caught it early and went on anti-virals right away. I feel that I would definitely know the signs and would get treatment right away if I got it again. i do have to schedule my mammogram which I am dreading. I was supposed to go in May/June but w/ COVID I didn't want to go then and not even sure I could have gone for just a screening then anyway. So, I guess i better make that appointment....

waves, everyone - happy Friday!

Donna
Old 09-25-20, 08:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been busy with yard work and haven't done any workouts the past couple of days. I'm going to the office today to pick up some items from my cubicle. I haven't been there in so long that I'm not sure what to expect!

Donna, Congrats on the job! That sounds like a better situation. About the flu shot, I went early because I wanted to get it over with and I know it only lasts 6 months, but I'm not going anywhere anyway. I got a flu shot last year in late October and got the flu in February, so who knows! My doctor told me not to get the Shingrix shot until I'm 60, so I haven't considered it, but everyone is different so maybe it's something to discuss with your doctor. I am also anxious for Jessica's new release! I'm going to do the healthy for the holidays rotation after I finish the one I'm doing now.

Sherry, When I went for the flu shot, they didn't take my bp. I've never had that happen and I've been getting the shots for years.
Old 09-25-20, 05:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I've also been swamped around the house this week, so haven't done any workouts the last couple days. I did walk to the Post Office and back home today, so that's something!

Yes, Donna...Congratulations to you! That's wonderful!

Nice weather we're having lately! It had gotten so cold here this past week...brrr!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 06:45 PM  
Leonana

Today was the Upper Body workout of Better Body Blast. Boy, did I modify, lol. I used to be able to do it as fast as Jessica, but not anymore!

My friend and I went to Goodwill today, as we missed our Tuesday. I bought eight workout dvd's, but am keeping two of them, two Leslie's, Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles and Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. I bought five Leslie's total, but after previewing, decided to keep just two. I hope someone wants them on Share the Wealth. I also found a pink Firm and a Slim in 6. There were quite a few other pink Firms at one Goodwill, all cardio, but out of my league. I noticed a lot of yoga and pilates dvds in the stores.

Pam, colder weather sounds good to me!

Donna, I didn't realize that the flu shot only lasted six months. I also have had shingles, but it was a mild case. I think I'll get the flu shot now, so I can fit the Shingles in before my prescription for it expires. At least I think it expires at some point.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's good to know about the blood pressure. I read a post on FB from someone who got their shot and had their bp taken.
Old 09-26-20, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Essentrics Connective Tissue Workout w/ Miranda
Margaret's Unplugged 2024

I had to stand for a long time yesterday - long story, but my DD had a horse event - I thought she'd be able to go by herself but since she is under 18 I had to go as well - it was a bit of a surprise and a scramble, I wish they had told us beforehand. But, I ended up standing for several hours and my back felt pretty good - which is a testament to being consistent w/ CS. I really need to keep it in my life - trouble is, getting distracted w/ other workouts!

Sherry - yes, the flu shot only lasts a certain amount of time, but as wishiwasinhawaii mentioned, there is no rhyme or reason and you can still get the flu even if you had the shot. I also forgot to mention that I have never had my BP tested when getting vaccines. Good finds at GoodWill!

Thank you, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii - I'm happy with the change - just hope it can happen sooner rather than later.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 09-26-20, 04:59 PM  
Leonana

Today was the Leslie dvd I picked up yesterday, Walk Slim Five Really Big Miles. I did the WU and miles 1 and 3. Mile 2 was with the band, and I decided to use that for a toning day. It seems Mile 4 is also strength training. I read in the description that I don't want to miss mile 5, so I guess I should check that one out, lol. I did enjoy the walk, it was a good pace for me.

That's the only dvd I'm keeping. I only spent about $8 on dvd's from Goodwill, so not too big of a loss. I think I'll keep an eye out for more Leslies, for me or Share the Wealth. Since she isn't making any more, I feel like I shouldn't let them go. But I think I'll skip everything else, unless I happen to really hit the jackpot and find Margaret Richards or Classical Stretch. I have a hard time finding someone I like as well as Jessica. Hopefully, her new workouts will be out soon. Not that I don't have enough to do, lol.

I guess I need to make appointments for my vaccinations. I did make one for one of the cats, lol.

Donna, that's great your back was fine. It sounds like CS is really good for your back. I did one of the you tube videos for my hips and glutes, and it worked really well. It was more difficult than I expected, to do the moves correctly, and very effective.

Tags
jessica smith get strong