Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-18, 11:08 AM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies- I wrapped up Week 2 yesterday with Cardio Flow. Afterwards I added on a 30 min Turbo Jam workout. I had forgotten how much fun those workouts are!!! I hate that they aren't easily available via the BBOD app, but at least you can still access them via a web browser. I really enjoy adding on another 30 min or shorter workout to my Saturday Cardio Flow days. Thanks for all the great suggestions for other P90x3 workouts. Will definitely be giving more of those a try!

Today I started Week 3 with Total Body Core. The third week of each phase is always my favorite. I love the 3x10 rep pattern and how you do all three 3 rounds of exercise groupings before moving to the next set of exercises. This sequencing really allows me to burn out my muscles. Looking forward to the rest of the workouts this week!

TracyQ -- completely understand you wanting to put this rotation on hold! With summer weather in full gear it's hard not to want to get outside and enjoy it!

KathyG -- Have a wonderful time on your vacation! Sounds like heaven!!! Let us know if you end up doing early access for Lift4. I'm dying to hear what folks think of the workouts when they are released.

KateTT -- I don't blame you at all for not feeling the Phase 1 Booty Workouts. Give them a shot again when you hit Phase 2. Once you hit Phase 2 the booty workouts start feeling like another leg day with more standing, weighted exercises.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Stay cool! Here in the midwest we are having our first big heat wave of the summer!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 11:54 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Savvy: I will definitely give the Booty's more time. Gotta admit I'm really tempted to buy those super heavy bands, just to see how they are. I'm right behind you! I'll be doing Week 3 Total Body Core tomorrow! Good to know Week 3 starts to improve. Not that the first two are bad. Just looking forward to moving on and up!

I am skipping the Stretch and Release days because I do Yoga almost every afternoon anyway.

Workouts:
Monday: 80DO Obsession Phase 1 Day 12 Legs. These are some of my favorites so far. Heavy leg work that I actually feel the next day. And I like the all weights, no bands. I don't mind band work but for lower body I just don't have tight enough bands to be challenging. Unless I get those biggies. Hmmmm.

Lunchtime Yoga was an old podcast from Eoin - Yoga for Short Attention Spans. I can't love this one enough!!! Wonderful flow, great poses, SO chill and mellow.

Today was 80DO Phase 1 Day 13 Cardio Flow. Love the bodyweight. Love the cardio effect. A bit of repetition but its a nice challenge, especially with the pace. Since it's short I also did Les Mills On Demand Body Combat 74. Fantastic as usual. This one had over 260 kicks in one track! So I'm really feeling me legs/butt now. LOL

Thinking either more Eoin or some Bryan Kest from Power Yoga for lunchtime Yoga.

Keep it up! You all are doing amazing!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 04:17 PM  
lizr

Checking in after a couple days off last week while I took my son to his college orientation (). I did Day 66 today (week 3 total body core). This is by far the longest I've ever followed a rotation and, dare I say it, I'm looking forward to it being over and doing something else.

Not sure what that something else is, though. I do know my knees are not happy with some of the leg/booty work as I also push myself with heavier weights. I'm missing some of my Les Mills workouts so that's a possibility.

Oh and I'm still boycotting cardio flow and substituting other workouts.

Good job to all of you out there pushing play!
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 11:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yup, growing on me more and more. I'm a tiny bit irritated by the same exercises but Autumn is mixing it up enough.

Today: Phase 1 Day 15 Total Body Core. I love the variety in this. I think my favorite move is the chest flies with the leg drop with band.
I am very pleased to see the others layering their bands. That's what I've been doing. I think for tomorrow's Booty workout I'll do that plus ankle weights (I previewed a little to see what was coming).

lizr: I have been adding on some of the shorter workouts from Les Mills on Demand. I too, miss my LM!! But doing both on some shorter days has been working well for me and my exercise ADD.

Wonder how Kathy is enjoying her vacation?

ETA: Lunchtime Yoga was Gaia/David Magone/Change your body Free your mind. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

You know something? I think I am starting to lean out - which is good. I'm not going to take measurements yet, and my weight isn't going down, but my abs are showing more and I am seeing nice definition...at least for me. I carry weight and fat and whatever (menopause sucks), but I think this is already starting to change things up?? I think it's because there are so many different types of exercises done. Weights, bodyweight, bands, functional. Lots of good stuff.
We'll see...the fun continues...

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 06-21-18, 09:45 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Holy !! Today I did Phase 1 Day 16 Booty. I did not skip it. My butt and back of my legs are sore!
Yup, today I think I found the challenge. LOL

I used my two heaviest loops, 2lb ankle weights and a 30lb dumbell for those first glute bridges.
Ow. I sure felt it this time! I think part of it has to do with Autumn working all one side first.

One thing I really like about this series is the "realness" of everyone. Even Autumn seems to struggle. Love how she adds on more bands and then whips them right back off. LOL.

Yoga later will feel good.

Old 06-21-18, 03:42 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Awesome job everyone! Found some WiFi near the ship. As expected, small gym area with no room to do BOD. I’ve been putting some treadmill hill work in though trying to stay one step ahead of the buffet, lol. I did try a quick total body aerobic class this morning on the ship. It was 30 second jumping jacks, body weight move for 30 seconds, repeat. Ugh on the jumping jacks but it was a nice finisher.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 06:52 PM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies!

I'm still working my way through Week 3 of Phase 1. I like taking my rest day on a week day (so I can sleep an extra hour) so today was my rest day, but I'll be back at it tomorrow with Leg Day.

I almost skipped this week's booty workout and was going to sub in something a little harder. On the fly, I pulled out my Edge Booty Extreme set (which I still haven't ever done) and was trying to decide which of the lower body workouts to do. I quickly realized how unprepared I was to make this decision and didn't really have time to do any research on it so I decided to just give in and just do my regularly scheduled 80Day workout. I'm glad I did because I really do love the week 3 workouts. The rep pattern and sequencing really allow me to exhaust my muscles. I'm still loving my heavier duty bands too although there are still some moves that I prefer to use a smaller loop (9-10") rather than one of my big guys (which are 12"). And for some moves I'll double up with one of each. I still want to try incorporating ankle weights now that I'm getting the hang of which combination of bands I like for which moves.

KateTT so glad to hear you enjoyed the booty workout this week! This week's rep pattern/sequencing really does help take things up a notch IMHO. And so glad to hear you are seeing changes in your body already. I think if you stick it out for all three phases you will be pleasantly surprised in the changes you'll see (I know I was). Eventually, I'll have to try incorporating the meal plan into my rotation. I'm not good at following strict meal plans, but it would be fun to see what sort of results I'd get by following the entire program 100%. And you are so right...I love the realness of this program. I love the conversations between Autumn and the cast. Donald has some of the best facial expressions during the workouts--I think he's my favorite. The cast is definitely relate-able and authentic.

Kathy, hope you are enjoying your vacation! Good job on getting in a few workouts. I'm not super strict about working out when I'm on vacation, but I do always feel better when I'm able to fit in a few minutes here and there.

Have a good Thursday night! Thank goodness (tomorrow) is FRIDAY!
Old 06-22-18, 04:51 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

savvy: I know, Donald is hilarious!

Today I combined Phase 1 Day 17 Cardio Core with Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. I don't have Fat Blaster anymore but since I was on BOD, I figured I'd try it again. Wow..way easy, but kind of fun. I definitely like Turbo Fire better though.

Cardio Core was the same as usual. I like the core work though and like not having to think about the cardio.

No Yoga at lunch..my stepson came over to work on our broken ATV so I was making lunch.

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 06-23-18, 08:02 AM  
savvychica4

Hi all -

Yesterday was Leg Day Week 3, Phase 1. This workout always gives me some great DOMs and boy am I feeling it today. Looking forward to doing Cardio Flow today to help stretch some of this out. Haven't decided what other workout I am going to add on afterwards, but it will most likely be something cardio-based.

Hope everyone has a terrific Saturday!
Old 06-25-18, 11:37 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all!
Started my week with Phase 1 Day 18 AAA. I like this one - lots of good variety. Every week I'm going a little heavier each time and definitely doubling up my loops.

I was starting to get a little bored feeling and was thinking about skipping the last week and moving into Phase 2.
But I watched a few of the Weekly Obsession videos and I think I'm just going to stick with it. Like savvy, I may add on things on shorter days or may occasionally skip one (Les Mills on Demand keeps adding new stuff!).

I did take a couple of quick peeks at Phase 2. I want to get there but going to try and stick it out and finish Phase 1. It's good for me to stick to this rotation!

ETA: Yoga at lunch: Back to Gaia for my yoga and another Troy Hadeed practice: Grow Roots to Get High. I only have one untried practice of his to do - its just a short 25 min practice so I might save it for a busier day when I can't fit in a longer practice.

Question: What has been your favorite workout in Phase 1? I think so far my favs have been AAA and Legs.

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal