Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-20, 10:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I used to trade more too. My issue now is just that there's not much that I want! I have still sold a random one occasionally, but it's only a few times a year now.

Lovely outdoor class last night, although it got a little chilly as the sun started to go down. Happy Thursday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 11:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I didn't feel like working out this morning so I picked 2 workouts that have a high fun factor for me and that was just perfect for today. You would think that Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga, Power Foundation practice would be hard but it is not hard at all. I find it very relaxing and fun. The first 16 minutes are done lying on your back and the next 3 minutes have some cobbler, straddle and staff pose with forward fold.
I Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga. This is one I never would have purchased because of the title but another VF'er told me only one practice is remotely power yoga.

I have been thinking of checking in here again. I miss everyone and saw Pam has been posting, so I figured why not?
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 11:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Pat! I think you were one of the founders of this checkin, so of course you are always welcome.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-24-20, 11:57 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, Paine, for posting the description of the workout from Yee's Power Yoga. I ordered a copy. I'm looking for more short and not too difficult yoga sessions to do in the evening. I've been using the Garden section of Yee's Yoga for Meditation and the 15 minute section of J. Brown's Yoga for the past couple of years and am ready to add in something else. But DH started doing it with me recently so I need things he can do and enjoy. I'd love to find something similar to Garden with its lovely hip openers but also good on the entire lower body and low back and the same complete lack of dread.

It's been years since I posted on this check in and I never posted consistently. But I still read it regularly. Familiar people and good ideas for new-to-me workouts. I can't remember the last time I wore shoes for anything indoors. I should probably start posting here again now that a few of my life-complicating things are handled. Not that all such things are or will ever be gone.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 12:37 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Hi Pat! I think you were one of the founders of this checkin, so of course you are always welcome.
Thanks Beth. I'm looking forward to having more first hand knowledge about your YouTube channel.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 01:03 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

PAT!!! I'm so happy to see you here! I've missed you too. It will be great if you came back to this check-in.

KarenJo, I'm happy to see you here too! I hope you like Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga DVD. The Power Foundation practice on that DVD is my favorite practice from that DVD. The Power Foundation practice would be great for the evening to unwind. KarenJo, another great one for evening is Lee Holden's Bonus segment on his Qi Gong for Deep Sleep. It's only about 13 minutes long, it's all done laying on your back and you can do it for free from YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLW...ExerciseToHeal

KarenJo, I have always wondered about J. Brown's Yoga DVD. Other than that 15 minute section you mentioned, do you like the rest of that DVD? It is so great that your DH will do that practice with you. I always enjoyed reading your posts and I hope you continue to post here whenever you can.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 01:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Haha Pat--well, I'm a yoga evangelist, and that includes my own stuff.

KarenJo, I think it's a welcome "back" for you too, isn't it? Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week is also lovely if you haven't tried that one.

Anny I'm doing a Sarah Beth mobility for neck/shoulders practice right now.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-24-20, 05:31 PM  
Anny

Beth I hope you like Sara Beth’s practice!

Welcome to Pat and Karen Jo!

Paine I love the sound of that Rodney Yee Power Yoga, especially the first 15 minutes on your back.

Barefoot workout wise - last night I did some miles from Leslie’s 5 day walk plan (the blue and yellow miles) and tonight after work I am planning to do some yoga (not sure yet if it will be from the Thrive through Yoga book or something from Yoga with Adriene). With the Leslie miles last night, I muted the sound, put on my own loud music and kind of walk-danced. Loads of fun!
Old 09-24-20, 10:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did Lower Body 1 and both Arm sections of Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt. Paine, I loved Lower Body 1! Reminded me a lot of Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs (probably because they are both Pilates-based). Not sure why I forgot about it. Doing both Arm sections left me with that nice toasted feeling. If you try the Arm sections out I'll be interested in your thoughts.

I mailed off my last sale at VF Roost (at least for now). Unfortunately the sale of a couple of my Classical Stretch seasons fell through. Also, so far I've had no interest in either Fluidity or the Bellyfit series, which surprises me.

Pat and Karen Jo -- Good to see you both again! As always, while some of us post daily or nearly every day, other Barefooters pop in as their circumstances permit. We love hearing from everyone!

Anny: I've occasionally tried the "Leslie off" option on a couple of her DVDs, but it just looked too weird to see Leslie's mouth constantly moving and nothing coming out!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Pat & KarenJo !

I taught Essentrics this morning and did some various cardio, yoga, & an arm workout from Trudie Styler’s Pure Sculpt. Paine you inspired me to pull that out out & it had some interesting & unusual flowy arm work. I’ll be doing more of it as the short segments make nice add ons. I had gotten away from dvds with traveling so much, but I’m going to revisit my collection. I did pare it down a lot last year but kept the ones by my fave instructors.

My level 4 Essentrics certification package arrived today so I’ll be hitting the books and watching anatomy videos again. I hope to get it done by January.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga headstand bench