Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-20, 05:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm readying my cowbell for Cataddict!! You're so close now!

KateTT, I've been wanting some 30-pound dumbbells and they're just NOT available anywhere (for a reasonable price, anyway)! I hope you find some 35's.

Bee, hope you got some sleep.

Manleym, Queen Enabler is at it AGAIN!!! At least I'll have something to order so I can get free shipping the next time Cathe does a preorder, hah!

Today was Live 151, Athletic Conditioning which was supposed to be like her LIS Athletic Training DVD (except there's impact), but I liked the Live version MUCH better! It was kinda killer but so fun! Loving these workouts!

Gotta run gals...making the potato salad to go with dinner, mmmmm! Stay fierce, friends! Waving to ChelePA, Nathalie, Kim, Horusosiris, Fanofladyvols...did I miss anyone? Hope not!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 06:38 PM  
Mickey12

Hello everyone,

Today I did a KCM workout I purchased recently, Cardio Sculpting. It’s an old one, before she started the 30 minutes to fitness format. It was 50 minutes of weights with short high impact cardio sessions between the weight sets. The cardio in between broke it up nicely. There wasn’t a lot of leg work which I appreciated. The music is good and the set was familiar from the Greg Twombly productions from that time period. I did a Jari Love workout yesterday so I was kind of overdoing the weights with two workouts back to back, but it’s all good.

Have a great night!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 07:14 PM  
lavna

Cataddict: So sorry for the shingles! At least, it's milder!

kittybug: Live 216 UB circuit with Hiit is also similar to RWH UB circuit but there's a lilltle less emphasis on cardio. You might like it!

bee: In case you haven't found the link to the UB clip, here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjSkdzAFjkM

Have a great evening everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 07:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, thanks, Nathalie!! I did find it, but just now. I like!! When I heard about band work I was worried because it's not my favorite, but it looks good and it looked like some new moves in there. Getting closer!!

I wanted to chime in before I forgot.... for pull ups in the Fit Tower workouts (or any), if you have a fluidity bar that works, obviously, but you could also do the band pull downs that Cedie does in STS -- if you have a way of securing the band to a door.

Kim, that Cardio Sculpting is a good one!

manleym, Stretch and Sweat sounds great! I'll check it out sometime.
Old 09-24-20, 11:25 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: I think I could use a barbell if I had one. Believe it or not, I don't have one. I also think I could probably go heavier with a barbell.

manleym: I am often overwhelmed by all the fantastic Yoga out there!

kittybug: I looked at Walmart the other day and they have almost no dumbells at all. Certainly no heavy ones. Oh well.
You're really making me want to resubscribe to Live!

Today I did Body Step 50. Another older one. Super fun!! I was dripping with sweat!

So, some notes so far on STS.
Every time I have done this rotation (this is my third time), I get major strength gains and definition. This time I'm also still Fasting so my body weight/fat is lower too.
However I did gain 3 lbs. over the last 3-4 weeks. Perhaps muscle weight?

I hope everyone is doing great! Fierce, so dang fierce!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 06:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thank you for the recommendation, Nathalie! I've added it to my list.

KateTT, yep, not one single dumbbell is available at our Walmart either. It's been that way for months!

Today was Live 62, Cardio Mish Mosh. I wasn't in a very good mood which might have something to do with my meh response to this one. It was a quick sweat booster but I felt there were way too many breaks and it was a bit disjointed for me. Of course, someone who prefers tons of variety would probably love it! Or again, maybe it was my mood. I followed that up with a short Vytas practice (thank you, you know who you are!!) that topped it all off perfectly.

Tomorrow is a new day! Stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 08:58 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Thank you for the recommendation, Nathalie! I've added it to my list.

KateTT, yep, not one single dumbbell is available at our Walmart either. It's been that way for months!

Today was Live 62, Cardio Mish Mosh. I wasn't in a very good mood which might have something to do with my meh response to this one. It was a quick sweat booster but I felt there were way too many breaks and it was a bit disjointed for me. Of course, someone who prefers tons of variety would probably love it! Or again, maybe it was my mood. I followed that up with a short Vytas practice (thank you, you know who you are!!) that topped it all off perfectly.

Tomorrow is a new day! Stay fierce, my friends!!
Hoping you have a better day tomorrow! I thought the live from today looked really good. I love kickboxing inspired workouts!

I’m still obsessed with Kat. I will definitely need to mix things up next week. Advanced #5 was tricky today. It seemed like I was always on the wrong foot. Once I mastered the individual combos with lots of rewinds I was able to do the full routine with no glitches. I’m definitely getting a mental and physical workout with some of these step videos.

My daughter is returning to her first softball tournament since she broke her finger. Weather looks like it will be beautiful. It should make for a fun weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 09:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kate, I'm that you don't have a barbell with your love of weights! I have two, but I don't use them a ton. If you lived closer to me I would give you one of them. How do you do STS without one?

kittymax, I was thinking that I could add the Fit Tower Total body workout to my next preorder to get free shipping instead of adding the downloads. I do like getting the workouts quickly, so that's why I've gotten the downloads, but I find that I don't use them much. LOL note that I've already assumed there will be another series coming and that I will want it. Honestly, though, I think I am just starting to realize that I have so many workout choices that I just can't get to them all and I need to stop getting more.

I'm glad I have an assortment of dumbbell sizes since they are hard to find. I also am able to use my barbell plates on the small bars I have, although it's awkward with heavier weights. So I could go to 30+ lbs if I ever wanted to do so. So far I haven't! It will be interesting to see if there will be a whole lot of dumbbells and other exercise equipment on ebay and craigslist when-and if--life goes back to "normal" (pre COVID).

Today I did Metabolic Blast plus the Calorie Crush followed by Bodyweight and Bands and the Calorie Crush. The Lite series seems so much easier to me now, even with the calorie crushes! I do think that I have gained some fitness during this rotation. Hope I can keep it up. So I have 9 more left to do. I'm not really dreading it, as the Step Boss series isn't over the top hard either. I also have the Pyramid workout compilation that came with the Lite series so I've included that in my count of 9. I may even be able to take a rest day before the new series arrives. Of course I got the downloads so I will probably not wait until the DVDs come.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 01:12 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All! The weekend is here!

I saw the High Impact Perfect 30 workout and I am definitely doing some of the moves on my rebounder.

I did Cathe Live 315 Cardio Boxing Supersets today. The workout consisted of six rounds. Each round had cardio kickboxing followed by weighted work using bands and dumbbells. Cathe used 3lbs – 10lbs dumbbells. The weight work seemed upper body focused. I am just okay with this one.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live 95- Total Body Barbell and Bands. This was a muscle endurance workout. It clocked in at 73 minutes and was longer than most CL workouts. It was a decent muscle endurance workout.

Manelym-
I do the fit tower workouts without a Fit tower. I do have a rack and Vectra that I use in place of the Fit Tower and they work just fine. I agree with you that the Fit Tower workouts are very good and Kittybug- yes, I am also enabling you.

Cataddict- 9 left to do! Great job!

Bee and Kate-
I use both barbells and dumbbells for chest work but I prefer dumbbells because I can easily identify when one side is stronger than the other. Much of the time though I use cables because if I reach failure, I can just let go without any problem. I hope you are sleeping better.

Chel- the Perfect 30 clip of the upper body workout looked good.

Katte TT and Kittybug
- Dumbbells are hard to come by these days. We have sets of both rubber and chrome dumbbells ranging from 2lb 10 100 lbs.

Mickey -
I frequently use some of KCM's older workouts, especially 30MTF- Weights, Body Training, Boot Camp and Muscle Definition.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 01:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All and Happy Friday! This week really got away from me!!

Yesterday I did the Fit Tower Total Body workout -- that's a good one! I was kind of sore this morning. Yesterday I was going to tack on Sweat and Stretch yoga, but I just couldn't face it. So today I did a Gina B Madonna walk as a warm up and then the yoga. It was.... Delicious! Yes, with a capital D. I wouldn't say my soreness is all gone at this point, but it feels a lot better.

Oh, speaking of barbells.... when I walked into the workout room this morning, I found a barbell with 110 pounds loaded onto it in the near middle of my space. Thanks, kid. I texted him a picture captioned "I guess my preworkout is moving this?" Hopefully he will remember to clean up next time!! At least he's working out!!

Kate, maybe the three pounds is water retention? Though you did say that's over a month, so maybe it is muscle! You are doing great, whatever it is!

Chele, I hope the tournament goes well for your daughter! Have fun!!

cataddict, I also feel I have too many workouts, but I do tend to reach for the newer ones, so..... I sort of view the money has what someone else might pay for a gym membership.

horusosiris, yes, it was just the one night I had bad sleep (I think! ). Thanks! Wow, I read your post too quickly and for a moment I thought you had gotten the Perfect 30 downloads and already done the high impact one. Rebounder is a good idea on that one, probably. I also saw the yoga clip this morning -- wow, I just keep getting more excited for this release!!

Waves to all -- let's get this weekend party started!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in