Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-16, 03:07 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
LOL!! I have 3 bookshelves full of DVDs in my workout room and, if I recall correctly, at least 2 boxes of DVDs and VHS tapes in the garage. I also have couple of stacks of DVDs sitting in a corner of my workout room that I was going to donate to my local library but I can't seem to be able to part with them. So there they sit.

I think I should put it down to the fact that in the early days of videocy I was in the experimental stages of fitness and not really knowing what workouts were suitable. Now that I realise what I like and what Is best the buying has grounded almost to a halt

I actually like to talk about, and read about them more than I actually buy.

Last edited by Calistro; 06-21-16 at 03:08 PM. Reason: to add
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 03:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I think I should put it down to the fact that in the early days of videocy I was in the experimental stages of fitness and not really knowing what workouts were suitable. Now that I realise what I like and what Is best the buying has grounded almost to a halt

I actually like to talk about, and read about them more than I actually buy.
This is my situation exactly. At first, I was buying blind, with no clue what I was getting. (got a lot of duds)

Once I discovered VFF, and it was possible to see new video clips online, I explored a lot and tried all sorts of stuff.

Mercifully, things have calmed down a lot since those days.
Old 06-21-16, 03:18 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I agree that the anticipation of new workouts is at least as good as actually having the new workouts. I have gotten lazy the last few years, & I have accumulated a lot of dvd's that I haven't tried yet. However, I am quite broke right now, due to house repairs, so I hope to tackle the pile once & for all. I am also going to do a major purge soon.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 04:13 PM  
marki64

I'm to the point where I wish I were excited about new releases. Nothing looks appealing to me and I am not a "set" person. Everything is a set or just the same ole, same ole. And things are so thrown together these days. I know, I sound like a fuddy, duddy.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 04:40 PM  
bubbles76

Marki64, "shop" your collection. Or better yet, borrow from your library. I am actually venturing into a different arena altogether --barre, fusion, pilates, bodyweight mix that is Fe Fit or Dream Body. I tried some barre type stuff years ago, off and on, and enjoyed it. However, I was one of those types that thought I couldn't get my results without iron. Try something new, you could be surprised. Or a new instructor. Definitely not a fuddy duddy, just need to be inspired!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 05:23 PM  
s2546

yep this is true but the anticipation is so fun and helps me stay motivated. i always chalk it off to having a healthy habit so i give myself some undeserved slack! i know i spend way too much!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 08:32 PM  
TinierTina

Wink Well, duhh.... Debbie Downer stands by what she says

I came from totally made-up workouts once I took several dozens of live classes ... but only in two, rather specialized genres ... one of which is dance fitness, sooooo ....

I became a bit of a vidiot because wanted to see what I was missing ...
I guess, because I've lack of space, it's had to include streaming and so-called "offline apps" of time-limited licensure with the streaming services ...

But the streaming speed I have is relatively slow, and I don't like hiccoughs ...

Unfortunately for us who have individualized physical challenges and like the choreography complex, we will be treated like sitting ducks by the dance fitness and conscious dance fitness stars ... as they continuously monetize their offerings with updates and "a customized approach" ... which does not translate so well into mass media ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 09:16 PM  
bubbles76

Tina I am with you on the physical challenges. It is hard to find media out there that can fit our physical limitations. Maybe I'm projecting a bit Sorry that it appears that the only instructors that can meet your physical challenges and love for choreography have taken the streaming route. Not only do you have to contend with streaming limitations, but it seems they are price gauging as well. This is why I prefer dvds! I will take advantage of the free offerings though. I wish you could find a lot of offerings on dvd that you could love. But then you might have an out of control (again projecting ha!) dvd collection.

I envy you for being able to make up your own routines. Especially yoga routines.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 08:05 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Marki64, "shop" your collection. Or better yet, borrow from your library. I am actually venturing into a different arena altogether --barre, fusion, pilates, bodyweight mix that is Fe Fit or Dream Body. I tried some barre type stuff years ago, off and on, and enjoyed it. However, I was one of those types that thought I couldn't get my results without iron. Try something new, you could be surprised. Or a new instructor. Definitely not a fuddy duddy, just need to be inspired!
Bubbles you are right. I need to change up my focus and have gradually done that. I have tried some new things and I regularly take out from my library. I like T25 Focus and that is on hold again and is being shipped today at my library. I guess I just am not "dying" to buy something new. I knew Jari's new vid was gong to be the same stuff, just different set and cast. I think I am going to get Mindy's Fluid Strength this Fall. That looks like something new for me that I would like. I look at Dream Body and think "eh" I am a very good judge if I will like something. I don't have a lot of money to waste with 2 kids in college, so I am choosey. I like choreography and not big into dance, so I am anxiously waiting to see what Amy Bento creates. Michelle's most recent cardio vid is on my radar too.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 08:21 AM  
dela

I haven't been around much lately and have been enjoying some live classes these days, but YES to this! And I love the chase! I just wish more was coming out that still made me feel that way. I think it's the only time in my life I ever really had that excited feeling of anticipation, like that "kid on Christmas morning feeling". That alone is worth the money I have spent. It all started for me with STS years back

Funny thing about my last 2 purchases, which have turned out to be incredible, I was barely interested when they first were announced.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf bandwagon