Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-20, 11:29 AM  
bfit

What is the advantage of subscribing to Pahla B, etc.?

I've been doing Pahla B and Caroline Jordan workouts on You Tube because of an injury. What is the advantage of subscribing to their channels? I've just been doing what I find free on You Tube. If I subscribe do I need to pay? Does a subscription mean that you have access to more workouts, new workouts, updates, or what? As you can tell, I'm new to all of this.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:39 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I am fairly new to YouTube workouts as well (absolutely love CDornerFitness!), but my understanding is that it does not cost you anything to subscribe to a channel. I think the benefit is only to the producer of the channel, in that they might either earn more money or be able to reach a wider audience? Again, not entirely sure. I have only recently started subscribing to a few.

I sure am loving finding new workouts on YouTue, though!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:41 AM  
alisoncooks

I guess the benefit is getting notifications when the channel uploads new content. It's free to subscribe. The content, afaik, is the same.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

As the others have said, you get notified of new uploads but otherwise the content is the same. The channel makes income from ads so the more subscribers the more income. If you like a channel, I think it's helpful to them if you subscribe and helpful to you too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:42 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

If you are logged into YouTube (as opposed to just going to the site and clicking on videos you want to watch) you can subscribe to channels you want to follow regularly by clicking the red Subscribe button. You'll see the new content when you click on "Subscriptions" button under "Home" and "Trending" on the left side of the screen on your computer. The number of subscribers + number of videos viewed/total time watched is how YouTube decides how much it pays the creators.

If you want to be notified when they put up new content, you'll also want to click on the bell icon next to the Subscribe button. Since Pahla uploads regularly you probably don't need to do that but other channels might be on a less consistent schedule.

Some channels (not Pahla's) also have a Join button which is a recurring monetary payment and usually comes with extra perks, like getting icons next to your name during livestreams or special videos that are only available to members.

HTH!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 09-24-20 at 10:44 AM. Reason: left out a bit
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:53 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

If I have anything I'm even vaguely interested in but feel like I might forget about it, I subscribe to the channel so that I know I can find it that way later. That's an added bonus -- the biggest reason is to support the person.
Old 09-24-20, 12:31 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
If you are logged into YouTube (as opposed to just going to the site and clicking on videos you want to watch) you can subscribe to channels you want to follow regularly by clicking the red Subscribe button. You'll see the new content when you click on "Subscriptions" button under "Home" and "Trending" on the left side of the screen on your computer. The number of subscribers + number of videos viewed/total time watched is how YouTube decides how much it pays the creators.

If you want to be notified when they put up new content, you'll also want to click on the bell icon next to the Subscribe button. Since Pahla uploads regularly you probably don't need to do that but other channels might be on a less consistent schedule.

Some channels (not Pahla's) also have a Join button which is a recurring monetary payment and usually comes with extra perks, like getting icons next to your name during livestreams or special videos that are only available to members.

HTH!
I used to donate money to Jessica Smith when I used her youtube channel alot.
I just did my first youtube *join* yesterday because I love kyra PRO and wanted to support her channel. It does give access to a couple of workouts not publicly on her channel (these vids do play on ROKU if a member). Kyra also suggested youtube downloader but it dd not work for one of the private videos for me. Otherwise, it is great for youtube downloading.
https://www.y2mate.com/en60
you can download from the site
or add the extension to your browser for an actual red DOWNLOAD button.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote