Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-16, 01:39 PM  
holliholli915

Hopefully, this gets resolved for you! But, I've had to deal with UPS a lot for work. The best thing to do in a situation like this is contact the company who shipped the package. They'll likely have a corporate account and a rep who wants to make nice with his/her accounts. You'd be surprised what a company can get done through their rep that the average person can't do.

Plus, the company probably has some sort of insurance on the package and can deal with all of the logistics associated with getting the package to you. If they're really reputable, they'll just resend your order and recall the mis-delivered one.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 02:08 PM  
Becky

I have contacted Kettlebell Kings and they responded quite quickly. They said that I would first have to file a lost package report with UPS and then when UPS would initiate an investigation, they can go from there.

I let them know what UPS said and that I'd get back to them when I know more. I'm just very hopeful that the driver can get my beautiful pink kettlebell into my loving home, where it belongs.

I'll keep you updated.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 08:33 AM  
Becky

So nothing still. I watched the UPS man yesterday go to both my next door neighbors on the south and north of me with no package and come back with no package. I know for a fact he didn't deliver anything to them the day before, so he's obviously forgotten where he delivered it.

I'll call UPS again this morning but I've already started a lost package report. After I filled it out, the website informed me that because I was the receiver and not the sender, it may not result in a claim. So I contacted Kettlebell Kings and let them know and they said they'd talk to their UPS rep first thing this morning and get back to me.

It's so frustrating!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Old 03-11-16, 08:43 AM  
dela

Wow, so it sounds like you have one very awful neighbor. Can UPS confirm where he dropped it off by address? I would confront her one more time and tell her they told you they dropped it off here and could she check one more time.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 09:12 AM  
Becky

My neighbors all around me are awesome people and good friends. Especially my next-door neighbors on my north and south, so I know without a doubt that they don't have it. I have no proof but I'm quite certain it's the lady in the cul-de-sac. Her house number is 26 and mine is 126, same street name. I went again to her house yesterday and I was going to tell her that UPS says they think they delivered it to her. But she wouldn't answer the door, so no luck. I'm not positive it's her, but it's the only thing that makes sense. I think I have to realize at this point that it won't be recovered and just hope that UPS makes this right.

Old 03-11-16, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Wow, that's so crazy. I guess she really wants a kettlebell? Who knew?

I'm joking, of course, and I'm sure it's not a laughing matter to you nor would it be to me. I just can't believe people. This is totally the fault of the UPS driver. I hope it gets resolved quickly.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 09:42 AM  
Becky

LOL Summer Breeze, that's exactly what I've been thinking. She must really want that kettlebell!

My daughter actually thinks she opened it, knowing it wasn't hers and so even if she doesn't want the kettlebell, she's too embarrassed to admit she opened a package that didn't belong to her.

I'm still dumbfounded that people will take something that they know doesn't belong to them. I've had packages mis-delivered here before, and I always get them to the right person or return them back to the shipping company. I guess it's bad karma for her. Hope she drops it on her toe.

Old 03-11-16, 10:20 AM  
ardnas

I had the same thing happen to me, though it was via FedEx. I was expecting something, was home & watching for them, saw the truck come, delivered something to a neighbor, drove off, checked my status, it said delivered. I called them immediately and they told me to check with neighbors, look around my house exterior/yard/porch. Neighbor said they didn't have it, delivery was something they had ordered, so I called again and expressed how ticked I was and that since I stayed home to receive it and my order was expensive if I didn't get my full money back I would be filing a BBB report/claim against them and would dispute the charge with my credit card. Funny they sent out a different driver within 15 minutes who drove around my neighborhood and went into neighbor's yards looking for it. He found it blocks away delivered to same address on different street on their front porch.
I would make sure you contact your exact local UPS, not the 1 800 number. I have also had prior issues with UPS and they have always been helpful and fixed things within the same day, though I always insist they do and they usually call the driver and have him go back right away. Did they need a signature for your package? If so they have proof of delivery and should know exactly where it was delivered or who signed for it - ask them for the name. The company who sent the package is the one who needs to file a claim (it is unacceptable that they would have you do it!) and I would tell them you will dispute credit card charges if they do not either refund or replace your item and a BBB threat can't hurt - and don't be afraid to file one (not just a complaint/negative review but an actual dispute), they will make the company jump through hoops and resolve this.
Old 03-11-16, 11:38 AM  
mtnmom

I posted a previous experience with a neighbor getting my mail on the bottom of the page of this thread.

I had another incident about 2 months ago with some boots being delivered by USPS. It showed delivered on Saturday a bit after noon, but I looked all over my property and no package to be found. I was home all day.

A call to the company said they couldn't send out a new one until the package had been missing for 10 days. Whatever.

I missed the mailman on Monday, but he was hindered by the trash collectors on Tuesday (our streets are one-lane). So I raced out and asked him if he was delivering on Saturday and did he remember a package addressed to me? He was temping for the regular guy and remembered possibly delivering a package of the right size to my neighbor down the cul-de-sac. He said he'd check his records when back at the post office.

So on Thursday, the temp mailman comes to my door with the package -- opened. It was delivered to my neighbor. He apologized. Our numbers here are weird anyway, so I was okay about it - with him anyway.

But why would you not return a package to its rightful owner when you realize it wasn't meant for you? They had it since Saturday and I assume they opened it then. It took until the mailman knocks on your door to ask you about it - 5 days later? They are about 3 houses away from me, they couldn't walk to my door?

Maybe unlike the story of the blouse in my first link (she threw it away because it didn't fit her), these folks knew of someone my boots would fit?

My faith in humanity suffers once again.
Old 03-11-16, 01:31 PM  
mercedes

It has happened to me too - especially during the Xmas season! The drivers are so overworked they tend to make mistakes.

Could ups look in their records to see if they had a legitimate delivery for the lady in the cul de sac that day? Not sure if they would tell you, but at least they can start their investigation that way.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell kings, ups, ups delivery