Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-16, 08:09 AM  
Becky

UPS delivered to wrong place.

So I ordered a beautiful 20 lb. kettlebell from Kettlebell Kings on Sunday. They shipped it UPS and tracking said it was to be delivered on Wednesday. I work from home and my desk faces a big window where I can look out into my front yard. Yesterday, I see the UPS man drive up. He delivers a package to my neighbor across the street, then goes up the road and delivers something to a neighbor in the cul-de-sac and then turns around and drives away.

I then check my tracking and it says "Delivered". So yes, I went to my neighbors across the street and in the cul-de-sac to see if they received my package in error, and they both said no. I then called UPS and they put me on hold for a while only to come back and tell me that I should look on the porch and maybe I just don't see it. HA! My porch is not that big and he literally did not stop here. I've emailed UPS (had to open a freaking account with them just to file a claim) and I've emailed Kettlebell Kings as well.

Does anyone have any other advice? Thanks!!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I don't have any other advice but boy, you sure have jerky neighbors! Unless the scientist driving for UPS delivered it on another street entirely. Unfortunately these stories are becoming more and more frequent. I hope you get it resolved quickly. Please let us know what happens.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 08:30 AM  
Demeris

I'm sorry this happened to you. It's maddening.

I had to open accounts with both UPS and Fedex to get the drivers to leave the packages on my porch. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and they would drop the package at the end of my driveway. Too many times, I had no idea the package was there and had to search the whole of my property (and a couple of times the federal land to the west of me) to find where the coyotes had dragged the package.

Two weeks ago, a book I ordered from a small online bookseller was identified as delivered to my mail box (I drive in to town to get my mail). It was not delivered to my mailbox. I went to the counter, and they argued with me. I told them that I understood human error, that perhaps the package was placed in another box accidentally: after all, I receive mail for other people all the time in my mailbox, but I usually just put it back in the mail slot. They continued to hold forth on how the tracking said it was delivered to my mail box. I explained that nothing had been delivered to my mailbox. I went home and initiated a request to discover what happened to my package through USPS.com. I received a phone call from the local PO that explained that my package had been delivered to my mail box. I gave up. To continue to track down my book was too maddening.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 08:46 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I don't have any other advice but boy, you sure have jerky neighbors! Unless the scientist driving for UPS delivered it on another street entirely. Unfortunately these stories are becoming more and more frequent. I hope you get it resolved quickly. Please let us know what happens.
I am positive my neighbor across the street doesn't have it, but I don't really know the lady in the cul-de-sac and her address is 26 and mine is 126, so I'm a little unsure about her. I also walked around the whole block looking for packages on people's porches just in case, but no luck. I cannot fathom how someone can keep a package that is obviously not for them.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Old 03-10-16, 09:32 AM  
laurajhawk

No advice but you could hold out hope of its arrival for another day or two. I know I've at least once had tracking show a package as "delivered" when in fact it wasn't, and arrived the next day. I don't know how that happens either as I'm under the impression they are supposed to scan it right when they deliver and that's what changes the status.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 10:52 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
No advice but you could hold out hope of its arrival for another day or two. I know I've at least once had tracking show a package as "delivered" when in fact it wasn't, and arrived the next day. I don't know how that happens either as I'm under the impression they are supposed to scan it right when they deliver and that's what changes the status.
I have also had that incorrect "delivered" status and then it shows up the next day. It is maddening! I hope it shows up.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 11:41 AM  
Becky

So UPS just called me and confirmed that the UPS driver delivered it to my neighbor to the south of me. I'm not thinking it's my next door neighbor as I am friends with all my close neighbors and I know they would give it to me. The lady on the phone said the driver will go to the place he delivered it yesterday and try to recover it for me. She said if I don't receive it today, to call back and they'll follow up with the driver.

I am happy he's going to try, but if it's the lady in the cul-de-sac, I'm not sure. If I don't get it, I'm thinking UPS definitely should refund my money for the kettlebell as they have admitted it is their fault. It's so frustrating.

Old 03-10-16, 11:48 AM  
andtckrtoo

The really sad thing is that UPS won't cover it. They say they delivered it, and that's that. I had a similar issue with them with a spin bike. A bit tough to hide a spin bike (and the bloody thing weighed 75 pounds - I can't imagine anyone stealing the thing - I live on a busy street with nosy neighbors who are always home).

Amazon replaced it immediately. Hopefully Kettlebell Kings comes through.
Old 03-10-16, 12:10 PM  
bfit

I've had some bad experiences with UPS myself. I sent a nicely decorated gift box across the country for someone's birthday, UPS got the box wet, they took all of the gifts out of it, threw them in a black plastic garbage bag, slapped a label on the bag, and dumped the bag on my family member's door step. When I complained they said that I didn't have a "valid complaint" because the gifts did get there on time. Worst of all, there was no record in their "system" of who did this at what point along the delivery route, and any time a box is "repacked" there's supposed to be a record of that. It was totally bad service.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 01:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I once received a package dripping in beer. It was on a late Friday afternoon...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell kings, ups, ups delivery