Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-18, 04:15 PM  
pgun3

average calorie burn perday

Does anyone know what the average calorie burn per day for someone would be. I know there are many factors but my versa said that I burned like 2800 calories and that is without working out that day. If I burnt that much per day then when I was doing 1500 cals per day I would have lost way more than I did
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-18, 09:14 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Try this: https://www.health-calc.com/diet/ene...iture-advanced

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 12:22 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

That's pretty cool Sue! It was a little tough to put in all the info (wasn't sure how much standing or walking around I do) but I do think it's pretty accurate. I'm 5'1" and around 110 lbs. I have a desk job so sit a lot during the week and it put me at about 1200 cal for BMR.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 12:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yes, thanks Sue. I also had trouble figuring out how long I do each thing. I guess I could use the sheet and record hour by hour, but that sure seems like a lot! I agree the BMR seems pretty close, although the FitBit puts mine at 1160 I think. Close enough! I am going to mess with the calculator a bit more, as I think I have overestimated the amount I move in a day. I don't think I burn 3,700 calories per day!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 03:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
FYI I have Chrome and the height dial isn't working (i.e. spinning it doesn't affect or change the outcome).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 05:56 PM  
pgun3

thanks so much Sue! It's telling me I burn 3,339 total per day. Can that be accurate? seems like an awful lot.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 07:31 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
FYI I have Chrome and the height dial isn't working (i.e. spinning it doesn't affect or change the outcome).
I tried on my iPad using Safari. Between ages 19 and 60+ the BMR didn't change. Height didn't change the number either. Seems like a 6'-0" 19 year old would result in a higher BMR than a 4'10" 65 year old at the same weight.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 09:43 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Sue, thanks for the link. It gave me pretty much the same calorie burn as my fitbit does on an average day.

The sad part, after putting in my exercise and walking and housework, I still sit 14 hours a day!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 10:15 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
thanks so much Sue! It's telling me I burn 3,339 total per day. Can that be accurate? seems like an awful lot.
Are you sure you have gender correctly set? I didn't notice it defaulted to male. That changed the picture for me.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 11:18 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Yes, you have to remember to check female because there can be quite a difference. I haven't seen anything change with the height dial either, and I'm not sure why they even include it since there is no BMI calculator.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote