Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-03-10, 09:43 PM  
DejaDeb

I just did the cardio workout this morning -- first with the tutorials, then without. What a fun workout! I actually found the two "ballet" tutorials to be very helpful, the other tutorials (for leg exercises, arm exercises, etc.) not so much ... but only because I've done similar exercises. I feel so smart, now knowing the difference between a "tawn-doo" and a "port-a-bra!"

Anyway, I really enjoyed the low impact cardio -- lots of side to side movements and big arm movements. The high impact cardio had a lot of jumping, so I didn't care for that much (although Lisa does demonstrate how to jump and land correctly!) The remainder of the workout was specific exercises for legs, arms, butt (oh, excuse me ... derriere!) and abs -- then a stretch.

In the future, I'll probably do the first tutorial because it sort of warms up different parts of the body for the coming workout. Then I'd do the low impact cardio, skip the high impact cardio, and skip the rest of the tutorials. It's nicely chaptered, which makes picking and choosing easy to do. My personal workout will still be 57 minutes long, and that's plenty long for me!

Oh, the setting was really nice, on the beach with snow-capped mountains in the distance. The music was different, not what you might normally expect (or maybe not what I'd expect!) from a ballet workout, but I enjoyed it! And, she stayed on the beat!
Old 02-03-10, 10:06 PM  
kathys
VF Supporter

I really enjoyed this workout a lot too and ordered the beginner ballet workout. I have exchanged a few emails with Lisa about the workouts she has planned for the future and they sound great. She is taking comments/suggestions and seems very receptive. She makes ballet very accessible and fun.

Debbie- I also did it with tutorials all the way through and next time I plan to do it exactly as you have outlined.
kathys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 01:48 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb1 View Post
I contacted the Ballerobica website and received a very nice e-mail from Lisa Juliet. I didn't have to order the downloads after all ... but I went ahead and ordered the diamond package (3 DVD's) with a discount coupon that Lisa provided me with. Lisa was also very helpful in describing the differences between the workouts and how they fit with my own personal workout goals (I'm supposed to have goals? )

I can't wait to get these workouts!
Wish I'd seen this thread and esp. your post, Deb, before I ordered!!! I just went ahead and got the diamond package, too, but I've got the downloads...which I don't think I'll ever use, but since I have them, I'll try to figure out something.

Anyway, they finally arrived (the dvds) and I got a nice email from Lisa with a list of questions!!! Oh my god...the lady wants me to work my brain, too???? Haven't had a chance to do them...so many NEW workouts (yes, I've gone a "little" overboard, haven't I) and so little time...sigh...who would have thought: Lydia doing ballet !!! Oh well, can only HELP this klutz

ETA: Deb, thank you for your review...sounds absolutely wonderful...now I can't wait to get home and plunge into these!!!

Tags
ballerobica, ballet