Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-16, 08:54 AM  
lesia

I've got 20 lbs yet to lose but as much as I've worked out, it never budged. Maybe this workout set works for me right now? I don't know but I've tried Les Mills, P90x, T25, Insanity, Cathe, etc and while I enjoyed them, I wore myself out. Cranky all the way around.

I'm an advanced exerciser and if I didn't order MetaShred, I was going to order Hammer & Chisel, but the instructors esp. Autumn would get on my nerves. I've tried 21 Day Fix twice and didn't make it through 3 days.

In the workouts that I've tried before, I'd wake up with DOMS, but my shoulder or knees would be cranky and talking to me. I've had DOMS with Meta, but I'm energized all day and I sleep through the night. Something I've struggled with my whole life.

I've always known that if I just cut back on some stuff, the weight would move, maybe my planets aligned right with this combo. I've always kinda shrugged off the "only 30 minutes" talk, but MetaShred is intense enough for me right now.

Happy Saturday!
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-16, 09:09 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I've got 20 lbs yet to lose but as much as I've worked out, it never budged. Maybe this workout set works for me right now? I don't know but I've tried Les Mills, P90x, T25, Insanity, Cathe, etc and while I enjoyed them, I wore myself out. Cranky all the way around.

I'm an advanced exerciser and if I didn't order MetaShred, I was going to order Hammer & Chisel, but the instructors esp. Autumn would get on my nerves. I've tried 21 Day Fix twice and didn't make it through 3 days.

In the workouts that I've tried before, I'd wake up with DOMS, but my shoulder or knees would be cranky and talking to me. I've had DOMS with Meta, but I'm energized all day and I sleep through the night. Something I've struggled with my whole life.

I've always known that if I just cut back on some stuff, the weight would move, maybe my planets aligned right with this combo. I've always kinda shrugged off the "only 30 minutes" talk, but MetaShred is intense enough for me right now.

Happy Saturday!
Yippee!! So awesome to find something that is clicking - AND WORKING!!! Great post and insightful too. Keep it up!!
Old 02-20-16, 09:42 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
I really am not trying to enable at all, but as of today, I'm down 5 lbs! This is not a normal for me. Without going into details, I've been alternating DeltaFit (SpeedShred) with MetaShred. I've cut down on the sugar and other simple carbs.

The best part? I'm only working out 30 or 35 minutes (5-6x) a week. But it's a metabolic intense workout! I'm also doing a nightly hike of around 2 miles with my daughter at night. Not powerwalking, just trail walking/hiking.

Love this program!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-XTi7B...n-by=bjgaddour

SuperHero!
Congrats Lesia!
It is really amazing that one can get a good workout in 30 minutes. I have been reading good books so I use the time saving to just read and relax.
The combo is very meditative.
I find sweaty workouts meditative.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-16, 09:46 AM  
dela

Quote:
I really am not trying to enable at all, but as of today, I'm down 5 lbs! This is not a normal for me. Without going into details, I've been alternating DeltaFit (SpeedShred) with MetaShred. I've cut down on the sugar and other simple carbs.

SuperHero!
First congrats!! I know all too well how frustrating it is to do so much and not get what you want from it. I could have written word for word your experience with trying to lose weight, short of starving myself I feel completely at a loss as to how.

Are you simply alternating days with both sets in order? And these are the only workouts you are doing?
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-16, 10:29 AM  
lesia

dela,
I'm rotating the sets so this next week I'll do:

MetaShred + SpeedShred Rotation

Sun: Meta: Lightbody Leanout
Mon: Speed: Extreme Endurance
Tues: Meta: Thermogenic Tempo Training
Weds: Speed: 3 Move Mayhem
Thurs: Meta: 5 Minute Death Sets
Fri: Speed: Metabolic Matrix

Depending on how I feel is where the day of rest goes.

The next week, I'll just pick up with the next 3 from SpeedShred and 3 from MetaShred.

Other than the above, I'm walking at least 2 miles with my dd (3-4 times) a week. Not powerwalking, just trail walk/hike
HTH
Lesia
Old 02-20-16, 10:35 AM  
lesia

When I first dallied with the two sets, I thought there would be a lot of cross over moves (training the same muscles which leads to over-training) but so far (I'm on Day 20) it's not bothering me. What's great about BJ is that the variety of moves he gives you for that round, you can change what you don't like to what you can do!

Example: Today I did Super Strength from SpeedShred. There is a box squat move with a weight. I tried the way he showed, but I wanted an extra oomp so I took my 25 lb weight plate, did the box squat (where you butt touches the box and then stand up) but I added an overhead press when I stood up. Wowza! It took it to the next level. In 30 sec. I was able to crank out at least 8-10 reps.

Just right!
Old 02-20-16, 12:15 PM  
dela

Quote:
dela,

The next week, I'll just pick up with the next 3 from SpeedShred and 3 from MetaShred.

Other than the above, I'm walking at least 2 miles with my dd (3-4 times) a week. Not powerwalking, just trail walk/hike
HTH
Lesia
Thank you!!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-16, 02:09 PM  
lesia

You're so welcome.
Old 02-23-16, 09:21 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
dela,

HTH
Lesia
If a gal wants to try BJ's workouts - which set would you suggest overall? (don't say both!! lol)
Old 02-23-16, 05:16 PM  
lesia

Delta-Fit/SpeedShred is a bigger system (18 workouts or so) and on the intermediate side.

MetaShred imho is tougher! It's SpeedShred on steroids!

I'm combining both because since I've been doing DF/SS longer, I know how to increase/decrease intensity + to me, it has a different focus.

Lesia

Tags
bj gaddour, metashred