Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-24-20, 06:56 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s Purple Mile and IDTV Day 3 Sun Salutations A from Yoga For Beginners.

They found the vehicle that hit the young guy yesterday morning. By last night, the driver turned himself in. No other details were released yet as far as names or anything. From the sounds of it, the driver was driving a company work vehicle.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 09:26 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys when do you think we’ll get the new Cathe DVDs and downloads?
Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 04:06 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 30 minutes on the elliptical + STS Total Body upper body premix.

Karjoy - My best guess would be we should get the DVDs by early October, since Cathe hasn't announced that the DVDs have been shipped from the replicator.

Cher - At least there will be some closure about the accident. It's all very sad.

Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, that's so sad about the hit and run. I'm sorry it's contributing to Joseph's anxiety. I don't remember if you said, does your DH have hobbies to keep him busy in retirement?

JBliff, apparently they weren't able to open my CC info and order form or never saw my email about the elliptical adapter. I had done it in the 4th and finally emailed on the 13th to follow up. The reply said I had to call nonwarranty service and gave the number. Grrr. I was sincerely aggravated. Anyway I called I think last Friday and supposedly it was for real ordered and he said 5-7 days for delivery. I'm hoping it comes tmrw if it's not in my mailbox now.

Karen, we have been hot (for MN in Sept) this week and I couldn't make myself run. I haven't run since 8/20 and am feeling pretty frustrated with myself.

I decided to go with the CLX/TurboFire rotation but ask me again next week! I feel like I'm still floundering around trying to wrangle myself into line. Monday after Dad left I did TF Stretch 40 and day 1 of Lee Holden's 30-Day Qi Gong challenge. Tuesday I put up a lot of my outdoor Halloween stuff after spending an hour trimming bushes, no formal workouts. Yesterday I did days 27 and 28 of the DoYouYoga 30 Days of Yoga challenge, CLX Ab Burner and day 2 of Qi Gong and ran errands in the afternoon. Today I did DYY day 29, Qi Gong day 3, CLX Burn Circuit 1 and CLX Recharge. I have missed several planned workouts. Sigh. Tmrw I'm not sure what I'll get done bc I have a Zoom mtg at 11 and then am going shopping.

It was really nice having Dad here. I miss him. We didn't do a lot, mostly binge watched 3 seasons of Longmire, but we did load up Cyric and go to the wolf center and a state park with glacial potholes one day, which was fun.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:51 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Rest day for me today. Last night I ran 3 miles and walked about another mile. Warm but not very humid.

Jbliff I forgot it is almost the end of September, so if course it will be October when we get the DVDs. I am really excited about the mobility work too.

Chef that’s terrible about the hit and run. I hope Joseph will feel less anxious soon. Sigh...Your husband is retiring soon right?

Vannie glad you got to spend time with your Dad. It is very hard to run in the heat and it can suck your motivation.

Gibbee thinking of you.

We are going to get some more cool weather at the end of next week. Can’t wait.

Kareng
Old 09-25-20, 06:51 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was IDTV Yoga For Beginners Day 4 Triangle and about a 30 minute walk later in the afternoon.

DH’s last day of work is tonight.

Vannie - DH doesn’t have a lot of hobbies but he does like to do puzzles and enjoys building Lego sets (but they are expensive so he usually only gets them for Christmas). He also bought one of the Lego games for his Nintendo Switch which he likes (he’s not a big gamer but does like a couple) and I just ordered him a grown up dot-to-dot book. . I’m glad you enjoyed the time with your dad.

Karen - We’ve had gorgeous weather here the past few days...upper 70’s and sunny! I’m enjoying having my windows open for a few more days!

Gibbee - How are things going?

Waves JBliff! Nice workouts!
Old 09-25-20, 11:47 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LIS Total Barre lower body premix + abs.

Cher - Wow, that was quick for your DH's retirement. Does he have any mixed emotions or is he just glad to be done?

Karjoy - Cathe posted the yoga clip this morning. It looks good too--more like stretching than yoga poses, which is fine with me. The upper body clip looks good too. Cathe is using some pretty heavy weights.

Vannie
- The park with glacial potholes sounds like fun. That is quite a saga with your elliptical. I hope you get it up and running soon.

Gibbee - How are you and your family doing?

We are still having cooler weather here. It is supposed to rain off and on today and tomorrow.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 09-25-20, 08:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Tonight I did Cathe’s ICE Boot Camp Circuit. I swear, the weights felt relatively intermediate but some of the cardio segments were TOUGH I thought. It is a good workout though, and you’re done in about 45 minutes.

Jbliff I saw those clips today and I like the look of both of them.

Cher I talk to retired people a lot. They all seem to respond differently. Most people are glad to be done with work, but lots of people I see eventually take up part time work to earn money or be around other people for a social outlet.

Vannie half the battle seems to be just picking a rotation!

Waves to Gibbee, kareng
Old 09-26-20, 07:31 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was a Leslie Mile form one of her 5 Mile dvds and IDTV Yoga For Beginners Day 5 Sun Salutations Bs.

JBliff - DH was so ready to be done working; although yesterday when he was leaving, I said, “This is the last time you have to do this long drive” and he got a little choked up for about 15 seconds. One of the guys at work brought in a small cake and they gave him cards with some nice notes written in them and a couple restaurant gift cards, and one gave him a bottle of booze. He was a little sentimental but still glad he’s done.

Karen - I’ve thought about getting a part-time job just because I might need to get away. Lol But, I really don’t want to be tied down if I want to go up north or something. Thinking possibly maybe Target or Kohls or something just for Christmas help maybe in November. We’ll see.

We are having 80 degrees today and tomorrow then we’ll be dropping down to the 60’s on Monday.

The only one of Cathe’s dvds that I could care less about is the Hiit one. So done with Hiit. I have enough already that I don’t use. Looking forward to the other 2 though.
Old 09-26-20, 11:44 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town + a segment of Namaste Yoga from TV, and 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - That was a nice send-off for your DH's co-workers. I guess you've had some practice being together all day from the quarantine .

Karjoy
- I think ICE is way more advanced than LITE even though they are both billed as intermediate.

So the high impact HiiT clip is up on Cathe's site. I'm not sure about this one. It seems like there are way too many burpees. I can see Cher never opening this one .

Waves to all. Have a good day.