Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-18, 08:12 AM  
Diana3271

Yogatoes

I found some older posts about yogatoes, but I wanted to see if anyone still uses them. Are there any knockoffs that are just as good? If you have a recommendation, please share a link. TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 08:58 AM  
violingal3

I bought a pair way back when and I still use them! DH and I used to fight over them, but we share and usually switch off when we're watching a movie. Don't know about the knockoffs, but I'd say I got my money's worth out of them.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 08:59 AM  
ardnas

I still use mine as needed - maybe 1-3 times a week. I have both the knockoffs sold at Walgreens and the originals. Knockoffs are not nearly as wide/thick between the toes (they were only $9.99). Plus in Summer I like to keep one pair in fridge (in their box away from food ) for when I am hot.
They really help me with general foot & bunion pain. Sometimes I wear them for hours when reading or watching TV.
Old 06-01-18, 09:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I have mine and still use them, although not as often as I should! The one time I remember is when I paint my toenails--I use the Yogatoes instead of the cheap foam toe separators, and I keep them on for several hours then.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 09:06 AM  
Vantreesta

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pr...1-d5fb5b2ab391

I don't know how to post neat and tidy links, but I'm pretty sure these are the ones I have. I like them a lot. I have tiny toes so sometimes my pinky toe won't stay in when I use them after a hiatus, but I feel like they help a lot. After a couple uses my toes spread enough that the pinky one stays in. When I use them it's usually a few times a week for probably 10-30 minutes at a time. I can't use them in the winter bc we keep our house really cool and my feet get too cold without socks and slippers or moccasins. I need to get them out again. I have degeneration in one big toe joint and occasional plantar fasciitis and feel these help with both.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 09:53 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I gave mine away but mostly because when I started using minimalist/barefoot shoes, and found I didn't need the yogatoes.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 09:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I don't use mine as much in the winter either b/c of cold feet, but I have found that those fluffy slipper socks are generally loose/stretchy enough to get over the Yogatoes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 10:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have the original Yoga Toes. I don't use them often, but pull them out if my feet get sore. They do help & they feel so good. I also have a pair like the ones in Vantreesta's link, keep them in my travel toiletry kit. They are smaller than yoga toes, but do the trick & are more affordable.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I don't use mine as much in the winter either b/c of cold feet, but I have found that those fluffy slipper socks are generally loose/stretchy enough to get over the Yogatoes.
Thanks for the tip, Beth! I'll have to look for those!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 12:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I have the original Yoga Toes. I don't use them often, but pull them out if my feet get sore. They do help & they feel so good.
^2

I keep them near my bed. when I do have sore feet, I put them on during the night. I can walk around with them, but for whatever reason I haven't had a chance to do that lately. using it during sleep is convenient for me and works well.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Last edited by bzar; 06-02-18 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added "lately" in the second sentence. :)
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunions, yoga toes, yogatoes